Mir 3 US Server

Join Discord

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
New announcement: Legend of Mir3 US Closure‏

A situation has come up that has a devastating effect on our Legend of Mir3 community. I regret to announce that WeMade has decided to no longer permit us to host Legend of Mir3. We are very sorry to have this occur; I have no details of the reason why so I will focus on what we can do for our wonderful and dedicated community. We will run the game to the end of this quarter, shutting down the servers on June 30th. June 1st will be the last day that payments will be accepted. Other events will be discussed below along with an option to try out our other game, HelbreathUSA.

The more interesting idea I want to present to you is that we are seeking a game to replace Legend of Mir3 on our service. We are working on getting another game or games and we seek your help to do so. We are offering a $1000 USD bounty to the player on our service who introduces us to whomever we sign a contract with to get a new game. This will only be a payment to one person, for providing us the contact to get one game on our service. We are interested in a game ready to go now that we can start with it as quickly as possible. We are very open as to the theme and genre of the game.

We plan on running events during May and June that does not require WeMade assistance. These events will include x2 events during May and x3 leading to x4 events in June. We hope that will provide a fine last Hurrah to the game.

Another option is to have the two months access to HelbreathUSA, our other game. We are arranging for guilds to mentor new players from Mir3 to teach the game and help provide a fun and exciting game experience. The HBUSA players should be delighted, as it is always great to get new blood into the game! Those Mir3 players taking advantage of this offer will be given a special ring, bound to your character, to signify your status once you subscribe to HelbreathUSA.

The HBUSA game is better learned by building the character from the start but building to 20th level to set up a guild can be done quite quickly. For those guild-masters in Mir3 seeking to move to HBUSA we will reserve the guild name for you. The guild-master should use the TIXX system to reserve your guild name. At the end of the free time we will provide the migrating players with an experience boost to add to the character they already have or to a new character on their account. We recommend that the player be trained in the game basics before using the experience boost.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://forums.lom3.com/index.php?topic=5914.0

Regards,
The Mir 3 Community Forums Team.
document.getElementById("MsgContainer").innerHTML='A situation has come up that has a devastating effect on our Legend of Mir3 community. I regret to announce that WeMade has decided to no longer permit us to host Legend of Mir3. We are very sorry to have this occur\x3b I have no details of the reason why so I will focus on what we can do for our wonderful and dedicated community. We will run the game to the end of this quarter, shutting down the servers on June 30th. June 1st will be the last day that payments will be accepted. Other events will be discussed below along with an option to try out our other game, HelbreathUSA.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aThe more interesting idea I want to present to you is that we are seeking a game to replace Legend of Mir3 on our service. We are working on getting another game or games and we seek your help to do so. We are offering a \x241000 USD bounty to the player on our service who introduces us to whomever we sign a contract with to get a new game. This will only be a payment to one person, for providing us the contact to get one game on our service. We are interested in a game ready to go now that we can start with it as quickly as possible. We are very open as to the theme and genre of the game.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aWe plan on running events during May and June that does not require WeMade assistance. These events will include x2 events during May and x3 leading to x4 events in June. We hope that will provide a fine last Hurrah to the game.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aAnother option is to have the two months access to HelbreathUSA, our other game. We are arranging for guilds to mentor new players from Mir3 to teach the game and help provide a fun and exciting game experience. The HBUSA players should be delighted, as it is always great to get new blood into the game\x21 Those Mir3 players taking advantage of this offer will be given a special ring, bound to your character, to signify your status once you subscribe to HelbreathUSA.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aThe HBUSA game is better learned by building the character from the start but building to 20th level to set up a guild can be done quite quickly. For those guild-masters in Mir3 seeking to move to HBUSA we will reserve the guild name for you. The guild-master should use the TIXX system to reserve your guild name. At the end of the free time we will provide the migrating players with an experience boost to add to the character they already have or to a new character on their account. We recommend that the player be trained in the game basics before using the experience boost.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aTo unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck \x26quot\x3bReceive forum announcements and important notifications by email.\x26quot\x3b in your profile.\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aYou can view the full announcement by following this link\x3a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3ca href\x3d\x22http\x3a\x2f\x2fforums.lom3.com\x2findex.php\x3ftopic\x3d5914.0\x22 target\x3d\x22_blank\x22 onClick\x3d\x22onClickUnsafeLink\x28event\x29\x3b\x22\x3ehttp\x3a\x2f\x2fforums.lom3.com\x2findex.php\x3ftopic\x3d5914.0\x3c\x2fa\x3e\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0a\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aRegards,\x3cbr\x3e\x0d\x0aThe Mir 3 Community Forums Team.';

Well i think alot of us knew it was coming but not in this way :O. Wemade must have something up there sleeve imo, such as hosting there own US and Euro servers that are item shop same as Korea is my thinking.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mirs dieing. i guess wemade want to save abit of money and make it just korean, its not very popular over here so would probably cost them more in maintenance then what they're making in the US or EU.

im probably wrong, but thats what it seems like to me.

oh well, less official servers, more private servers :P

we should advertise on that site so we get more mir3 members playing. cld be used as a good opportunity.

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
this is good and bad

Good
Are P Servers will get loads more users
BAD
who cares its us mir it was full of us noobs who do not have a clue how to play this game

edit

gonna spam there now

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
mirs dieing. i guess wemade want to save abit of money and make it just korean, its not very popular over here so would probably cost them more in maintenance then what they're making in the US or EU.

im probably wrong, but thats what it seems like to me.

oh well, less official servers, more private servers :P

we should advertise on that site so we get more mir3 members playing. cld be used as a good opportunity.
Mir3 is a franchise in western countries, Wemade don't run the servers other companies do so its not to do with that but yeah as Joe said there is gonna be a huge influx in p server players now.
As for advertising on the site, the forum is more than active with GM's atm and will always be supervised as the forum is also run by another company rather than Wemade

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
thats y i will make a spam email and get them to add me to its msn that way it will spread by other ppls msn not just forum spam

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
this is good and bad

Good
Are P Servers will get loads more users
BAD
who cares its us mir it was full of us noobs who do not have a clue how to play this game

edit

gonna spam there now

Lets not turn this into an all out flame thread shall we, I know for a fact none of your chars on official server's have been higher than level 44. So how can someone with so little knowledge of how an official server works pass judgement on people that spent X amount of time online, the highest level Wiz was 70+ and the highest war was lvl 69, in 2 and a half years.

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
i dont play official as there boring and full off noobs i had a lvl 43 charr on euro and quit as was boring

so plz dont say i know nowt about it

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i dont play official as there boring and full off noobs i had a lvl 43 charr on euro and quit as was boring

so plz dont say i know nowt about it

Lol level 43, and u have the cheek to say other people are noob?

Clearly you DONT know anything about mir if u dont consider level 43 to be noob.

mapadale

Three words to say to everyone, who told me I was full of ****.

TOLD YOU SO

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Mir3 is tied to a contract, there is no way they weren't making enough out of it to cover the development costs from the US hosts. It's a set fee, and wemade WERE making a profit from the game.

I can only imagine the companies have had some sort of falling out for whatever reason, this doesn't mean that Wemade wont look for other people to rehost the game in the united states, however it probably isn't viable to restore an old game at such a late time in it's system life cycle.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Dunno if this 1s true, but i found this...

After over 5 years of popularity Digital Brothers, the company that owns game network, decided to end any contract talks with wemade and are in the process of "bleeding the game dry". In the 2007 yearly review and the September quarterly review, Digital brothers have made it clear they intend to replace not only Mir2 Europe but also Myth of Soma Europe.

Suspicion had been ripe since the lack of interaction from staff, this included allowing the continuation of cheats/exploiters rather than banning and requesting for cheat prevention tools from WeMade to allow the continues income from all gamers currently involved.

There had been a distinct lack of interest from staff in keeping the official legend of Mir homepage updated, with no regular updates since 24 January 2007 and no update of "screenshot of the month" since March 2005. There had been no update of the item and weapon guide for over 3 years and customers regularly complained on the forum with lack of feedback.

13 February 2008. GNOnline closed its forum and with no ETA of a new one. Staff have issued emails on request stateing no new forum will be made or approved until it is decided if they renew the yearly contract from Wemade.

Now this parts funny lol...

After exploit on exploit and continuing false promises from staff a few members of Mir decided to test the "knowledge" and response time from the staff on cheats.

Recently a well known player from Phoenix server decided to exploit the contest room bug, to test staff. After at least 2 weeks of constant macro exploiting he got bored and contacted the GameNetwork staff, requesting to be banned as he had had enough of the cheats and admitted cheating himself on this one occasion, staff responded only by the following "We respect your honesty and thank you for informing us of your actions" and his account is still active to this day, His name was Ego.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Now this parts funny lol...

After exploit on exploit and continuing false promises from staff a few members of Mir decided to test the "knowledge" and response time from the staff on cheats.

Recently a well known player from Phoenix server decided to exploit the contest room bug, to test staff. After at least 2 weeks of constant macro exploiting he got bored and contacted the GameNetwork staff, requesting to be banned as he had had enough of the cheats and admitted cheating himself on this one occasion, staff responded only by the following "We respect your honesty and thank you for informing us of your actions" and his account is still active to this day, His name was Ego.

lol thats funny as hell,
i didnt play Mir3 US but i did play Mir3 UK got bored after getting lv41 as you do lol.
but people should be honored that mir3 US staff are trying to find a new game for the mir3 community, a good provider tbh.

/ancient

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
lol thats funny as hell,
i didnt play Mir3 US but i did play Mir3 UK got bored after getting lv41 as you do lol.
but people should be honored that mir3 US staff are trying to find a new game for the mir3 community, a good provider tbh.

/ancient
Yeah because there nice to not want to lose the hundreds of customers they've got on Mir 3 lol, its always about money.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Yeah because there nice to not want to lose the hundreds of customers they've got on Mir 3 lol, its always about money.
but if people have payd for a service they expect to get a good service
but yes its all about money,

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I reckon WeMade must be up to something, i hope they make a fresh server, will be really cool. Best would be if they made a high rate official lol, that would own.

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
they cant keep up with ppl at lvl 50 + so nm a high rate ppl would be lvl 65535 before first update lol