Mir 3 - What keeps bringing you back

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
It's been a good number of years since I last properly played with a set of Mir 3 files, though I do still work on King3G and mess around with files just not to the extent of opening a server. One thing that I have noticed with the Mir 3 section, is how quite it is and not much being done in the way of development.

I still see some of the older servers are still open and some that have been brought from it's ashes (Nice to see Sting with a new lease of life). But I also see a lot of servers that are carbon copies of each other, they might not be identical in the way scripts & NPC's work but non the less the same ideas are being used across many different servers.

I am looking at opening a couple of servers, but not as a complete servers, more of development servers. Something that everyone has an input into and not just a select few. I will be looking at running two servers, one for 3.55/56 & the other for King3G. My aim is not only to produce two community servers, but to also put back into the Mir 3 community as nothing really seems to be gained from using these sections anymore other than for help getting a server online.

Everything that is done on these servers, will be put back into the community.

Anyone wanting to help, then let me know and also use this thread for ideas. I will open a forum section on my site, if I get enough interest to work on this, otherwise I will be doing all the work on my own. I will be encouraging people to play the servers as well, to give feed back on the way things work, what can be improved and what needs to be removed.

I am currently working on a base set of files for both servers, which I will make available once they are complete. This way you will see how I've done the file structure (Thanks to VE for this) and the complex of how the scripts are done. So lets get a community project going and give this section a new lease of life.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Would like to see a good new lowrate mir 3 pop up. Will keep an eye open 0_^

The last thing we need are servers that teleport you into a room with monsters named "Exp" -_-.

Last edited:

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I don't want to create a vanilla server, as this would be pointless. But working with the community on a whole, should give a better insight into what people want and like. It will also help with releases, as everything that is developed will be released to the community.