Mir 4 Dev Log

smoochy boys on tour

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Not so much of an update:

I have my NA/SA team working on fixing the jsons for the servers. Only when we get in game fully and everything is tested will we be releasing the source code, This may be disappointing for alot of people but this is the only way I feel we can move forward at this moment in time.

Reason: When I released the Mir 1 source that me and LCD worked on, we hoped that by doing so would allow others to contribute to the source and the database. Instead a Chinese team have taken the source and are not willing to collab in any way shape of form (Thanks for the source bro, bye)

I don't want this to happen to Mir 4 aswell hence the holding of the source for now.

Thanks for understanding <3

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Reason: When I released the Mir 1 source that me and LCD worked on, we hoped that by doing so would allow others to contribute to the source and the database. Instead a Chinese team have taken the source and are not willing to collab in any way shape of form (Thanks for the source bro, bye)

Thats a very common thing that happens when something goes open source. Dont let it get you down

• Sad
Reactions: zedina and Jev

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
on: When I released the Mir 1 source that me and LCD worked on, we hoped that by doing so would allow others to contribute to the source and the database. Instead a Chinese team have taken the source and are not willing to collab in any way shape of form (Thanks for the source bro, bye)

I don't want this to happen to Mir 4 aswell hence the holding of the source for now.
You can't say that u expected that NOT to happen? Look at everything else on the forums, it gets yoinked, reworked, and rethrown back out. (Especially by the Chinese).

I'd go as far as expecting a discord message from one of them "Selling Mir1 source code, $50,000 USD"

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You can't say that u expected that NOT to happen? Look at everything else on the forums, it gets yoinked, reworked, and rethrown back out. (Especially by the Chinese).

I'd go as far as expecting a discord message from one of them "Selling Mir1 source code, $50,000 USD"
Of course it was something i'd expect to happen, doesn't take away from how disheartening it feels. Hence why I'm going to do everything I can to protect the Mir 4 Project