Mir 4 Dev Log

smoochy boys on tour

ojeanc

LOMCN Leecher
Nov 5, 2023

What's left to do + future​

-Server Console

Database Form: DatagridView needs to be added and configured to work with any sql table we throw at it. More search options are needed.

Config Form: I should have this done by the end of the day.

-Client Launcher

This may be getting a complete overhaul in the coming days.

-Source​

So where are we at?
The server requires tons of JSON files that were either missing or not complete when the source was sent to us, These files are
crucial and is the reason we are stuck right before booting a character into the game. The team is working to get these created/edited/tested.

-Client​

Pak Tool:
Currently,the process of exporting/editing/repacking the Mir 4 Client's "Pak" file, this currently takes three separate tools which As I'm sure you can imagine is not only a ball ache but the programs being used were not made to handle the data that our pak file contains, Due to this, two of the programs crashes and are very temperamental.
We would prefer to have a single program that can do everything we need, creating one dedicated for the Mir 4 Client will allow us to edit
client's quicker and also make the process of editing more stable and easier.
A guide to the current process of Export/Edit/Repak can be found here: https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/client-export-edit-repak.111971/

-Website

Accounts: In the process of adding a email confirmation to account creation + password reset via email.

Tools: I have spoken with the owner of mir4tools.com and they have given us the source code for their website, they are happy
for us to use this to add their tools to our website. We will need to do this because once someone edits values like EXP/Crafting
in their Server, these tools will not be accurate anymore. I would like to thank Treffy (Mir4Tools Owner).

MirTracks: We will (down the line) create API's that will allow us to have a dedicated Mir Tracks for your Server.
This should contain; List of every player, level,gold,crafting levels etc.

This website will be made public in the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to just say thank you again to everyone who has helped <3 We are as excited as you guys are.
Thank you very much for the great work, the mir4 community appreciates your commitment <3

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
View attachment 34221
Removed your watermark and added mine for obvious reasons :kekw:
Steve Austin Wwe GIF by A&E

on a serious note, it was only placed there to try and deter people from taking the image and then using it to scam people with a set of fake mir 4 source code.

yk8278

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2009
在我看来,我不像韩国人,而是中国人。签入 GT,如果明确选择韩语,则不会翻译,如果是中文,则不会翻译。
View attachment 33781

View attachment 33782 :p

I've been looking at Chinese script for a long time now (mir3d translation) and Korean does look quite distinctly different. You could describe it as Chinese pictograms have high line density, while Korean ones are airy and blocky in comparison, have fewer lines, not as dense (crowded lines). I believe average Chinese must have perfect 20/20 vision since typically they use small font size to make it even worse. :怪胎:

BTW sometimes when there is no space, like here after //, you may need to insert it by hand to get more sensible meaning (it affects translation, sometimes it simply won't translate if there is some non-text symbol right next to a word). Here it looks like there is a space but probably not, Chinese have quite big empty space before or after words, bigger than the standard space in English text (not space as such, just a kind of buffer attached to end or start of a word which is part of the symbol).
I am a Chinese programmer, and you sent this in Korean. As your computer does not have a Korean language pack, it does have a Chinese language pack. What you see is garbled Korean code. Just install the Korean language pack. If there is a need between the general question and English, you can contact me. Translation is an easy problem for me.

Reactions: Tai

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I am a Chinese programmer, and you sent this in Korean. As your computer does not have a Korean language pack, it does have a Chinese language pack. What you see is garbled Korean code. Just install the Korean language pack. If there is a need between the general question and English, you can contact me. Translation is an easy problem for me.
He just attached some screenshots from Google Translate.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Update:

(Server Console)

-Database:

Connection can now be altered from the server console and is now not hard coded.

Connection prompt will ask you for MYSQL details if not found in local save.

-Json Form:

Jsons now load into a DataGridView instead of a plain textbox. This takes 20k lines down to 100 rows.

-Main Form:

All buttons have a hover cursor.

View: GitHub

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Yeah I played it for a few hours when it first came out. It's no better than the standard mobile games you only play whilst pooping.

So like most you quit before giving it a proper try and even unlocking half the games features, Never got to expierence proper balanced pvp because you quit before obtaining all the spells.

The gameplay, graphic, PVP were fantastic the depth you can go to for pvp on each class to have different pvp styles is more advanced than any Mir game ever made and most MMORPG's in the last decade. The only issue with the game was the cash shop and the greed of the company running and ruining it.

I hope once the files are fully working someone makes a proper F2P version so you and all the others who gave up early on can see how utterly wrong they are.

nxwile

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 29, 2023
Maybe instead of selling things, there could be a system like a gift reward system for users who are online in the game and participate in events, so that a F2P game can be created and it can be fairer. :)

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Looking forward to this, i enjoyed mir 4 the 2 things put me off, the P2W and at end felt like a job as you had to log in to do the daily quests like domination etc

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Looking forward to this, i enjoyed mir 4 the 2 things put me off, the P2W and at end felt like a job as you had to log in to do the daily quests like domination etc
Was you in any of the big alliances? Dtm toman hof sd chaos?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So like most you quit before giving it a proper try and even unlocking half the games features, Never got to expierence proper balanced pvp because you quit before obtaining all the spells.

Bruh, Far's highest skill on euromir was Hellfire.

• Haha
Reactions: Pusha and Vyse