Mir and vista

smoochy boys on tour

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
Has anyone played mir using windows vista and had very slugish game play?

i have tried all compat settings and nothing seems to work.

any ideas on how to resolves this bar getting rid of vista?

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Problem is Vista and Microsoft Know this and mean we have no Problem with this ... -.- Is not only Mir, many Games don't run under WinVU 3.0 atm...

don killuminati

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2004
I've never had problems with mir on vista. I tried it on Ultimate BETA and Business retail. Runs smoothly on both.

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
ive tried it on diablo 2 lod, i get a box pop up saying that there are known issues but then the game runs nice and smooth, but when i try mir its slugish as hell.

Spells are the worst, mass healing takes twice as long for its graphic to cast than when i ran it on my old xp machine(sadly cant go back to this 1 it died :( )

Looks like unless a new exe to is made to run mir on vista or a service pack is released to fix things i might have to put xp on my new pc.

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
could it be a graphic issue then?

im using a nvidia gforce 7950 gx2 1gig res set at 1280 by 1024 32 bit colour.

any ideas if this could be the prob? and any ideas on setting changes that would help.

hesmondo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 26, 2006
are the drivers installed (not just the vista default ones)

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
vista doesnt run like normal windows its not ment to support software made by other manufactures, its only ment to run microsoft software when it runs microsoft software only it runs fine smooth and is secure but it is useless with other software its to do with how the kernal works...my point stick with xp.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
vista doesnt run like normal windows its not ment to support software made by other manufactures, its only ment to run microsoft software when it runs microsoft software only it runs fine smooth and is secure but it is useless with other software its to do with how the kernal works...my point stick with xp.

bull**** and you know it..

I'm sure Microsoft thought **** it lets not make other applications work thats not gonna destroy our customer base

Seriously where do people come up with this ****e

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
bull**** and you know it..

I'm sure Microsoft thought **** it lets not make other applications work thats not gonna destroy our customer base

Seriously where do people come up with this ****e
IT wasnt DESIGNED 2 not stopping them it was made to be secure ill xplain later am off out its todo with how the struture was built in kernel has 6 option 32bit 16bit single execution multi execution and some more anyway really gotta go

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
are the drivers installed (not just the vista default ones)

all drivers are upto date not using defalt vista ones.

and diablo2 isnt a microsoft product yet it runs fine, also battlefield 2142 and warhammer mark of chaos all running fine.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
all drivers are upto date not using defalt vista ones.

and diablo2 isnt a microsoft product yet it runs fine, also battlefield 2142 and warhammer mark of chaos all running fine.

The nvidia vista drivers are meant to be pretty bad at the moment so chances are it's just a driver issue

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
just installed and tested Supreme Commander, WOW, runs fast and smooth and love the game.

Fingers crossed it is just a driver issue and it is solved soon, all these new games maybe great but nothing is like a good mmorpg.

GhettoFx

Runescape HD
Golden Oldie
May 17, 2005
if u email microsoft telling ur problem just say i play legend of mir and it wont run under vista and they will send u compiled files for it to work they did with mine

Unforgiven

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
have u got a direct email address for microsoft? i just tried and i keep getting all sorts of crap saying about charging and dl this dl that.

No need for email now got totally peed off with vista and went back to XP.

Will maybe go back to vista as and when they sort the problems.

Last edited: