Mir exe on a 17inch screen (Fullscreen) Help

Join Discord

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I reformated my laptop yesterday so i had to download everything again, including mir. However, when I run the mir exe it doesn't show in a full screen on a 17inch screen so its not wide screen it only shows the length (not sure how to explain). I done it before but really can't remember how. Anyone know how to fix this?

----

I've fixed my problem. It was to do with my nvidia geforce graphics card. I went to nvidia control panel and clicked adjust desktop size and position and ticked 'Use nvidia scaling'. It was on 'Use nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio' before.

Hope that helps anyone with the same problem as me if they encounter it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guiltyspark

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2004
i have the same problem i just brought a new monitor and 18" and mir looks so streched any way to solve this issue please thanks.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
i prefer playing on 18 ish

signs_202.gif

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i have the same problem i just brought a new monitor and 18" and mir looks so streched any way to solve this issue please thanks.

You need to go into your graphics properties, usually found in Control panel... And have a look at the settings and auto scaling or similar.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
You need to go into your graphics properties, usually found in Control panel... And have a look at the settings and auto scaling or similar.

think he means bigger your screen the worse it looks?? or can this be resolved??

mir in window mode to full , looks alot better.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I just read the "same problem" but seems it's actually a different problem.

You will just have to let your eyes adjust to it, the monitor is probably wide screen, and mir always looks quite stretched and poor on a big wide screen.