Mir HD / TruColor

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has the skill to turn the normal wils we have into 24 bit wils of glory. I'm currently using Photoshop to spruce them up, but a fresh perspective would be amazing at this point. The current process I use adds more colour to the standard image, making it 24 bit but I would love to see some other techniques.

If you decide to help, you can in two ways:
-State a process you use in photoshop that makes a standard 8bit image into a nicer 24bit image and works on any 8bit image from mir you use it on.
-Convert some wils to 24 bit by extracting them, doing what you have to do, then raring the resulting images up and contacting me so that I can turn them into 16bit wils.

This is a project I am working on independtly for the Four Heroes server in my free time, so I thought I would make everyone aware of that.

Cheers,
Cheeky/shorty606

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Interesting concept.

The only thing I wonder is how would the image be improved (What colours get replaced with what etc). if you catch my drift.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has the skill to turn the normal wils we have into 24 bit wils of glory. I'm currently using Photoshop to spruce them up, but a fresh perspective would be amazing at this point. The current process I use adds more colour to the standard image, making it 24 bit but I would love to see some other techniques.

If you decide to help, you can in two ways:
-State a process you use in photoshop that makes a standard 8bit image into a nicer 24bit image and works on any 8bit image from mir you use it on.
-Convert some wils to 24 bit by extracting them, doing what you have to do, then raring the resulting images up and contacting me so that I can turn them into 16bit wils.

This is a project I am working on independtly for the Four Heroes server in my free time, so I thought I would make everyone aware of that.

Cheers,
Cheeky/shorty606

id like to see a comparison between the two, if possible :)

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I'm jsut using the standard photographer trick where you duplicate layer, gaus or box blur it, set layer to overlay then opacity down to about 40%. Brings out more colours and makes the 8 bit images use 24 bit colours.

This is how I currently make the images look better, but I'm trying to go for a revamp, and remove the pixelation that occurs being limited to 256 colours, make the tiles smoother. You can't just blur them though as they don't line up correctly then.