Mir idea - mixed classes

smoochy boys on tour

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Hello,

i don't know if this has been done or not but i was thinking about creating some sorts of middle classes and i wanted to know what you think about them..

let's say that this is based on 2.3 which doesn't have assassin in.. so we basically have only warrior, wizard and taoist..

i was thinking about making it so that users will learn the basic skills automatically with the qfunction while they level up.. more important skills such as high level ones will be available only from drops..

now my idea was making it that you can choose when you first get to level 10 if you want to be pure warrior, wizard or taoist or become a mix class..

if you choose mix you can then move onto one of the two other classes which you aren't.. for example if you are a warrior to can move to become a warrior with some wizard skills or a warrior with some taoist skills..

this will make you have about 9 different classes ingame..
war, war+wiz, war+tao
wiz, wiz+war, wiz+tao
tao, tao+war, tao+wiz..

ovviously you have to choose the correct way to make them grow without unbalacing to much the game.. for example a warrior moving to tao can learn all the warrior based skills and learn maybe revelation, soulfireball, and something else..

what do you think?

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
from what i remeber OS 2.3 had a sistem pretty much like that
i enjoyed it tbh but on 2.3 u dont have no future on sistem

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its hard to balance, i was forever tweakin sub class's on oldskool

there will always be that 1 dominant class, which leaves the rest useless

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
isnt a tao already sorta war+wiz together, so having a tao+war or a tao+wiz would make it super powerful.

also, wouldnt it be difficult to add the correct mc? if your a war+wiz normally ude have no mp to do any damage with a wiz spell, so you'd have to give them extra mc.

good idea, cant see it being practical.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
you just have to play a bit with the spells adding correct values into the magic db because it is useless giving thunderstorm or flamefield to a war that can't make more than 2 of them.. anyhow i just was trying to figure out what ppl thought..

for the moment i would rather prefer adding this feature so that people can look into being slightly different from others according to what class they choose.. and i was thinking something like this but with some trial and error so that you don't unbalance too much..

it is not easy to find the right ammount of spells and power to give.. surely i think it is a nice idea if then ingame you can have special items, armours and weapons for the middle classes aswell..

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
or u could just split the classes in more sub classes like

Wizz - meele ( just meele attacks like tbolt , flame disturptor blah blah )
Wizz - mass ( blizz , met , ff ( weaker then tbolt and blad)
Wizz - Tank ( magil shield , repulsion , elec shock , and afew hit spells )

and so on , u get the ideea =P

and u could make some spell upgrades on higher level like GreatShield , fd,ff and so on , f

that wont unblanace if u do it right and could rly work well :P

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
or u could just split the classes in more sub classes like

Wizz - meele ( just meele attacks like tbolt , flame disturptor blah blah )
Wizz - mass ( blizz , met , ff ( weaker then tbolt and blad)
Wizz - Tank ( magil shield , repulsion , elec shock , and afew hit spells )

and so on , u get the ideea =P

and u could make some spell upgrades on higher level like GreatShield , fd,ff and so on , f

that wont unblanace if u do it right and could rly work well :P

And that would be pointless, because who wants a wiz that only has single nukes? (There's nothing "meele" (melee) about those spells btw...) Who wants a wiz that only has defensive spells? Lol. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Cos you'll **** it up twice as much.