Mir is causing problems

smoochy boys on tour

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Sorry to create another thread but im at a loss to why this is happening, like I said I can run games at high level now, but when I go onto mir it is really really slow....i mean its like i have no ram mobs are hitting me 4 times to my one and with my attack speed i should be faster, i know theres a problem because I didnt have this with my old card...but I dont know why mir of all games is giving my card so much trouble...please help.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sorry to create another thread but im at a loss to why this is happening, like I said I can run games at high level now, but when I go onto mir it is really really slow....i mean its like i have no ram mobs are hitting me 4 times to my one and with my attack speed i should be faster, i know theres a problem because I didnt have this with my old card...but I dont know why mir of all games is giving my card so much trouble...please help.

Maybe its your new card :bounce:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I know from my machine with ATI 9600 On there (AGP) that Mir3 has black boxes around - Nvidia does not have this problem. You have to go to the advanced settings of the display and change some random options for it to sort of work

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
With nVidia cards, you can write program profiles for each application. Go into the nVidia control pannel and go to Manage 3d settings. Click on the program settings tab then add. point it at the mir exe then play arround with the settings. A bit of advice is to remove any/all anisotropic filtering / antialising and set the texture filtering to high performance.

I know from my machine with ATI 9600 On there (AGP) that Mir3 has black boxes around - Nvidia does not have this problem. You have to go to the advanced settings of the display and change some random options for it to sort of work

My old laptop with a mobility 9600 pro did that, there is a way arround. Go into the catalist control centre then tell it to use quality over performance. sorry I can't give you a more detailed way to do it, no ATI card :S

Last edited:

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
I got rid of the black boxes but its still slow, ill try the advanced settings.....I didnt want ATI but they were saying a 3 week wait to get nvidia in stock.

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
My 96mb intel extreme graphics 2 plays mir at 100fps.

Sems newer 3d cards have masive probs with 2d games.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
My 96mb intel extreme graphics 2 plays mir at 100fps.

Sems newer 3d cards have masive probs with 2d games.

Well if you put an gold medelist in running against an teenager who has never run in his life.

Just a comparison on what you are saying lol. :tongue1: