Mir Problem :S

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ok i couldnt find any other place to post this but... Does anyone know how to change the resolution on my screen because when i run mir it dont take up all the screen it has big black bits at the side, does anyone know how to resolve this.

Thanks you for your time.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
try right click the Mir.exe and click properties then the compatability on the top, then run in screen resilution 640 x 480 and see if that helps??

Last edited:
Reactions: Mezoko

Markp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2008
why 640x480? surely 800x600 would be better?

mapadale

Mir is default to 800x600 and would be like this on full screen mode and guess what, you can't really change it ether.

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
That didnt work, I play a game called CounterStrike:Source and it happened with that but all i did was went into options then widescreen.. and its fun, so is there anywhere i can change it to widescreen? :/

Thanks for all the help

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why would you want too.. It looks like crap stretched on a widescreen monitor. Wise I could get it to play with black bars on the side instead of filling the screen.

Obviously your graphic card settings have changed so you should look into them. Or worse comes to worse uninstall the graphics card and all related applications for it and reinstall should give you default settings then

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Or you could just manually resize the screen yourself with the buttons on the monitor :P But then you'd have to change it back manually as well when you finish playing, which wouldn't actually be much of a problem if you have an Auto Resize button as well.