Mir2 remastered?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Looks like mir2 will get remastered using HD resources in UE4 engine.

unknown.png

Reactions: Chriz

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
Looks like it is named Mir Trilogy and its development is aimed for western and eastern audiences. WeMade collaborating with chinese company?!

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
oooooO! Looks awesome - seeing them three gates that you see on the mir character select screen gave my goosebumps haha

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
- Mir 4 ('Mir mobile' - Mir3 successor)
- Mir M (M2 re-make? Tho also mentions mobile) In UnReal with action-combat.
- Mir W (Mir Sim/Strategy) - That's the image you used.

So not entirely clear from what I read, but seems it's just a mobile game? So not going to get too excited.
It stands to reason that they would only be interested in mobile games, nothing new there. Tho It is possible I read it wrong.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
- Mir 4 (Mir mobile - Mir3 successor)
- Mir W (M2 re-make? tho also mentions mobile) In UnReal with action-combat.
- Mir M (Mir Sim/Strategy)

So not entirely clear from what I read, but seems it's just a mobile games? so not going to be too excited.

I think Mir M is mobile but could be cross platform similar to like Runescape / Albion maybe.

Picture Zedinas posted is off the MirW strat page, looks decent could be fun organising armys of omas or something 😂

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Still never played Runescape :)
Post automatically merged:

A bit more insight.

I would like to introduce you to the recently released "Mir Trilogy".

New development works best when market needs and development are combined. Therefore, the three new works included in 'Mir Trilogy' are being produced based on their individuality.

For the first time, <Mir M> started to show a revolutionary improvement of Mir graphics. It will provide a vast amount of content that has been reborn with high quality graphics while maintaining the sensitivity of the original work.

Second, Mir Legend 4 (Mir 4) is a game that adds vitality to the world of Mir. It is a MMORPG that the user merges into the whole scenario, not blind quests and growth. Current drama PD and film director helped to direct the scenarios and cut scenes.

Third, <Mir W> is a war game ( strategy simulation game) developed by End Lim of Kim Tae-gon Division . With the legendary hero, you can build a powerful military force and enjoy the battle to become the true master of the continent of Mir.

20190803174958_9653.jpg

Do you plan to brand the 'Mir Trilogy' under development?

Internally, that is the best direction.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Unreal Engine 4 is fun however i think the triology focuses on Mir Mobile and maybe a Pc platform for china.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I know they talk about mir 4 mobile quite a lot but the last bit talks about mir triolgy as if its something different and not mobile based unless I am reading it wrong?

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Not sure what to make of it myself as I can't read the damn language haha! But can you imagine the sheer excitement in everyone if there really was another official mir with Europe as an audience in mind?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I went through a dozen press releases/interviews and see nothing that would indicate they are anything more than mobile games. There is plenty of praise in regards to the mobile technology and how it evolved the market, etc.

As for a Europe release, even if by some miracle it is something more than a mobile game, I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean, why would they? You only had Mir before because GN purchased the publishing license. (& GS in NA) I don't see any major western publisher being that interested in a Mir remake.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I went through a dozen press releases/interviews and see nothing that would indicate they are anything more than mobile games. There is plenty of praise in regards to the mobile technology and how it evolved the market, etc.

As for a Europe release, even if by some miracle it is something more than a mobile game, I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean, why would they? You only had Mir before because GN purchased the publishing license. (& GS in NA) I don't see any major western publisher being that interested in a Mir remake.

+ Their loyalties would cost more than the incoming revenue.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
In the online game market where Western fantasy was the center, Mir Legend 2, also known as Mir 2 released in 2001, will be loved by many gamers both at home and abroad. Especially, the legend of Mir, released in China under the name of "传奇", has become a national game of China in a very short time and has been loved by now. ).

Mira's Legend 2 comes back to life in 2019, when he is still the developer and original author of The Legend of Mir 2, and his work, as many remake and follow-up games are being released by Wemade's licensed developers. Mir 4, which is regarded as the aesthetic succession of the line, Mir M, which completely restores the legend 2 of Mir from the legend 2 of Mir, which is the point symbolizing the origin of the beginning, From Mir to W, which reinterprets Mir Legend 2 through expansion into the region, there are three different views on the original, three different worlds, and three miracles that return to three different stories, Is called Mir Trilogy.

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
The Trilogy

Mir 4 is a mobile
MMORPG under development by Wemade Next. 18 years have passed since Mir's legendary game 2, which is the official numbering of Mir's legend, has inherited the core gameplay that has put many gamers to sleep. There is. Mir 4 has been developed with the theme of line and inherited aesthetically, so that the game can be operated as a world that absorbs gamers in one big story, not just the object of play.
----------------------------------------------------
Mir M, developed by Wemade Thermoblood HD, aims to completely restore Mir 2 18 years ago. There is a reason to be loved, and Mir 2 believes that it is still in a competitive gaming system. However, old 2D-based graphics obviously need to be improved. So, Mir M's development process is a series of challenges to complete the paradox, a completely new but not new paradox that requires the restoration of the 2001 game with art and technology from 2019.
----------------------------------------------------
As the world changes over time, Mir wants to make new changes. Mir W, which is developed by Endrim of Kim Tae-gon, a famous Korean war game, is not a MMORPG but a strategic simulation (SLG). Expanding your horizons from people and characters to castles and territories requires a reinterpretation of the game metaphor, which must change everything while maintaining a worldview and chronology. The siege of Mir Legend 2 will be an important motif in the transformation of Mir from this MMORPG to SLG, allowing you to enjoy the story of the wider Mir continent.

Looks like Mir is coming back!

(Edited) Nevermind
The "Legend Trilogy" is a super-large project for the purpose of strengthening and developing the "Legend" brand. It has three new mobile games such as "Legend 4", "Legend M" and "Legend W".

Last edited:
Reactions: Tai and Seanofsmeg

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Looks like Mir is coming back!

Except, is never went anywhere...
Post automatically merged:

(Edited) Nevermind
The "Legend Trilogy" is a super-large project for the purpose of strengthening and developing the "Legend" brand. It has three new mobile games such as "Legend 4", "Legend M" and "Legend W".

Pretty much what I got.

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Looks interesting! But i just cant see this being released in Europe :/

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
aims to completely restore Mir 2 18 years ago. There is a reason to be loved, and Mir 2 believes that it is still in a competitive gaming system. However, old 2D-based graphics obviously need to be improved. So, Mir M's development process is a series of challenges to complete the paradox, a completely new but not new paradox that requires the restoration of the 2001 game with art and technology from 2019.
All that is meaningless if it doesn't specify what the 'improvement' means. Quasi 3D in 2D setting? High resolution maps, mobs and player characters (like that sandy map Chalace showed from the Fables map pack)?

I don't see graphics pushing it into modern times to be a game saver or reviver. Making the game more complex, adding depth to it (like adding some 'elements') just means turning it into a mir3 while calling it mir2...

What would be a desirable change to update mir2 for today's times, to be marketable to a wider player base? IMO that would take more than just a surface change to graphics, the game engine would have to be overhauled to make map graphics movement more smooth, not jerky as it is now. Currently for each player step which is one map tile long, the map underneath also moves by one tile, in a single step, with no intermediate redraw. That's where the biggest improvement lies.

Mob AI could perhaps be improved? And I don't mean just boss AI, but even the rank and file mobs. AI of normal mobs, relatively rudimentary as it is, is what keeps one's interest in the game. Most game time you spend fighting them and the variability of how they move determines your strategy how you handle them.

PvP is also a big part of mir2 but I am not qualified to have an opinion on that.
Returning back to that fancy high res desert sand map from the Fables pack. Most likely that map that was made for mir3 and I don't guess that from the fancy graphics, but from the map borders, where at the map top, the map is edged by cloudy like horizon. That type of map borders is typical for modern 3D maps and IMO is very un-mir2 like. Mir2 means cliffs, sea borders. I dislike even those dense tree foliage borders. When you have cliffs or the shoreline of seacoast, I can imagine exiting continuation of mir world somewhere out there, behind the sea, behind the cliffs. Those are realistic, the 'clouds' are not. You don't imagine throwing a bridge over those clouds leading somewhere, as you can imagine it over the blue sea of mir2. The clouds are telling me, that is the place where game designers don't want me to go. In the same category are those platforms suspended in dreamy cloudy gfx background, give me proper walled in room or sea island or whatever else like that anytime. I don't deny some of those LaLa lands or suspended platforms also strike my fancy but are they mir2 like? Nope, those who really like them went to play mir3 long time ago.