Mir2 World, The New Beginning!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Lol thats the worst town map i have ever seen, I wont be playing this server due to the lack of standards of that map!! /Zen2

I have too agree with you, Zen2. This map does lack quality. You have the basic mapping skills, but lack detail. Maybe find someone with some skill and get them too make one for you, or if failing try to be creative when placing trees, tiles etc.

good luck..

/kizza

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
when u take a screenshot from mapedit the walls always look a little jaggedy

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Yeah, but thats not what we are trying to say. The map lacks detail as in little stones on the floor, or trees which over lap buildings for example. Theres about 3 open spaces which could be filled up.

If you want to keep that layout, but improve the map, you can always send it me. If you want me to PM me your msn.

/kizza

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
tbh if you dont like a server by its ad why not just hit the back button and ignore it? Instead of slagging it off and flaming constantly. Most people do this to just about every server. But what is the point? There isnt one. And also i like the map, it is simple which is good. People be doing what? Sitting there for 5-10 mins max? Before going hunting? Why would it need to take hours just to create just for a homezone to look "Ok" The point is, the map isnt gameplay. Its a simple piece of artwork. There isnt anything to do with how good or bad the server is there. Just see what the game is like on the inside when you actually play it and it actually comes out.

I just find it quite stupid that people just take one look at a server and think its sh*t.

Heres summat guys.

"Don't Judge a book by its cover."

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
tbh if you dont like a server by its ad why not just hit the back button and ignore it? Instead of slagging it off and flaming constantly. Most people do this to just about every server. But what is the point? There isnt one. And also i like the map, it is simple which is good. People be doing what? Sitting there for 5-10 mins max? Before going hunting? Why would it need to take hours just to create just for a homezone to look "Ok" The point is, the map isnt gameplay. Its a simple piece of artwork. There isnt anything to do with how good or bad the server is there. Just see what the game is like on the inside when you actually play it and it actually comes out.

I just find it quite stupid that people just take one look at a server and think its sh*t.

Heres summat guys.

"Don't Judge a book by its cover."

Woah dude..

I was just trying to help Elise improve the server.. Wasn't having a go.. I just said i'd improve it for him/her... Chill out:P

But you have a point about the other people..

/kizza

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
The walls are connected to a building - cover it up with a simple tree
Pond on the left does not match the grass - you cant tell
Rocks outside the back wall do not match the ground - players wont b able to see that part id expect coz its a homezone.
Garden part at the front does not match the ground tiles - easily fixed.

dont see why everyones slating the map. i know you've all seen ALOT worse. infact most ppls maps iv seen are worse than that. its easily playable.

1. Possible yes, fact is its not done.
2. I can
3. If you use an RT, chances are you will see it
4. Easily fixed yes but again, fact is its not done.

I don't know about you but if my map making skills were not up to scratch I'd simply use an existing map.

I'm not trying to be rude by slating the map, I just see it like this, if you can't be bothered to make your Home Zone of all places look at least half decent then I can only imagine the standard of the rest of the server. The home zone is the one thing that is shown in the advertisement after all, adverts are put there to attract people, this map does the opposite for me.

I wasnt meaning you meant like wond ect. Zen2

Please point out where I have stated that I "do not like the server". Its people like you that annoy me, I can't comment on the one thing I think needs improving without idiots like you thinking I'm slating the WHOLE server.

Last edited:

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
By Wond:
I don't know about you but if my map making skills were not up to scratch I'd simply use an existing map.

Well i guess your stuck with BW like every other server that has been released! Boring!

Dont like it dont play. The wall you won't be able to see...The pond isnt a big deal, Neither is anthing else....

My opinion, If its free, Dont complain.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Well i guess your stuck with BW like every other server that has been released! Boring!

Me stuck with BW? How so? Read my post again, I said "IF my map making skills were not up to scratch", Key word there being IF.

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
I have to much work to do my self for every1s fun in the server,

The main part of mir2 is the gameplay bud, not what it looks like, if so nobody will give it a chance when you first see mir2. As some people said its not really that bad. Also that shot was took before the server was made.

I dont wanna cause a big forum rumble guys.

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
now now people no need to argue n scrabble about the map cmon not every1 is perfect at making maps... lol nd every1 shudnt be looking at the map n slaggin it off... (not saying no1 is) but at end of day Wond and Kiz or Kaz r simple stateing that it needs a little improvement not like there saying "delete it do all over agen..." just helping elise to know what they think of improvement and letting him/her have a little peice of there mind.... there is no need for the argueing because when they do start the arguments it starts going off topic n den the thread gets closed.... so keep it clean people and respect other peoples opinions.....

/Cesh :)

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
I respect all opinions, By all means, I advertise here to let people know and not for opinions at this time, Maybe when the server is up.

to let you know I have fixed ground tiles, Fixed RaidEvent so its working to raid 10 and checks how many peeps left :) As soon as people start owning the raids, i will add more waves of mobs.... So you dont get bored of our special and unuiqe system!

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
personaly i think the server sounds aqsome theres nothing wrong with the map and no point denieng you aint dissin the map coz u are and so what if its crap (wich it isnt) as others have said if you dont wanna play FO you dont have to simple ! elise good job on what youve explained n that reallyl ooking forward to playingi t

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
Jay drop me a line the day you learn to spell.

****, you owned me there "mate", but i`ll think you will find Conner,Connar and Connor are all the same name just spelt differently, so not really a spelling mistake.

Poor response really, i would of expected better from you. :eek:

On Subject.

How is the server getting on ?

Last edited:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
****, you owned me there "mate", but i`ll think you will find Conner,Connar and Connor are all the same name just spelt differently.

Poor response really, i would of expected better from you. :eek:

On Subject.

How is the server getting on ?

You honestly don't deserve my full attention.

As for the spelling. Conner is not the correct way to spell my name, therefore you are wrong. So I repeat, drop me a line when you learn to spell.

Well done on the googling of my name though. Glad I'm worth the hassle.

Last edited:

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
You honestly don't deserve my full attention.

As for the spelling. Conner is not the correct way to spell my name, therefore you are wrong. So I repeat, drop me a line when you learn to spell.

Well done on on the googling on my name though. Glad I'm worth the hassle.

Jog on mate, i owned you face it.

I don`t really care how your name is spelt, i mean your Irish and you know what they say about the Irish don`t you (Backwards).

:cray: Child.

Status
Not open for further replies.