Mir3 1.5 Torrent Download

smoochy boys on tour

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
dude... i get tracker down :hm: is it down or no one keeping downloads up?

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
tracker is up 24/7 but downloads speed varies depending on how many seeds r currently online..

DLGenesis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2004
i had tracker down for these torrents too :rantonoff

ended up directdownloadin em from the webby sumwhere

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Silly question really but.......

If you install the mir3 1.4 client then the patch for that, this only leaves a few files to be patched to add in the new stuff. Would it not be easier to have online a Updater (Kaori for example) with only the changed files? Unlike 2.9 clients, it does not require a 500meg patch to get it upto speed, even with 1.4 client only the game is fully playable apart from the new mobs etc which you wont see straight away anyhow.

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
yup thats good for peeps already having a full client..but why bothering downloading an old client which needs to be patched if a fully patched client is available?
btw the latest patches for upgrading a standard 1.4 client to 1.5 is already 155MB again which isnt that easy to host for autopatch unfortunatly

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
true.. not all hosts can afford the bandwidth.

here's my opinion... people should be getting a "full client" that's "widely available"... with a decent speed. then patch it to whatever server they want to play with. I am sure none of the same server will be using the exact same client. I know you all want to add this and add that.

I believe 1.4 is still on some of the official china mirror. I think some links are dead. http://www.mir3.com.cn/down/down_client_mir3.htm

Or someone can repack with an english installer and then gather a few people with a some spare web host bandwidth. I would say at least 3. (some has unlimited bw)

well of course this full client can have new maps and mobs and items. as long as the original stuff is there. it should be okay...

then the patch each server will have... it maybe big... but that's expected... and better than seeing threads about "where can I download a client"

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
main prob is most real new players dont have the slightest clue about the current baseclient/patch systems (just read Olymp forums lol)..so they get mainly lost trying to get a gameclient up n running...thatswhy Olymp offers this fulldownload which includes all the latest additions for JoB while keeping all the original stuff in...
only other solution would be to host a fully updated 1.45 original client (english repack) which is about 1GB in size which leaves the players downloading another patch worth 155mb (which they need to apply correctyl...) cause of this i strongly suggest hosting a fully patched 1.5 client which is about 1.2GB max, playable on any JoB server (even without the new stuff) and only needs the inis/exes for different servers

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
yes I believe richens or who else.. is trying to host something like that.

which is good...

but the problem is... does he have enough bandwidth for "EVERYONE"... maybe it will slow down big time or even go DOWN cuz ISP doesn't like it :P

well there's no such thing has 'unlimited'... there must be trade off... like capped speed. content monitored. leech protection. whatever ISP wants to say.

so the next step is to gather a few web server owners. and do a "mirror site" thingy...

I can personally spare about 1 to a few hundred G if this can happen.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
TritoN said:
yup thats good for peeps already having a full client..but why bothering downloading an old client which needs to be patched if a fully patched client is available?
btw the latest patches for upgrading a standard 1.4 client to 1.5 is already 155MB again which isnt that easy to host for autopatch unfortunatly

If they grabbed and installed 1.4, downloaded a Autopatcher then the burden on the server will slowly go down once people slowly get patched up. I pay $6 of something for 2 GIGS Space and 75 GIG month - thats plenlty of bandwidth for both files and the bandwidth to cope. BitTirrent is fine if a lot are seeding it but once a person grabs the client they generally wont continue to allow uploads.

As Kaori said, her Patcher can go to a few different locations for the files, if we took out of the equation the 1.4 client then the files left over wont keep raping the bandwidth, esp if they are shared around. Most servers using the large maps have roughly the same files anyhow now, Dmon1, Mon1, Mon2, 19 and 20, this covers all the mob in game including new ones.

Maps small anyhow and even with a 1.4 and small patch (to get them going) they can play the game as they wont be high enough level to see the new places anyhow (can you see a level 7 going to Snow Fields??)..

ANyhooo- upto the server host how he / she want to provide a client but at least we only have two types of servers, JOB (Old maps) or 3G (new small maps)... so it aint too bad.