[CD3.55] Mobs won't spawn

Join Discord

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I don't understand why the mob "Oblivion" (or any mobs for that matter) won't spawn on my DQ2 map:

The mob exists in my SQL and works when I @mob Oblivion. I've tried to narrow down the x y range to a single point of 1-5 mobs but that hasn't worked either, I've also tried spawning on a different map. The Multitool spawn editor also doesn't work.

Any ideas please?

Rich

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
You sure that file is definately saved as a .gen and not a .gen.txt ?

Can't see any reason it wouldn't spawn other than that.

Upvote 0

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
It saves as a .gen.txt file but I don't get the option to save it as a .gen file (as you can see in the SS with save as type options). I've also tried zipping the file so it becomes a .gen file but that doesn't work either.

Perhaps the next step is to use a programme that allows me to edit and save in .gen format? Everyone I've asked hasn't had to do this though :(

Upvote 0

xcoolaidx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2009
It saves as a .gen.txt file but I don't get the option to save it as a .gen file (as you can see in the SS with save as type options). I've also tried zipping the file so it becomes a .gen file but that doesn't work either.

Perhaps the next step is to use a programme that allows me to edit and save in .gen format? Everyone I've asked hasn't had to do this though :(
just edit the name and at the end just put .gen and it should save as a gen file

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
In an explorer window:

Tools > Options > View > Untick, Hide Extensions for known filetypes.

This will then show the .txt and you can remove it.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I don't understand why the mob "Oblivion" (or any mobs for that matter) won't spawn on my DQ2 map:

The mob exists in my SQL and works when I @mob Oblivion. I've tried to narrow down the x y range to a single point of 1-5 mobs but that hasn't worked either, I've also tried spawning on a different map. The Multitool spawn editor also doesn't work.

Any ideas please?

Rich
As i said in PMs, have you tried to extract an old .GEN file and then edit it with notepad to see it if works that way?
Then you can just copy & paste empty .GEN files and add mobs to them.

Upvote 0

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
As i said in PMs, have you tried to extract an old .GEN file and then edit it with notepad to see it if works that way?
Then you can just copy & paste empty .GEN files and add mobs to them.

I tried all that :)

In an explorer window:

Tools > Options > View > Untick, Hide Extensions for known filetypes.

This will then show the .txt and you can remove it.

Unticking extensions worked! Thank you Karl.

Issue resolved.

Upvote 0