Join Discord

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Just finished it off, your thoughts ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bug cave ent leads to a edited BugCave 1st, then a KR.

And Palace is a kind of SubBoss, much fun in there :P

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
The straight edges don't really look very good imo, I think you should make the whole island all rough like the bottom left side. Also the bug cave entrance thing looks a little out of place somehow. Almost like the island gives the impression that its entirely flat, but the cave entrance gives the impression of height, which seem to contradict each other. I think you should maybe make the island a little bigger to make the cave entrance look like it fits more naturally.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
Cool. I used to make maps for Unreal Tournament and Quake 3, so as far as mapping goes, I'm generally pretty good with asthetics

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
The straight edges don't really look very good imo, I think you should make the whole island all rough like the bottom left side.

From what i vaguely remember there is no tiles which support this for those angles, especially where the bridge is concerned.

gj on the map though.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
From what i vaguely remember there is no tiles which support this for those angles, especially where the bridge is concerned.
Well if thats the case, fair enough.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

gj on the map though.

Correct to a certain extent.... there is some savage bodge jobs you can do.... involving Trees and some nifty erasing and placing. Look at Mudwall maps on the top edge.. every upwards corner is a bodge. There's also ways to do a left corner bodge.. also i think not 100% there is an additional corner created further down object list. But i could be dreaming :/ maps over took my life.. i have ****ed up dreams!!!!

On topic of the map, its ok.. but its pretty crowded with large objects, and a very small map. You need more space between edges, for example land mass just below the bottom corner of the moat is very small and could ideally being 5-6x larger. As for crowded, you've got 2 large structures, BC and Palace, i would have personally focused on 1 large object with relevant medium sized objects, eg BC to have some cliffs, etc.. to make it look more natrual. At the moment its like having a football pitch in the middle of the Sahara. For small detail though you've done preety well you've actually added quite abit, and ground looks good. Maybe add few living tree's in places.

5/10

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Cheers for the tips Smavid :) Will add some of it in, and try do something with BugCave entrance. Mite just replace with a NPC or something :P

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I like it.

But I don't like the BC Entrance.

I just had a nice little idea for the map if I was to use it. I'd have the Palace as some form of hunting area, with a few floors or some sort and a major boss at the top floor, but I'd also have a basement area.

I'd replace the BC entrance to something more flat, with some stairs leading down. This becomes an underground tunnel into the palace.

This way, it could be interesting if a server had a good user count and for the fights for the boss. Bit like the OKS boss fights on euro, but there are two ways of getting in that you have to defend, rather than one small entrance.

Sounds good in my head, if it would work well or not I'm not sure, lol.