Jul 9, 2010
hey
i have a monster which has its own magics

how to use this magics with the effect of another monster which in my db

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
u need to try and match it with a mob allready in yu db, if its a archer use zumaarcher and change image, etc. But if it has new magics, u will need to code it in.

Upvote 0

PepsiMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010
i mean can i use a certain race(which is already coded) with a monster magic (just use its shape)

Upvote 0

PepsiMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010
i have downloaded anew mob with magic images

i want to use this magic images with aRace which is already coded and i know it(race)

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
what mob.......

but from wot it sounds like.....

u have this new mob that has magics, lets say for example its the ice boss.

u wanna use the ice boss's magic images for another boss thats coded, lets say MTK?

so MTK does the ice magic attack?

basically, no u cant......... but if u wanted to u could replace the magics in the wil so it looks like that magic effect

Upvote 0

PepsiMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010
i think u have done in OS (Turtle Lord) or Tadanga and lots of mobs

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
basically let's see if i can explain you..

if you have a coded mob with magics you can use his settings to animate another mob.. but even if you fix the mon files with the new magics for that mob the server will not read the new magics but play the original ones..

for example..
if you look at the setup of the zombie that can make lightning you will notice that after the frames of it's animation you have it's spell.. if you copy the info which is used in the db for it and make a new mob and set it up just like how the zombie is setted up and instead of the lightning you put a new animation.. you will notice ingame that you will not see the new animation but you will only see the old lightning effect.. this happens because the server reads the skill from the original file..

if you want a new skill you have to replace it.. else you will have to think at something more smart.. for example time ago on the 2.3 i added a mob which hitted with a whip and made it act like a khazard which can pull you agaisnt him with it's tongue..

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It all depends how the mob and its raceimg are coded

for example, 1 mob will look at say frame 80 in that wil for the magics..... meaning u could use this raceimg for a diff mob if the frames r the same.

but other mobs have the frames coded to that wil, for example it'll say get frame80 from mon30.wil....

so this race would always use the magic from frame80 mon30.wil

also tadnaga has a race in TDs, and turtle i cant remmeber wot i did.. thats coded into 4heros files

Upvote 0

PepsiMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010
my question simbly i want to use a coded race and change the race image can i?

and if i can how to determine race image to but in db (how to know its number)?

Upvote 0

PepsiMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2010
sorry for double posting ill use the normal ones :D

Thanx Ben/mStation :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
so you are saying there a mob magics coded not to fixed wils? can you make me any example that i would like to try out one thing?
not sure off top of my head but there are some.. or could just be the new mobs we've personally coded

but theres 2 ways of doin it as i said, u specify what wil to look for the frame, or just tell it to look in the wil of the mob at that frame

probably are all hard coded in im just thinkin of 1s we've done lol

Upvote 0