msn help

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
i am having trouble signing into ne off my msn accounts and i cannot veiw www.msn.com wen ever i sign onto msn i always get this msg screenie off it below and wot it says wen i try to load msn but ever other website works except for msn and msn messager dont work all help be very helpful thebigguy

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Attachments

• msn.jpg
    msn.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 42

LeoCrasher

Are you behind a firewall or router?

Or perhaps you access the internet from over a local network?

/Leo

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
i have got a firewall pc cillin 2003 one also everythign was working fine till i got up this morn and it was doing this and i haven't changed nething if its ne help wot ports does msn messenger need open cos i will check if they been blocked also i dont fun threw a router or ewt i am also on aol dail up thxs alot thebigguy

LeoCrasher

Mine uses 1863... or so it says.

MSN's website should use 81 (normal websites)...

Im sure sum1 will coreect me if im wrong lol..

/Leo

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
i h8 bloody aol if its them hope they get it sorted if it is can i need to check msn and speak to some ppl on msn

bobblyben

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 22, 2003
aol is a poece of crap, so glad we got BB from local ISP. had nothin but troublw with aol

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
i've found out it is aol thats having trouble wit msn atm cos i thought i wud go into interative help place and while i was in q i had this msg up so they better get ti sorted soon i need to get on msn

Welcome to AOL Member Help Interactive. If you are currently experiencing problems access MSN or Hotmail, please note that we are working with Microsoft to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
:P

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Yep, its AOL :mad: i'm a AOL'r and i got the exact same problem! :(

i just cant wait till they install ntl into my area :)
although they r just as bad as AOL, they tell me 2 weeks before they install it into my area, its now gone 2 months :argh:

-Wittin
:chat:

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
i thought they wud have this prob sorted by now if they working wit microsoft and they dont have a clue how long its gonna take and wots up watch this it will be soemthing simple liek a port blocked or aol ip's blocked

thebigguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Blackburn
if ne1 else is having this same prob wit msn on aol type status in the keywords and that will give u info on the problem