My 3rd map attempt [Best So Far]

smoochy boys on tour

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I know its not up to standards of most people.

But ive spent like 4 hours on it still getting use to mapedit.

Marks outa 10 please :D

Cheers

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
3/10

I would be here all day stating things that need correcting ¬_¬ Keep trying though!!

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
3/10

I would be here all day stating things that need correcting ¬_¬ Keep trying though!!

This is a prime example of constructive criticism, say thats it bad, and then say you could state what is wrong with it, followed by not actually doing so.

/sarcasm

I don't see much wrong with it, its not the nicest looking map every but at least it shows you have some skills.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Cutting of the errors so you cannot get to the outter edges would be an idea.
Town layout isn't all that bad. Could do with a little more things inside the town but other than that is not all that bad.

5/10

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Seems like im improving from my first two attempts anyways.

Would like to say Ty for Bon.
NICE COMMENTS! :D

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
hmm tbh mate it look ok but personle

u need to look in titles bit would make it better allso try not to make area look dead in town aka notice u put tree in lol it town rember :P anyway keep it up :P

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Tips :
  • Objects and Tiles should match up, if the house/wall has a sand base, it needs a sand tile around it.
  • Edges, Personally i make the edges of a map first, make sure there is no unintended areas where players can run thru. just because attributes will stop the players moving any further off the map, it doesnt mean leave open areas.
  • there should always be some sort of object preventing the player traveling to the outer edge of the map, best objects which do this are cliffs / dense woods / water.
  • you have repeated the same tile across the map in alot of areas. when applying flooring tiles be sure to use ground tiles, not detail tiles.
  • detail tiles should be used for fine tuning the map in areas around buildings and such.
  • use of the same object too many times. (platform / stairs)

I hope them pointers help, practise is king.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Theres only 3/9 houses which contain the steps :S

But yeah ill take other tips on advice. Ty.
I did intend to naturally add water where the wooded park area thing is on the bottom right of the map. But i couldn't match the tiles up correctly with the sand as there was no correct ones for it, so i decided to fk it and make it into grass instead xD

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Tips :
  • Objects and Tiles should match up, if the house/wall has a sand base, it needs a sand tile around it.
  • Edges, Personally i make the edges of a map first, make sure there is no unintended areas where players can run thru. just because attributes will stop the players moving any further off the map, it doesnt mean leave open areas.
  • there should always be some sort of object preventing the player traveling to the outer edge of the map, best objects which do this are cliffs / dense woods / water.
  • you have repeated the same tile across the map in alot of areas. when applying flooring tiles be sure to use ground tiles, not detail tiles.
  • detail tiles should be used for fine tuning the map in areas around buildings and such.
  • use of the same object too many times. (platform / stairs)

I hope them pointers help, practise is king.

You learnt from the best :brows:

He is right, the man speaks the truth!!!
truth.gif

Who said something about the tree in town? I like trees in towns, they make it alive, not dead, if it was a dead town, you'd put a dead tree.. not a big living ugly one. (ye i don't like ginko tree, its way too big).

Try little gras patches, small/big trees, bushes, rocks etc. Detail is key.