Release my DM2 (mir 2.3 emu) files

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenden

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 3, 2007
im not sure if anyone else has had this error but enterprise manager wont restore lom2_datadb.bak (it had no problem with lom2_chardb.bak though). im not really sure why, but it just refuses, ive downloaded it a couple of times and keep getting the same problem, anyone have any ideas?

suggestestions will be welcomed with open arms.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
hi, im setting the files up and my M2SERVER Says Invalid columm FLD_GuildPoints ive added a new table in LOM2_CHARDB but still getting same error where can i fix this thanks

/ancient

nettim2k

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
well im trying 2 restore my db 2 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\mir2.mdf

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
EDIT: Fixed the last lot of error's

Problem 1. How can i take AUTO RUN off (Right Click run Not D Key) (because it runs through the npc's and guards)
Problem 2. i went to rent a GT. took money then i goto tele there nothing happens (i check gt list no gt list appear's
Problem 3. I create a Guild but when i reboot the server no guilds are there.

anyone help me fix these please

/ancient

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
no1. search for GMRunAll=1 make it GMRunAll=0
no2. you need to make one
no3. not 100% sure

lif

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
help pls:

DBServer/!Setup.txt

so it look like this

[SQL]
UseSQL=True
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=<the password you entered when you setup mssql>
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLType=mssql

problem: cannot locate this file

also get connection closed (probably no suprise to sum of you).. any help please

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
we have for the dbserver

[Reg]
Key=0123456789
ServerAddr=127.0.0.1
ServerPort=60320
[SQL]
SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=

ours is a little diffrent than yours

also for your missing scrips thats not a big deal and it will not stop you connecting to your server, (have you looked to see if u can find them)

hope this helps

lif

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
i;ve created the file above and pasted in your above entry..

really weird i cant find the errors or an incorect IP address
still get connection closed :(

so much for 1 player mir when i get a lunch break at work :*(

zenden

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 3, 2007
where are you restoring them to? two separate tables?

i was attempting to restore them to two seperate databases, i gave up anyway. i figured i should try a 1.9 server first and work my way up :)

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
best thing todo ive took a back seet in making pserver's for a year ive just come back, im finding it hard todo stuff which i could do when i was making them last. but all you need todo. is take your time and read the guide's these guys have put also there problems and how to fix them. but as there mostly in Update.doc and all the npc command's are within the other Doc's

/ancient

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Yea, I have a problem with that too.

There are no errors in any of the server programs, and I have scoured every single text file in all the directories (except the NPC ones :P) for incorrect IP addresses. I haven't even bothered with the "optimum IP Config", simply replacing all the 127.0.0.1 and the 192.168.x.x with my IP address.

I am using the split DB of TD's. Where lom2_chardb is linked to the DBServer and lom2_datadb is linked to the M2Server.

I was having "Gate Connected, Disconnected, Connected" issue with the GameGate before looking through the Update.doc in the RAR provided, applying all the required updates and hence resolving that particular issue.

I am playing on the same PC I am running the server and a mate of mine is trying to access the server from outside the LAN. Both of us can make an account, login, make a character (which appear in the fresh lom2_Chardb: Tbl_CharInfo and Tbl_CharList), press ok... and this is where our problem lies.

After pressing OK once character has been created, the screen goes black (as expected) but there is no GM Notice (the box with the "OK" button before entering the game). I've left in on for over 20 mins, without response. There is nothing in the error logs of any of the servers.

It looks like daneo is having the same problem, does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Turin

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
TD is there a way to increase the Max of DC/SC/MC please?

/ancient

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
you mean 1000 isnt enough? no there's no way, tbh i should lower it to 255 since you'd never need to bother with a server above that

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
help pls i got files runing no errors all ok, but cant connect says connection closed, anyone know how to fix pls

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
help pls i got files runing no errors all ok, but cant connect says connection closed, anyone know how to fix pls

You're probably using the wrong exe. If you updated your files (with the second RAR), then use the exe found in the new version (its 1.61mb as a pose to something like 1.03mb [not exact figures :x]). In other words the new one is a bit larger. I noticed the old one has a large green circle in the top right when you load it, and the newer one has a small grew rectangle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still getting no Notice though. I searched the forum several times and will continue to do so until I find a solution. Things I've tried:

• Check all IP's are x7.x.x.x (my ip address).
  • Apply all updates to the Database found in Update.doc (the five last added chronologically).
  • Check all the directories are correct (as I'm on drive E, I've changed all of them)
  • UnPnP has no effect, disabled or enabled!
  • I use Windows Firewall, and when I ran the exe's the first time, they were "allowed"
  • No errors in any of the gates/server emu's.
  • No Map missing errors.
  • No NPC Errors.
  • Assuming Correct EXE (Using TD's files, so I replaced all the exe's with the ones found in the new RAR and consequently, used the new Mir2.exe found in the files).
  • over and over and over lol

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
edit: managed to get online but when i make a chara it doesnt come up on my screen..
seems chars dont save :S how do i fix this pls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.