My first MIR experience.

Join Discord

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I was told it was a DSS, the one guy sold it for IRL then got stabbed up, karma is a bitch lol.

I remember a guy who used to give me free **** all the time and i wasn't one to complain. We used to text each other quite often about mir and then he rang me while he was in the bath. That quickly ended the friendship lmao
Gotta be somewhat happy smartphones didn't exist and it wasn't a video call

• Carrot
Reactions: PoPcOrN

Equinnox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2017
Still remember the time "MentaL" threatened to hack my 12 year old self. Shat myself so hard. Never misbehaved since then Mr. MentaL.

I promise.

• Haha
Reactions: 1PKRyan

vrinkstay

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 4, 2023
I remember i was around 12-13 and my eldest brother found LOM2 via the TV show, and he let me play his warrior (Willy) from level 7ish, there was 3 of us, so we all shared the char, and eventually my other brother took over the account once it became P2P and i made my own char on P-Server on the same account which was fine until we had 2 computers in the house and the wars began!
whatsapp mod
watch tv series

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2014
I remember i was around 12-13 and my eldest brother found LOM2 via the TV show, and he let me play his warrior (Willy) from level 7ish, there was 3 of us, so we all shared the char, and eventually my other brother took over the account once it became P2P and i made my own char on P-Server on the same account which was fine until we had 2 computers in the house and the wars began!
Remember this fondly. My elder brothers introduced me, I must've been 8-9 years old and was reduced to mining for them. Three of them played, a lvl 42 warrior, a 38 wizard and a 36 tao when they quit. I'd watch them on guildhunts up to ZT KR, they'd have to queue and then our dial-up would disconnect and all of us call it a night.

I didn't have money, or knew what a splash plastic was, so I levelled characters to 21 only to hit the P2P gap and have to restart a new character. I'd be in medium armour, power rings, green bead and spririt sword PKing miners and generally being a shithouse. I used to sell 'amazing' mystery items in town that were actually useless.

Eventually they started paying for my account if I'd give them good drops, that was around the time Past Bichon & PI came into the game. I remember my brother got one of the first thunder rings and was buzzing, sold it for 60m or something and bought a dura 0 para ring and Lionroar. He quickly realised he could pay people online for items and real world traded a dc0-40 luck3 judgement mace.

When the easter/med level caves came in I clicked on one of those little yellow eggs and getting a Baektaglove, I didn't sleep for about 48 hours running around in there.

Not sure when, but I do recall the game quite often being offline, being out of action for days at a time, and then one day it was just done and we all moved onto SSX and need for speed on the Xbox.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Remember this fondly. My elder brothers introduced me, I must've been 8-9 years old and was reduced to mining for them. Three of them played, a lvl 42 warrior, a 38 wizard and a 36 tao when they quit. I'd watch them on guildhunts up to ZT KR, they'd have to queue and then our dial-up would disconnect and all of us call it a night.

I didn't have money, or knew what a splash plastic was, so I levelled characters to 21 only to hit the P2P gap and have to restart a new character. I'd be in medium armour, power rings, green bead and spririt sword PKing miners and generally being a shithouse. I used to sell 'amazing' mystery items in town that were actually useless.

Eventually they started paying for my account if I'd give them good drops, that was around the time Past Bichon & PI came into the game. I remember my brother got one of the first thunder rings and was buzzing, sold it for 60m or something and bought a dura 0 para ring and Lionroar. He quickly realised he could pay people online for items and real world traded a dc0-40 luck3 judgement mace.

When the easter/med level caves came in I clicked on one of those little yellow eggs and getting a Baektaglove, I didn't sleep for about 48 hours running around in there.

Not sure when, but I do recall the game quite often being offline, being out of action for days at a time, and then one day it was just done and we all moved onto SSX and need for speed on the Xbox.
Mate this hit hard, such similar memories of Mir. I remember watching my brother gemming a BlackDragonSlayer that was something like DC5-38 Speed - 0, trying to go for 5-39, smashed it after Mia offered 100m, logged out and said I could have his character ahaha. I was running around in a ZJM for weeks trying to work out how I could make gold to buy a DSS. I was around 9 or 10 at the time I guess

GM Hopeless on Phoenix once stopped me trying to scam people with fake mystery items.

• Haha
Reactions: Martyn

Phade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 14, 2013
One of my fondest memories was playing on the Pheonix server back in the day. A friend of mine was a warrior called SAS and I was called Cooger Tao. We were queuing in WT KR for wooma taurus and I think it was on like a 2hr spawn at the time. Anyway, early hours of the morning we were ready for our boss fight and low and behold he dropped a tele ring. Digital doom the guild and Diablo were msging us wanting to buy and the whole server was talking about it for days in chat BW safe zone. It was quite a buzz.

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
I first started Mir 2 when i was 10 years old, my mother played it, she was Lunar on the Dragon server, and i was Mistyfog on Phoenix, all i did really was hunt chest nut trees and oma warriors.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
One of my fondest memories was playing on the Pheonix server back in the day. A friend of mine was a warrior called SAS and I was called Cooger Tao. We were queuing in WT KR for wooma taurus and I think it was on like a 2hr spawn at the time. Anyway, early hours of the morning we were ready for our boss fight and low and behold he dropped a tele ring. Digital doom the guild and Diablo were msging us wanting to buy and the whole server was talking about it for days in chat BW safe zone. It was quite a buzz.

It's mad to think we all used to be so civilized on Phoenix and queue up, AFK for bosses.

I remember seeing like 20 AFK/Semi afk players outside OKS room all the time actually taking turns to get the boss lol.

The levels of toxicity and hate now are crazy compared to how it used to be, making me feel my age writing this post!

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
It's mad to think we all used to be so civilized on Phoenix and queue up, AFK for bosses.

I remember seeing like 20 AFK/Semi afk players outside OKS room all the time actually taking turns to get the boss lol.

The levels of toxicity and hate now are crazy compared to how it used to be, making me feel my age writing this post!
On D server, OKS had guilds fighting each other outside its room. I think when I was a noob they chased me for crossing their line but I escaped.

In 2006-7, there was a lot of hate for a number of players. It was a dog eat dog World.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
I left dragon server at tao lvl 33 75% and warrior 29 90% Joined a private server and start level 40 any class X10 exp and had lvl 40 quest and 44 quest and had 5 sets for each class

Like wommataurus was the level 40 set etc

Also added a few new caves like LDC bugcave on the lower right that enterd into a new room with 2 evil centipedes

Also when you started you got fully kitted by gm like dss greenbead bih powerrings knight braces

Last edited:

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Does anyone remember the shop bug where the rare medium armours for level 16 were in the shop, worth a couple of mill at the time, i think it happened to heaven armors too? maybe not but there was a rewind, probably 02/03

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
I remember the good old setting for mir server start level 26 great axe bluejade expel rings gold bracelets 😆 exp x3

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I think this would of been P69, never really got into that one after starting up.

Any server that has the legendary DSS as a noob weapon should never be allowed to exist! :ROFLMAO:
Definitely sounds like P69. It was around for long.

Anchorman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2014
My first time on Mir was infact Ragezone! Oh how i miss that server! As many said the EC runs were a blast. I got into Mir from playing Myth Of Soma when i was about 10.

Reactions: MentaL

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I remember selling a DC 42 or 43 DSS to MirGold.com (or something like that) for £550. Bought my first laptop with those funds.

Crazy money, I remember the Chinese guild on euro seemed to have almost an infinite supply of them, SakoPeePee showed me like 6 in trade box and told me that they used to be a shop item when the game first started and she luckily brought loads of them previously, I was too young to even know any different but they definitely had some sort of cheat or dupe exploit.

Still one of the best items in game, even after all these releases years later, the only other one that comes close for me is the KingSlayer from Banshee.

Hopefully @SPL1FF can put a couple of images of it here?