My first MIR experience.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
i keep coming back to this thread in hopes MentaL pulled a complete 180 an annouced a rz comeback haha
At this point in my life it would be really troublesome for whomever works with me. My workflow and requirements would be stringent. The purpose though is to feel "nostalgic" whilst also accounting for modern hardware. The issue I've seen thus far with the current Mir version is everything feels so "small". Nothing is enticing me.

I am flattered to be your only two posts in 12 years.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I'm rather hoping for more dirty secrets :carrot:

I gained moderator access to the official Mir forums via Duckbill (an old well known forum moderator of the Euro peak days). Duckbill would make it known to me that I was a bad person or something similar to that effect. I cannot recall exactly what he did to draw my attention but he made a mistake and from that I was able to access his forum account. I made a global announcement stating "I quit" under Duckbill. He was left red in the face. Once again, young and immature but I was rather aggressive in my approach to defense.

mentalownzu.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Before I made this interface ;

Images15.jpg
000156.JPG

I made this and was going to use it;

weeefinished.jpg
box2.jpg

During I realized it looked like dog **** and then began what became the main login interface of which I was rather proud of.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Is gonna be the next best server coming out soon by sayajin
you get banned for pking his mates or family classed as grief play. great content maker. but defo wont be a server i will be trying

on topic i also have some old rage zone screen shots was during mir revenge may of been few year after coming to think as its 2023 lol madness (laptas server) time i can remember my older brother playing ragezone camping ec i used to camp the ets each morn before school for him lol, i quit early ish tbh on rage zone but rage zone and mir revenge was the 2 servers that got me into mir. bastards! just a shame my old pc in loft and staying up there lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MentaL and Sanjian

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I gained moderator access to the official Mir forums via Duckbill (an old well known forum moderator of the Euro peak days). Duckbill would make it known to me that I was a bad person or something similar to that effect. I cannot recall exactly what he did to draw my attention but he made a mistake and from that I was able to access his forum account. I made a global announcement stating "I quit" under Duckbill. He was left red in the face. Once again, young and immature but I was rather aggressive in my approach to defense.

View attachment 31512

Before I made this interface ;

View attachment 31513
View attachment 31514

I made this and was going to use it;

View attachment 31515
View attachment 31516

During I realized it looked like dog **** and then began what became the main login interface of which I was rather proud of.
officialpreview-bugged.jpg

ugly, isn't it.

Reactions: zivanovic99

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
@MentaL you banned me on the highrate mate cause HellDestroyer your GM gave me access to his account for gold on Euro, then after you banned all my accounts I came on a noob account called "Penis" and attempted to convince you of my innocence. Was great.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
@MentaL you banned me on the highrate mate cause HellDestroyer your GM gave me access to his account for gold on Euro, then after you banned all my accounts I came on a noob account called "Penis" and attempted to convince you of my innocence. Was great.

How far did you get in convincing me? Not too far I hope, lol.

Deny No Way GIF

Story:

We use to have a problematic member called e0n. e0n was Romanian, liked MIR and had a short temper. During the early days (2003) I was unfamiliar with many aspects of black hat foolery and my first true experience with a DDOS attack came at the helm of e0n himself. In any event he felt wronged, had issues with a player or was just in a bad mood, he would overload the bandwidth via good ol' Layer 4 flooding. It was due to his actions I learnt the methods of the game myself. Johnly1 never liked having his connection flooded and had a short fuse and sometimes even without an attack, would shut the server due to L1 not approving of the communities antics.

View attachment 31500

Story:

During the peak of Mir and when we had no host, I would host it in house as much as I could. I lived with my parents at the time and never had much of a relationship with my father but he would cut my telephone line, physically, just to stop using the internet and slowing it down.

When I returned after a hiatus of however long, we had a new host, likely JL1 again but this time despite me not actually doing anything untoward with the internet, would still attempt to shut me and RZ down. The forum was offline for a period of time, including all the hosting as he was covering it. During this dark period the members migrated to a free forum and ran an unofficial RZ to themselves. I could only communicate at times during school due to the terror of my homelife.

Full swing into RZ, gone are the Mir days, I would still have issues with him. Any money I would earn he would want. He once again in my early 20s destroyed my line and all things related. To counter the aggression, I had a dedicated separate line leased to the house in my name, contracted and in the event of any damages, he would be liable for.

I moved out not long after. It is hard to think his jealousy would attempt to destroy my lifes work. People never knew how bad my home life was in the early days. Mir and RZ kept me alive. Ive not had a conversion with him in coming up 20 years.

Story :

The login gate port 7200 if I remember correctly was vulnerable. You could open a port and keep it open and would lock the ability to login to any server. It worked on EuroMir too.

Last edited:
Reactions: zivanovic99

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
How far did you get in convincing me? Not too far I hope, lol.

Story:

During the peak of Mir and when we had no host, I would host it in house as much as I could. I lived with my parents at the time and never had much of a relationship with my father but he would cut my telephone line, physically, just to stop using the internet and slowing it down.

When I returned after a hiatus of however long, we had a new host, likely JL1 again but this time despite me not actually doing anything untoward with the internet, would still attempt to shut me and RZ down. The forum was offline for a period of time, including all the hosting as he was covering it. During this dark period the members migrated to a free forum and ran an unofficial RZ to themselves. I could only communicate at times during school due to the terror of my homelife.

Full swing into RZ, gone are the Mir days, I would still have issues with him. Any money I would earn he would want. He once again in my early 20s destroyed my line and all things related. To counter the aggression, I had a dedicated separate line leased to the house in my name, contracted and in the event of any damages, he would be liable for.

I moved out not long after. It is hard to think his jealousy would attempt to destroy my lifes work. People never knew how bad my home life was in the early days. Mir and RZ kept me alive. Ive not had a conversion with him in coming up 20 years.

Story :

The login gate port 7200 if I remember correctly was vulnerable. You could open a port and keep it open and would lock the ability to login to any server. It worked on EuroMir too.
I remember a port exploit, you could basically dupe items or give them mental stats.
I can't remember it 100%, but you would basically run a server on your local machine, the DBServer (Maybe?) would point to the IP of the live server, create an item using GM Commands - Lets say Wooden Sword dc+255 luck+10
It would then somehow transfer that item over to the live server.

God knows how, but I'm sure I did not makethis up!

• Wow
Reactions: MentaL and zedina

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Wow, a couple of days off LOMCN and I come back to all this to go through.

I think after the past few weeks on here this is what we all needed

Thanks mate!

• Love
Reactions: Jev and MentaL