My first MIR experience.

smoochy boys on tour

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I remember a port exploit, you could basically dupe items or give them mental stats.
I can't remember it 100%, but you would basically run a server on your local machine, the DBServer (Maybe?) would point to the IP of the live server, create an item using GM Commands - Lets say Wooden Sword dc+255 luck+10
It would then somehow transfer that item over to the live server.

God knows how, but I'm sure I did not makethis up!

That is an interesting one. I know there are methods of duplication but I cannot recall knowing any way to do it. If that way worked then that is hilarious and also concerning.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I remember i was around 12-13 and my eldest brother found LOM2 via the TV show, and he let me play his warrior (Willy) from level 7ish, there was 3 of us, so we all shared the char, and eventually my other brother took over the account once it became P2P and i made my own char on P-Server on the same account which was fine until we had 2 computers in the house and the wars began!

Spitting Spiders were bane of my life when i started playing, i recall dying 10 times in row to same spider until my older brother said id never kill it.. 🥺

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I remember i was around 12-13 and my eldest brother found LOM2 via the TV show, and he let me play his warrior (Willy) from level 7ish, there was 3 of us, so we all shared the char, and eventually my other brother took over the account once it became P2P and i made my own char on P-Server on the same account which was fine until we had 2 computers in the house and the wars began!

Spitting Spiders were bane of my life when i started playing, i recall dying 10 times in row to same spider until my older brother said id never kill it.. 🥺

I remember being in town and feeling like a baller at level 15 with my Trident sword and lightning,

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I remember a port exploit, you could basically dupe items or give them mental stats.
I can't remember it 100%, but you would basically run a server on your local machine, the DBServer (Maybe?) would point to the IP of the live server, create an item using GM Commands - Lets say Wooden Sword dc+255 luck+10

Your not making this up, It was a thing lol. Cant remember the detail - but I think your pretty close.. I had a friend with some whacky SSW with stupid stats on it (impossible).. never tried it though, seemed to risky and obvious lol.

The NPC exploits was pretty bad, you could literally milk quest rewards indefinatley, that included: gold, items, benes, exp (level 50 boots quest gave exp pills) etc.. just by recrafting and resending the [@getreward] call - euro mir didnt always have checks on the same NPC actions, doh.

The Challenge room NPC was funny too, you could spawn tonnes of mobs, firewall the room and level quite fast lol. (Flood the [@spawnmobs] packet)

You could also change the cast location of some of the skills through packet editing, for example cast icestorm on the EM body while stood at the enterance. Also in town PK areas, you could cast curse on an area thats off screen for the tao and the skill wouldnt visually appear for anyone, but people would get the affects and randomly get poisioned. funny hahaha

Game was flooded with exploits really :X

Reactions: DOSturbo and MentaL

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Your not making this up, It was a thing lol. Cant remember the detail - but I think your pretty close.. I had a friend with some whacky SSW with stupid stats on it (impossible).. never tried it though, seemed to risky and obvious lol.

The NPC exploits was pretty bad, you could literally milk quest rewards indefinatley, that included: gold, items, benes, exp (level 50 boots quest gave exp pills) etc.. just by recrafting and resending the [@getreward] call - euro mir didnt always have checks on the same NPC actions, doh.

The Challenge room NPC was funny too, you could spawn tonnes of mobs, firewall the room and level quite fast lol. (Flood the [@spawnmobs] packet)

You could also change the cast location of some of the skills through packet editing, for example cast icestorm on the EM body while stood at the enterance. Also in town PK areas, you could cast curse on an area thats off screen for the tao and the skill wouldnt visually appear for anyone, but people would get the affects and randomly get poisioned. funny hahaha

Game was flooded with exploits really :X
Thanks for confirming there was such exploit! lol.
I remember the NPC exploit too, slowly they started fixing their NPC scripts to stop the exploit.. Wouldn't be surprised if they found the fix from one of these forums.

• Haha
Reactions: Chriz

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
I will always remember my friend Steve creating a female character and having an online relationship with a male who lived in states. He helped level his character every night after school and regularly gave him rare items/gold. When he found out Steve was a guy he logged into his account and took all his gold and items.

Steve got bullied heavily in school for his relationship with the American man. He left school due to the abuse. Grooming always has victims.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I will always remember my friend Steve creating a female character and having an online relationship with a male who lived in states. He helped level his character every night after school and regularly gave him rare items/gold. When he found out Steve was a guy he logged into his account and took all his gold and items.

Steve got bullied heavily in school for his relationship with the American man. He left school due to the abuse. Grooming always has victims.

How did you - oops i mean "steve" cope with leaving school

• Haha
Reactions: Slipmatt

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Hundreds, cannot recall a specific number but it was a lot. Although I rather a dedicated few members than hundreds of random gremlins.

=)
Post automatically merged:

Not the first time I've heard of a similar situation, happened on RZ to a friend.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND

This was port 6000. You simply adjusted the port 6k IP to that of the server you wanted to exploit. Providing you had a mirror account/character any changes you made were made on their DB. Back then for the most part everyone had custom item DBs, so it was tricky trying to figure out the item IDs for whatever items you wanted on their server. Certain servers I had Excel docs with their item DBs mapped lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MentaL and Chriz

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Lol I had a GM give me 5 lvlz for picking up his para when he died

32-37

Was on izar

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MentaL and Chriz

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff

Here is the old RZ Mir server forums. You'll need to be signed in to view them as they are hidden for guests as well as members. You can only access it manually via that URL whilst signed in. No specials permissions needed, just be logged in. This won't stay up long.

Cheers.

Update: https://forum.ragezone.com/community/legend-of-mir-discussion-2003.4/?order=post_date&direction=asc

This is the first content created on the vB forums post migration from phpBB in 2002.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
This was port 6000. You simply adjusted the port 6k IP to that of the server you wanted to exploit. Providing you had a mirror account/character any changes you made were made on their DB. Back then for the most part everyone had custom item DBs, so it was tricky trying to figure out the item IDs for whatever items you wanted on their server. Certain servers I had Excel docs with their item DBs mapped lol.
I knew you'd remember...
I remember it being trial and error to get something right. Ended up with Wooden Swords max stats.

DOSturbo

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 2, 2015
Here

your on the right line. when Euro was crashing all the time we knew it was on its last legs. the port is correct. it wasn't the server you crashed it was log gate. So if you timed the bosses correctly full guild got to hang around and we kinda crashed the gate. before it was all dynamic servers each section could be attacked sperate.

I knew you'd remember...
I remember it being trial and error to get something right. Ended up with Wooden Swords max stats.
aw well I knew of a few on the gates after I hosted a few private servers for local friends to play

we just wanted MIR back. then we just played. I'm going to be joining Old skool servers again, I think

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
See, we all contributed to the fall of the game in which we love. Ironic isn't it? It is like a mother smothering her child to death. We live, we learn.

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The dupe trade bug also.
Sabuk wall npc gold exploit
It's all flooding back.

Those 1.4 files were the best but literally full of bugs and exploits.

Reactions: Omnibus