MySQL help please

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
Before people flame and say search for it, i have and i have not found a detailed enough guide for me to work with so here goes,

Ok im useing TD's files got the basic server up and running with MSSQL but i now want to use the updates that he has posted to download..

ok so i've downloaded the updated files

i've then opened the "how to use these files with mysql.doc"

which says ...

"
how to do it:
i added a copy of my db i used to test this (called lom2_chardb)
- first of all install mysql
- next install navicat or another mysql interface tool
- import the lom2_chardb into your mysql server using navicat (or other tool you prefer)
- create a seperate account that only has acces to lom2_chardb (incase you ever accidentaly give out your ini files with the stuff in it)
- next install myodb
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html
- next edit your dbsrc.ini file and make sure it has the correct info in the sql bit
- edit your !setup.txt file and just search for 'sql' and set the usesql to TRUE and change all the info like login, pass, dbname and stuff so it's correct
"

OK

so i've downloaded MySQL comunity edition
i've installed MySQL comunity edition

i've downloaded navicat
i've installed naviat

so im now soposed to import the "lom2_chardb" useing navicat, this is my down fall as i havn't a clue how to do this.

can anyone shed some light or even better give me a msn so we can chat realtime and get the whole process completed faster. thanks

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
okie dokie any instruction for that then an where ? or just bung the stuff where it should be, if so how do i get round this problem ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
read the uppdates.doc bottom to top making any changes, adding any new fields, tables ect to the current sql data

Upvote 0

BlueJeans

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2004
cheers jasper that sorted that problem now iv got this on my M2server

search view range range nil PEnvir ??
All these errors come after it says "Make Stone Mines"

what all that about ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
that problem is being caused by an incorrect field in the db or you have not updated a field in the database, read the updates.doc and do everything in it mate and that problem will go

Upvote 0