Help Need a map editor

smoochy boys on tour

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Hi guys

I have searched the forum for a link for a mapeditor i can use i found old ones but some run some dont but the ones that do run have no tiles the tiles are white why is this and how do i fix it i have tryed it in the data folder and in the client root still nothing

i wanna be able make maps so if someone can send me a link or guide me of some sort that be great

Thanks

Champion

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Ok I'll try that one how do u fix the white pallets what's the problem here?? Do I need objects or something if so where I get them and where do I put them

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:06 PM ----------

appcrash.jpg this is what i get when it loads am sure i have everything for it to work

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
FAQ
Q. Where do i put the map editor.exe
A. In your base client folder

Q. When i try to run the map editor it doesn't load anything
A. Make sure you've compiled it in x64 (32 bit)

Q. When i load a map its just blank
A. Make sure you have the required .NET and DirectX SDK files - provided in a sticky thread near this one.

Other than that I don't know. worked for me 'out of the box'.
- I don't know what you mean by white pallets... If you aren't seeing all the tiles, you have it in the wrong place.
- For objects use Akra's object reslease, just search the forums here.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
o ok what does it mean by compile it in x64(32 bit) and ok its in the root client folder i have tried it in data still nothing yes i mean the tiles are white when i run it with somthing else but when i use the editor you gave me i get an appcrash if you could provide me with a link to what you are saying for the object release that be great as i dont know what i am looking for

thanks

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
o ok what does it mean by compile it in x64(32 bit)
The link provided has a github source, you need to compile it first.
If you havent done that, them I imagine you are using 'another' editor.

i mean the tiles are white when i run it with somthing else
Something else?

but when i use the editor you gave me i get an appcrash if you could provide me with a link to what you are saying for the object release that be great as i dont know what i am looking for
Without or without objects is irrelevant, the crash is unrelated.
However, here they are. https://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?94453-MapEditor-Objects

Most of the map tool in the M2 map section are trash, somehow all the good stuff ended up in the crystal section.

Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Thanks for your help but i am not a clue how to do any of all that no one got an already compiled one i can use ?

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@Chalace

When it comes to map object placements, how do you edit these? (such as the IceTemple torches) where the fire is at the base of the torch?

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
@Chalace

When it comes to map object placements, how do you edit these? (such as the IceTemple torches) where the fire is at the base of the torch?
I can't remember exactly, off the top of my head, depends how the object is built.
- Usually just rebuild it from the tiles and save as an object correctly lined.
- Or, Edit the tiles themselves if they are the issue.

Edit: I remember manually editing some tiles occasionally, just because they were a few pixels off, but I'd imagine noone else is that bothered about such trivial things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
http://www.mirfiles.com/mir2/Maps/Tools/iJamMapEdit.rar

anyone can upload Xiyue /spelling) MapEdit to mirfiles? I prefer that one to iJam's (sorry)

I left mine behind on comp in EU when I went abroad for several months, would be good if the mapedit collection at mirfiles was complete, which without this editor it is not

---------- Post Merged at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:48 AM ----------

the problem there is that the 'pedestal bins' from which the flame is supposed to emanate are placed as front objects and the torch light is also front object, so if you put the flame where its supposed to be, it hides behind the pedestal bowl

you could put it one tile higher than ideal position with the result that it also appears a bit displaced but is a better solution IMO

however iJam's editor seems to be buggy, I can't place objects when I want, it won't display/place objects but once it somehow worked, no idea what I did, then after some finagling the editor collapsed, no biggie, but when I reopened the map, again I couldn't place objects, selected object doesn't appear at the mouse tip (with Place Objects selected), no idea what I did before to make them show up, it just started to work at some point, so I can't fix it even putting the flames above the pedestals

but the problem is really that the pedestal bowls should be placed on middle layer (in which case you could place the flame on top of them as front image) and that placement is 'broken', I don't think it was fixed after I brought it up once - you can only place single tiles on middle layer, objects like this pedestal will look nicely placed in the editor but will be displaced down in game (but that's not the reason why the flames are displaced now, they put them the way they are so they show in front of the pedestal)

if the middle layer placing worked as it should, there would be nothing special about fixing this if you know basic mapedit operations

thinking on it a bit more, I think the torch pedestals could be placed on the middle layer and offset by two tiles up (I think) so in game they would be in the current position... that should be possible for those that are single strip images (not sure now if they all are), however since the editor doesn't work for me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sphortex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2006
Download these and place in your objects folder, delete current ones on your map and replace.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dHPEeCBKS67YBN-bSb4NjdZMWGiPeRcq

ok do these need compiling thought as i have no clue on that front also i have 2 map editors onld shorty version 1.1 and a new mapeditor the new one keeps appcrashing and i dont know why i have reinstalled the Microsoft SDKs and visual C++ 2010 still nothing and i am really annoyed just want to make maps :( also that link you sent have .X as the extention or are they not for me but i am having real issues if they need compiling to make one has no one got a compiled version i can have ? or is it more complicated then that never ever av i had to that before thought ive always just droped the exe in data folder and its worked straight away dont know why i am having this issue

Mapedit 1.1 shorty works but doesnt show tiles tiles are all white

mapedit.jpg

Newest Mapeditor i have this but just does this

appcrash.jpg

Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
last night before going to bed, I worked out fast that it can't be satisfactorily done (even with middle layer working) except by pasting the images of the flames with the pedestal together into one image in some graphics program and importing into the library as new images (all eight of them) and animate the whole thing

you lose the universality where you can put flames onto whatever but is the only clean solution, everything else is dirty (like placing the flame a bit above the pedestal I suggested), even from my point of view, and knowing how picky you are about these things...

discussion in that link, I don't consider that a solution (re-cutting the tiles), just a workaround, because I don't find it 'simple', maybe for you guys who are photoshop and library handling wizards (besides, in that discussion there, I wanted to be able to walk on top of front images, here it is the other way

anyway, the middle layer is not the solution here anyway unless you don't mind putting limits all over the image preventing you from walking over it, I find it amusing seeing how somebody at wemade painted themselves into a corner with this

to LightBringer I can only say, there is a damn good reason why the flames are placed as they are, it is not a broken map or that the flames somehow shifted from their place or someone put them in wrong because he was tired LOL

ideal solution would be to have two 'front' layers, say primary and secondary, with the secondary allowing the placement of images (like this flame) on top of the primary, then you could make a sign on a wooden plank and put it over a city wall gate (saying 'Bichon Wall') or over a building in town (saying 'Butcher') etc and place is as a 'front secondary' image

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
download map edit here
place all the contents inside of client folder

the object.x files I uploaded create a file in your Data folder named Objects
then drop those in there and they'll show on the objects tab on the map editor

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

last night before going to bed, I worked out fast that it can't be satisfactorily done (even with middle layer working) except by pasting the images of the flames with the pedestal together into one image and importing into the library as new images (all eight of them) and animate the whole thing

Just use the flames in ShandaMir2 instead of wemade that's what I uploaded earlier already built for you. I've attempted to fix wemades its easily done just by resizing each image but not necessary when shanda has working versions.

edit
[FONT=&quot]my bad just realised those objects i built wont work with your C# version they are in shandamir2 > Objects13 starting at 6788 just rebuild them all[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
download map edit here

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Just use the flames in ShandaMir2 instead of wemade.

I've seen your post only after I made reply, I downloaded them now and will look at these later, maybe also alter the map for LightBringer if he also can't swing it

thanks a bunch for the orig mapedit, I prefer this one, in menu you put coordinate display on left of other buttons and when you ride mouse from the coords origin past the value 10, it pushes all buttons to the right by the space that the second digit takes, but the main thing that I find awkward is the narrow object view panel with no preview

map pane always visible is nice but I'd rather go with the orig setup and have a keyboard hotkey, say F1, that would toggle the map tab

Last edited:
Upvote 0