need help kinda bad so postin in ere as...

Join Discord

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
postin on this forum cops no1 read it in other past in computer help, and i need help quick lol

a few month back, i had a problem, with my pc startin up, and all i get is a blue screen with a error stating improper shut down.

Well its happend again with this error :

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

this is code
*** STOP: 0x000000ED C0x80EoAD98, 0xC0000032, x00000000, 0x00000000)

last time all i had 2 do was this:

Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

but!

My computer this time wont load up the WinXp disk, and be4 this happend other day it wouldnt just load up a disk when i put it in, i had 2 go to the CD Rom drive :S

Any help how 2 get the disk 2 load up will be appriciated.

REMEMBER i can get onto the computer at all, not even in safe mode, so i cant get onto any files or anythin ><

lam0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME means the volume settings that your computer is trying to boot with are corrupt or ott or something.
Try the fix i said on msn, in the netBIOS set the primary option for booting the CD ROM, if it still doesn't load the Windows XP CD then you have a faulty CD ROM. I suggest you replace it.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
if i hav faulty cd rom, and i replace, i will need 2 install drivers, which i wont b able 2 :P

lam0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
When you first restart your computer during the upgrade to Windows XP or when you start Windows XP, you may receive the following error message, where aaaaaaaa, bbbbbbbb, cccccccc, and dddddddd are hexadecimal numbers that may vary:

STOP 0x000000ED (0xaaaaaaaa,0xbbbbbbbb,0xcccccccc,0xdddddddd) UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions is true:
Your computer uses an Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller, and the following conditions are true:
You use a standard 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
The basic input/output system (BIOS) settings are configured to force the faster UDMA modes.
The file system is damaged and cannot be mounted.

If your computer uses a UDMA hard disk controller, use the following procedures:
Replace the 40-wire cable with an 80-wire UDMA cable.
In the BIOS settings for your computer, load the 'Fail-Safe' default settings, and then reactivate the most frequently used options such as USB Support.

If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps:
Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.
At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.For additional information about how to use the Recovery Console in Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 314058 Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

If this procedure does not work, repeat it and use the fixboot command in step 5 instead of the chkdsk /r command.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
i let it stay here for now, can other mods do the same, since its just a quick q and a and can be locked as soon as its done. Sky pm on here, on msn or on Oblivion, as soon as ur done!

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
lol kk, ill have to move to comp help section m8, or ill get shouted at by the bigger people. ill make sure redirect stays, and ive had this b4 so ill c what i can do to help!

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
i had a prob like this b4 except mine was cos of faulty grphics card so i replaced and now is fine.

/to atom
RAR Y U LEAVE HERE U BEING SHOUTED BY BIGGER PEOPLE RAR GRRRRGSAD lol.