Need some help please

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Hiya,

Does anyone have a spare PC that’s connected to the internet? :)

Please let me know if you'd be interested in helping.

Thanks.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
My Pcs always on n connected to the internet but it depends what ya wana do cuz if its usmin that uses alot of ram or cpu then i cba :P

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol ill have a spare free pc connected to the internet please :) whats it needed for lol.

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Thanks for the offers.

Basically I need a server to host the server files on. I can only test so much on a LAN. It would not be a public server for everyone to play on.

I would need to be able to remotely access the server at any time, so I could update any files, and since I don’t get much time to work on them, this could be at any time during the day/night.

I would also need a very trustworthy person, for obvious reasons.

Would also be nice if the person was interested in helping, e.g. bug finding, sorting out NPC scripts etc... But that is not 100% necessary.

Let me know what you’d like in return for hosting the server.

Thanks.

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
trustworthy person on LOMCN? you gotta be kidding lol

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
YKW, seriously no!

As soon as you send the files they will either be swiped, or copied and passed of as their own.

After the amount of investment you have put in, in regards to time and effort, investing a small bit of cash for a dedicated server isnt as costly as it would be sending to someone on here.

Just my Two Penneth, but if people are honest they will agree.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
you cud just add sumin so its locked to that one ip/password to run the game server or sumin so only you can start it, thats what ive done to mine n adms

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
If the server can be set up to connect on different ports (7000, 7100, 7200) and not many would connect (by many i mean like 10 max =p), then sure.

Wether i'm trustworthy or not, thats for you to decide :).

[LeeCuz]

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2005
Hampshire, UK
You wouldnt find that type of person on here. As i doubt you have neccessary funds towards getting a dedicated server for this. id help you with costs i,e ill split it with u 50/50 if i can use half the dedi for a CS Server ^_^ which wudnt use much CPU or memory.
Msn me [email protected] if u want this option.
P.S. I wudnt request access to the dedi as to allow you full discretion on the privicy of [your files. Therefore. I cannot Steal them

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
I would have no intention of stealing your files.. but I can't promise you i'll help you with bug testing.. I have my own projects to do but the server has vnc so you have access easly.. you could get outsiders to help with bug tests if need be.

Also for those who say people will steal them, hes asking for bug testing.. I can bet that he still has some problems why would people run his files over 1.9.?

YKW isn't stupid.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
YouKnowWho said:
Thanks for the offers.

Basically I need a server to host the server files on. I can only test so much on a LAN. It would not be a public server for everyone to play on.

I would need to be able to remotely access the server at any time, so I could update any files, and since I don’t get much time to work on them, this could be at any time during the day/night.

I would also need a very trustworthy person, for obvious reasons.

Would also be nice if the person was interested in helping, e.g. bug finding, sorting out NPC scripts etc... But that is not 100% necessary.

Let me know what you’d like in return for hosting the server.

Thanks.

My brothers server is hosted in a DC and we've known the host years I'm pritty sure I could get another PC there for you You'd have 24/7 RDC (Remote desktop connection) to the PC and if you somehow manage to crash the PC the support there will reboot it quickly
Would of course be free and in return well dont really need anything i'd just have fun testing

I can of course say im trustworthy lol(Being an admin should help) anyone can say that But im sure there's alot of people here who could confirm it.

Anyway if your intrested send us a PM

Btw didnt uniTY used to host for you?

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Well id help out if need got a pc here i dont really use no more, ive moved to my uncles so this pc at home isnt really needed at all. allways on connected to the internet.

But like others have said be carefull most people would steal your files etc.

-TheBoss

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
do what dw said and put a lock on the files or sumthing, loads of ppl wld jump at the chance of stealing your files.

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
I have a spare pc connected that is not used for anything at all at the moment, It's always on and just wasting electric at the moment, You can have full access to it if you want.

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Farphit said:
do what dw said and put a lock on the files or sumthing, loads of ppl wld jump at the chance of stealing your files.

Nah I think the majority are just interested...

like myself I would love to see how he programmed it but thats just my view i'm sure others want to actually play it.

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Thank you very much for all of your offers.

Will let you know, thanks again.