Need some opinions...

Join Discord

If you could only choose 1 attribute for a server to have - which would it be?

• Lagless

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Balanced gameplay

• Loads of new stuff

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Matched stuff to WeMade's server.

• Total voters

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I perfer servers that use new stuff Better if its done themselves Like places u aint seen is the offical games or new items etc

I hate servers that just try to be offical If i wanted offical i'd play it lol I like new stuff and lots of it

Sum

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 29, 2003
England, London
personally i'd go for a server that has new stuff. But by new stuff i mean mobs, locations items etc etc. Because servers get boring then with out them. But then again the server has to be balanced otherwise eh :mer:

Last edited:

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
It seems me and Moderth have completely oppisite likings over a server, I cant stand servers with loads of new stuff, makes it so crap lol, my favourite server would be like real mir but higher exp and higher item drops. Anyways, I chose balanced gameplay but i spose lagless would be cool.

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Whats the point in new stuff when its too laggy to appreciate it?

Hawky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2003
Hmmm I don't see why any server should be laggy!! If you don't have a system that can run the server without lag, then don't run the server cos no one will continue to play!!

No reason why a server can't be lagless if your system (and connection) is up to the job!

Tasha

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Matched stuff to WeMade's server. cas then getting the right client for all would be easy and save lots of hasstle with hum's and items ect.. has needed to be done for long time

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol yea its abit boring if its laggy even if the server is brilliant, there's no point in trying to play if when you try kill something you die from lagg :P

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Hawky said:
Hmmm I don't see why any server should be laggy!! If you don't have a system that can run the server without lag, then don't run the server cos no one will continue to play!!

No reason why a server can't be lagless if your system (and connection) is up to the job!

Almost all of Lomcn's BB users have a 256kb upload limit.

This makes having more than 50 players on Ei extremely laggy for all.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Balanced gameplay... Its the only thing the probably kept the WEMADE customers there. It ruins alot of servers, for 1 class to have a massive advantage over another. Super items also get on my nerves, the idea behind the game is for a challenge and to die sometimes.

Lagless... would be nice.
Loads of new stuff... is always welcome, as long as it is balanced.
Matched stuff to WeMade's server... In what sense? If it was possible to add all the functionality of WeMade's server then 'Hell who wouldnt play it'. on the other hand, i dont see this as being realistic (feel free to prove me wrong).

Community... although this wasnt included into the poll a decent community is something which would be great - a nice large community, which is organised, where there will be fellow n00bs to level with when you are a low level, and there would be great guild warsfor sabuk wall (probably not realistic either)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Wittin said:
Balanced gameplay... Its the only thing the probably kept the WEMADE customers there. It ruins alot of servers, for 1 class to have a massive advantage over another. Super items also get on my nerves, the idea behind the game is for a challenge and to die sometimes.

Lagless... would be nice.
Loads of new stuff... is always welcome, as long as it is balanced.
Matched stuff to WeMade's server... In what sense? If it was possible to add all the functionality of WeMade's server then 'Hell who wouldnt play it'. on the other hand, i dont see this as being realistic (feel free to prove me wrong).

Community... although this wasnt included into the poll a decent community is something which would be great - a nice large community, which is organised, where there will be fellow n00bs to level with when you are a low level, and there would be great guild warsfor sabuk wall (probably not realistic either)

Community wasn't included because server owners cannot seriously control it.

Matched stuff basically means a server which attempts to match wemade's for stats, etc

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Community wasn't included because server owners cannot seriously control it.

Matched stuff basically means a server which attempts to match wemade's for stats, etc
and EXP? if just stat wise, then surely that kinda falls in with balanced gameplay. if the EXP is the same, i feel it would be a little slow on leveling.

Gamedude

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 23, 2003
new stuff, but make sure it aint much better / a lot worse for it's lvl

mysticswarrior

SpikeServer Mod
Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2003
I picked lagless... if a server is so laggy it takes 5 minutes to take a step none of the other factors have any effect.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Cant see us getting close to Wemade efforts myself - they have added i think rain/fog to maps, have a lot more magic and so forth. Its a pity that there is actually too many servers about as people no matter what skill set try and run a server - so you have some good, some downright crap - the community is split up between way too many servers as is the development. Pity we could not work out a plan to have many servers but one connection if you see what i mean.