New Computer

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Well my computer has messed up ( Being Polite :P ) and i need a replacement to work on the Mir2: Heroes source and play GunZ and PKR :) i not sure what to get.

To fix my computer it is going to cost me £120 + so cheaper to buy a new 1 as it was an old Celeron D 1 gig thing.

there is a refurbished computer on pc-world for £300:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-imedia-a3622-uk-refurbished-desktop-pc-06200185-pdt.html

Will this be any good?

I don't really want to spend any more than this really, but i might go a lil more if the price is right for what im buying.

But im not sure on the if this will be suitable with Delphi as it don't have 64bit compiler support, do 32bit programs work on these? so just need a computer guru's assistance please.

Or if you can find a decent 1 for me that would be good.

Thanks for any help on this.

Last edited:

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Shady:

I not got time to build 1 my self i will be doing this in the future though.
At the moment i just need to get a cheapish computer to work on Heroes Source and play a few games.

Skyline:

Not bad for an extra £50, is the Quad Core not better than the i3 though? had a read earlier the posts i seen pretty much said get i5 or i7 or don't bother.

Thanks for reply's.

EDIT: Just seen this 'Dual core and Quad core processors will run x32 and x64 windows' is this information right? really important about this point, would i need to install a 32bit O/S?

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Erm, I'm not sure about processors these days tbf. But I would also stay away from refurbished PC's...

You should be fine with either 64bit or 32bit... But maybe someone else can cllarify

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Yeah im not 100% sure either only ever owned the 1 computer since 2006 :)

Im 90% sure this is ok from what ive been reading it supports 32x and 64x just the memory capacity is the difference which we all know off.

Refurbished PC's ain't as bad as they sound are they? lol it has 12 months warranty aswell so not to bad i suppose.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I just wouldn't buy one as you don't know exactly why it's refurbished.

I like to know all my parts are new and not faulty!

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Yeah i do aswell Skyline but i not got time to be picky, i need a computer quick hehe :)

Cheers Shady, unsure about this i3 still though don't know nothing about it.

I was looking at these on ebay 'Packard Bell iXtreme X5620 2 Intel Quad Core Desktop PC' what you think?

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
No operating system on that though, so you might want to get an XP/Win7 disk sorted now!