New Job server 90% done up soon

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Everything working now except magical gate

Weather working (Fog,Rain,Snow)
snowball event
old ei maps
new spells
items
shurkien in game (throwing stars)
wepon leveling
full SW working
All updates just like chinese have and all the other goodies)
99% translated

**EXP will be about 2-3 xs maybe more**
NAME:Commingsoon
IP:commingsoon

Server will have 2-3xs normal exp

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Yeah but if it is 8-10x exp the server won't last long. Imo 2-3x exp is perfect for an EI server.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
1x seems fine for me, i can reach lvl 25 in 5 days.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
But some people don't want to invest so much time in a server as some other people. I think I speak on behalf of most people but we want things quicker than that. Higher exp would be better for these files too, the higher levels can go to new places and explore, find bugs with mobs and items etc. :)

EDIT : LordLucas, do you have a E.T.A for this server?

Last edited:

X-SSJ4

LOMCN n00bie
May 2, 2003
hi i was wondering if the owner of the server can make an install file with all the neccessary data/map/sound files so that it can overwrite the euro mir files so that we can get ingame with the euro mir client instead of having to download the 1.2gb file. (reason being i downloaded the 1.2gb and it was corrupt and i cant be bothered downloading again)
if you do put the nec files in and install file then it will be small and will prolly attract more players cos they wont have to download the 1.2gb file.

Last edited:

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
I don't wana make promises when it will be done but soon its 90% done just fixing up a few lil bugs and stuff.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Okies mate. Well my MSN is [email protected]. I would like it if you would add me so I can help if need be and just generally chat about the server :)

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
We are having problems now...Might have to restart with the files...

Scythe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2004
whats the probs? someone might be able to help if you say... + a download to the files would be useful, i have the euro mir client with the older maps but i expect ill need the older object files aswell and trying to find a version of the old client that isnt corrupt is impossible. Cheers,
Scythe

MrsIce

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 29, 2004
Nightwolf said:
lol adertising the server and now you need a host thought host comes first :P
thats what i thought why make a server which can take months if good anothe and not have a host :S..

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Im confused, surely when you sat down with the said files (v3 or 2.9) you had enough power to run the server and also a broadband connection? Have you got like a P300 with 64mb ram and a 56 modem so unable to host - or - maybe you have one pc in the whole house???

Answer me this question about hosts.... So a person would happily give up a powerfull PC running lets say 3 gig cpu and 1 gig ram plus there Boradband connection fo it to sit 24/7 on humming away while they run your Server files? What do they get in return? A GM spot on the said server? Another thing, does that person also then have to give you like total control over that PC so you can change the files? What would stop somebody saying Ill host, grabbing the files and then making there own server?

I say if you cannot host it yourself, then why go to all the trouble of making a server, as said you could be waiting a long time for somebody to offer this service... but then again I could be totoaly wrong - i know i would not "Host" somebody server while rendering my connection uselss as anything I do on it would make it lag like Euromir :)

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
serverman said:
end of the day who cares m8 aslong as its up =]

I personally dont give a hoot - but i guess he will be waiting for some time for a host - so dont go holding you breath -- lol

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Demonic said:
I personally dont give a hoot - but i guess he will be waiting for some time for a host - so dont go holding you breath -- lol

Guess you gotta get lucky with hosts

My brothers server host runs his own hosting company and has hosted the server on a spare pc for a long time now

Status
Not open for further replies.