New Mir trailer

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Nice, never seen it. Looks awesome! but can never find much info on it about anything or west release

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
does look cool, seems odd its by wemade and they released the rights to mir to YGOnline about a year ago though.

Also says "mobile mmorpg" at the end, so possibly not a pc release?

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
Playing this on a mobile would be pretty insane. I'm guessing you don't have that much control though.

The Legend of Mir is considered as a legendary series in South Korea and China, and Chinese games publisher Shanda got its big start with the game many years ago. The PC MMORPG is still churning insane cash despite dated graphics. Developed and owned by Korean studio WeMade Entertainment, the 2 companies are actually in a legal tussle over the IP rights for The Legend of Mir in China.

The legal case did not stop WeMade Entertainment from showing up at ChinaJoy 2016, almost equivalent to giving Shanda the 2 middle fingers. Simply named “Legend of Mir”, this mobile game is crafted using Unreal Engine 4, with the part of the game text already translated into Chinese. There is no word who the publisher is, but I am willing to bet Shanda would be the last name on the list.

This made me lol.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Looks awesome, me personally dont like the camera angle. Alot of mmo are going that angle shame

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I think it rather would depend on some eu gaming co. showing interest of bringing the game to market here rather then some Asian company striking it here.
USA gamepot mir was I think closest direct involvement of Asians with gaming scene out in the West and even then I think staff was American, only the financing and directives were coming from out East.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I think it rather would depend on some eu gaming co. showing interest of bringing the game to market here rather then some Asian company striking it here.
USA gamepot mir was I think closest direct involvement of Asians with gaming scene out in the West and even then I think staff was American, only the financing and directives were coming from out East.

so you say if some one comes with money ( alot ) can bring mir3 again?

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:14 PM ----------

thats nearly impossible as nobody can put milions on the table

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Not sure its just about money although money deal would be important. To deal with Koreans and generally Asians, you got to respect, observe their culture, which GN didn't seem able to do, also they had disputes about royalties.

As to Gamepot, I am not sure if I mistake that with another announced intention of Wemade to host mir 2 or 3 or both here in the West directly which in the end didn't materialize. But Gamepot was definitely just US staff for Wemade office

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I so wish this would come out here ha.

In fairness with talent we have on these forums we could probably make something similar, with a little bit of coordination.

Also, never understood how the hell can you play a MMORPG on a mobile phone... It must be very basic...