new problem for noob

jane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 28, 2003
Great Britain
ok server up and running i edited my files so i can host over the net....anyway my m8s can get on now BUT i cant lol......i have a router running and i edited my ini files in my client i tryed my ip my lan ip and my machine ip through router but still cant get on?? any help plz

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Its likely a router problem. Whats the make&model of the router? Your specifically wanting Loopback functionality.

Are you trying to get on from the server itself, or another machine on your network?

/Leo

Upvote 0

jane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 28, 2003
Great Britain
im tryin to get on game from same pc im hosting it at, my router is a BelkinC7258C.....basicly i could get on then i read thread about hosting over then net so did that so a friend could get on but now i cant??

p.s. i get to login just gates dont open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i know my belkin router doesnt allow port forwarding, not sure if its the same with yours.

Upvote 0

jane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 28, 2003
Great Britain
yea mine does and i have opened ports 7000,7100,7200.......but i can log in as far as the gates so i dont think its a port problem but hey im a noob to this:)

Upvote 0

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Yea I understand Jane.

Ignore farrill, he hasn't read/understood the top post. The problem is your router doesn't support loopback by the sounds of it - and thus far I've not been able to setup the 1.9 files to accept two different IP origins.

Its supposed to go like this;
1. You open port at DESTIP and send loginInfo
2. SERVER replies and tells you which IP/Port to connect to next
3. CLIENT does as instructed.

However with you, the server will be instructing your client to connect to the internet IP - which your router won't allow (telnet to INTERNETIP 7100 to see).

The best solution would be to get a better router. I know for sure Netgears have no problem with loopback. A cheaper solution would be to add me to MSN, and I will guide you through the usage of one of my more mischievous applications :/.

/Leo

Upvote 0