Other New to server creation.

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Hi guys, I want to get back into making a long-term server after a loooooong break of not so much as looking at a mir file.
(before you ask i have searched the forum for a long time now and its just so choca block of old files and new files with no real explanation of which files contain what and how stable they are in the long run).

Can anyone point me in the right direction of:

1. Which files are the most current and flexible
2. Where i can get said files
3. Any guides that can help me set up the files (i have a good idea of what i want to do and how to do it but general guides will be helpful still)

Thanks for any help you guys can provide in advance.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
heres a list for you.

Heroes = Read to play has some major bugs from what i'm told, (Open Source) latest server's using these files won't be willing to release there work.
Ruby = Rather complicated to setup, You need to read the setup guide to the letter. (Closed Source) Goodluck on Updates
2.3 = Basic Mir2 files around.
C# Straight forward. would be advantage if your willing to code but these files are being worked on by Far and Eli which release there work (PLEASE NOTE THE BIG SERVERS LIKE APOC AND GALAXY HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED YET SO THEY PROBABLY HAVE MORE FEATURES THEN THE ORIGINAL SET.)

Upvote 0

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
what would be your recommendation for a long term server?, also could you possibly link me a referral to the files? thanks for the reply man

Upvote 0