New to WOW

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Well im new to world of warcraft but ive been looking at this game for a long time and i seem to like it enough to try it out. But i was curious to know if anyone of you knew a way to play it on a good unofficial european server for free?

am i asking too much?

thanks

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
me and a m8 r currently setting up a server

we have no idea on a estemated release date but hopefully server should be up in the next couple of weeks.

the client can be downloaded for www.isohunt.com and patch 1.3.0 is required to play.

i will post when we have some more info.

the server will be hosted in canada but i have no lag or connection problems from the uk

Last edited:

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
mStation said:
do you know any online server atm to test it out for a bit?

and also any of you know RYL? is it quite similar to WOW?
i played RYL i dont think its the same WOW graphic are much beter + ryl dosnt have horses /wolf/hawks/what els i dont know cuz i didnt play it yet :P

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
you have a choice, play a ****ty old private server and be happy for about 1month or play the real thing which gets updated alot and be happy for as long as you want.

you wont be able to play a private server then play euro, it wouldnt be the same, and you would get bored of official easily.

Telasero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2005
yeah my private server is version 1.4.0 with 130+ players dont think theres level caps :P

http://www.tiiiightserver.cjb.net/Plus have an autoupdater for the server which updates its self to the officals standerd every month...

Telasero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2005
wtf-this-time said:
Or, get all the benefits in one:

A regularly updated game,
No lag on the servers.
No monthly subscription.

Buy GuildWars - £24.99 www.gameplay.co.uk

/Rick-e

Aint played GuildWars yet, it any good?

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
i heared about it alot if its free ill try if not then to hell with it

EDIT : saw a vid looks nice :bounce:

Last edited:

Orphen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2005
England, UK.
The private servers are nothing like the official. Theres no point in playing a server with 100+ players as you won't meet anyone. The world is immensely huge!

The official servers have well over 1000+ players and full scale wars are held against the other factions town. Also, try running a hunt into Ironforge's instance, Molten Core with only 20 levels 60s. =) Your not going to get anywhere. You need around 40 level 60s with good formation and role, using healers etc.

So don't be cheap, go buy the game.

By the way, Guild Wars sucks. Why do you think the creators were kicked off the Blizzard Team? =P