News?

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
Im a bit fed up , people are flooding the other forums so I/other people cant get the news , if anyone who can go on www.mir3europe.com/forum and get the latest news please post them.(There was a good website where it would update the info but now he went somewhere).I looked on other posts on this forum and its a bid fked up.

The News So far ...

Operation Open Beta

9:30am – The login servers are currently being taken offline for patching.

10:00am – Client is currently being compiled as we speak.

10:30am – Client has finished compiling and is being updated to the Cardiff data centre. It will then be put into closed testing.

10:37am – Login gates are now up and we are testing them thoroughly.

11:00am – The games servers are now online and are in test mode. A series of tests such as database wipes will be performed shortly. Once these tests have been carried out we will be very close to opening the servers.

11:05am – Just a small update to confirm that account registration if all goes to plan will be up before the game servers allowing you to make an account before hand.

11:30am – Tests are still on going and we have identified a few problems. The Korean developers are now online and are busy creating a patch for us. The website is coming along nicely and should be online sometime today to accompany the game.

12:00pm – Tests are still being carried out on the games servers. As you can appreciate we are having to make sure that the games servers are secure. Website is still being dealt with in the background along with the final touches to the account registration system. As of this moment I cannot give a definite time of release, it all depends on how long the tests take and what things the tests pick up.

12:30pm – The account registration process is now being tested and as soon as it has completed the email tests it will be able to be brought online for you to register accounts. The game server’s tests are almost complete and once the account registration is online the final tests will be done to the database, it’s coming along nicely.

1:00pm – Testing of the account registration process is still underway but we have encountered a few tiny bugs that we would like to be fixed before hand. We can go live at this very moment in time, but it would mean patching later on today. We would prefer to avoid this and patch before we go live. But what ever happens, Mir 3 Europe will have it’s beta doors opened today for everyone.

1:30pm – With regards to the account registration process, this is still being tested from all areas possible. The forums are almost online and are in the final stages of completion. Patch is still being created by the Koreans and we are still waiting for it, as soon as we receive this we can crack on.

2:00pm – The servers have just gone down for a reboot so we can apply the patch from Korea. Account registration form is very close to completion and hopefully we are not far away from the launch of open beta. I can also confirm that there will be one world (server) and its name will be Ignis.

2:30pm – Just had a brand new spanking client sent through from Korea which is being downloaded / installed / setup as we speak. Forums are having their finally tweaks performed, website like has been announced will be up sometime today also. No news regarding account registration as the techies are quietly typing away furiously getting the last of the bugs out of it.

2:45pm - News just in - There will soon be a file on the auto patcher that you will have to download, it will be around 8mb in size and should be picked up automatically by the auto patcher. For those whose auto patcher isn't working, please be patient and have a read of sacreds thread, it should get your auto patcher worker

3:15 - The games servers have been patched and all tests have been successful. We are now doing the final set of testing. The forums are getting their final tweaks and overall things are progressing nicely. As for the auto patch and the files you will need, can you please bare with me while I wait for the instruction / protocols, as soon as I receive these I will let you all know, this should then put an end to your autopatch problems and queries.

4:22pm - An error has occured and we are awaiting a fix. As soon as we recieve the fix and have an estimate on the time of launch we will let you know.

5:45pm - Final tests are now underway and the servers are looking to be brought online very shortly. As soon as I manage to chase down some techies I will interrogate them for some more info, but from the sounds of things hopefully it should not be to long. Apologies for the delay but a bug that was found could not be left and there for required a bug fix. Account registration is coming along very nicely and once the final tests of the servers are completed the final tests for the account creation can be then tested. If all goes to plan then this should be up shortly before the games servers allowing you time to create an account.

6:15pm – All final tests on the games servers are now completed and the Cardiff data centre is now about to come online. The account registration servers are currently being put through their paces and should be only fairly shortly along with the account registration form. Once the account registration form is online the servers will be open to the public around thirty minutes later. Watch this space…

7:00pm – The games servers are currently sitting patiently waiting for the first set of players to log onto them and christen them. The main focus right now is on the account registration form. The final bits of tweaking are now being made to the form to make it useable and bug free, as soon as this is done some account will be created to test it all, and providing that goes well the account registration form will then be made public. Like it was mentioned in the previous update, once the account registration form is public, the game servers will be made open to everyone approximately thirty minutes later.

7:39pm - The Cardiff data centre is now fully operational and has been tested and given the green light. The databases are working correctly and have been given the green light. The registration form has been tested and is now 95% complete. Accounts are being made as we speak to do one last test. You should have access to the game in around an hours time.

8:30pm - The games servers are now fully operational and we are completely happy with the servers current state. There will be some stress testing needed but we need you lot for that, so that will happen once the games gates open. The final stages are being placed into the account registration system and should be ready to go within an hour.

9:10pm - Accounts are now being created for the closed beta testers (to reserve their character names.) As soon as these have finished creating we will be able to give you a more concrete time scale, although once they have been created it should not be to long at all.)

9:45pm - "We can taste it."

9:58pm - 12 more accounts to be made and then the games login servers will be opened along with the account registration.

11:12pm - Login gates are now open expect the account creation form soon

Last edited:

vince

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2004
looks like the website will be up soon, i just tried mir3europe.com and got a test page fir apache web server, not to mention the forum stopd workin for me, up soon me thinks

vince

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2004
>_> nevermind its back up now, nothign changed

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
LATEST NEWS!!!

6:15pm – All final tests on the games servers are now completed and the Cardiff data centre is now about to come online. The account registration servers are currently being put through their paces and should be only fairly shortly along with the account registration form. Once the account registration form is online the servers will be open to the public around thirty minutes later. Watch this space…

7:00pm – The games servers are currently sitting patiently waiting for the first set of players to log onto them and christen them. The main focus right now is on the account registration form. The final bits of tweaking are now being made to the form to make it useable and bug free, as soon as this is done some account will be created to test it all, and providing that goes well the account registration form will then be made public. Like it was mentioned in the previous update, once the account registration form is public, the game servers will be made open to everyone approximately thirty minutes later.

7:30pm - The Cardiff data centre is now fully operational and has been tested and given the green light. The databases are working correctly and have been given the green light. The registration form has been tested and is now 95% complete. Accounts are being made as we speak to do one last test. You should have access to the game in around an hours time.
What anoy`s me the most is that they keep saying the server will run in the next 30min then post again saing it will run in 30min and so on and so forth.

DeadlyEagle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
BountieHunter said:
Comes you play korean server?lol must be hard not understanding
well used the english client, I dont understand quests etc, but I can understand things like DC, buy, sell etc and I wasnt alone there were some other people from europe aswell there :)

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
OMG the ****ing QGO retards have done it again ... 1 HOUR AND IT SHOULD BE READY

8:30pm - The games servers are now fully operational and we are completely happy with the servers current state. There will be some stress testing needed but we need you lot for that, so that will happen once the games gates open. The final stages are being placed into the account registration system and should be ready to go within an hour.

9:10pm - Accounts are now being created for the closed beta testers (to reserve their character names.) As soon as these have finished creating we will be able to give you a more concrete time scale, although once they have been created it should not be to long at all.)

So basically it will be up tomorow sometime ...if ever.

Last edited:

SilentDragz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
Darlington, UK
MiloFoxburr said:
they could of easily left the closed beta accounts and allowed us to make accounts on that db... not the brightest of bunch i gotta say

Probably wanted to make sure that Wittin was well and truly gone :P lol

/SilentDragz

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Ne1 else keep havig the prob of the forums going down alot? :O

sparx14

yup they totaly overloaded lol realy pissing me off i have to load page about 10 times before it works lol

DeadlyEagle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
BountieHunter said:
750 people online what do you expect?
you would expect when they aim on a userbase of 100.000 people by christmas the forums can a lousy 750 people..

Masami

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2004
its not cuz of 700 online itz cuz they all trying in for the same post :P

AriaQ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2004
UK
It's so annoying on a 56K I ain't got a clue whats going on
so im just gonna w8 untill I feal the right moment to try and login to Mir3

marie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2004
Waitin for the last 12 CB accounts to be created.