Nostalgia of Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
I know it has been said that our looking at 1.4 then the rest being patched in. I do however have 1 or 2 questions i would like the finf out about.

Will you be looking at adding in the other classes at a later date or having all 5/6 available from the day its released??
Also will you be looking at adding in the spells after 2.3?? I feel that even tho to some the spells from 2.3+ took a bit away from the old mir days, i would personally prefer it if they were in game, dropping from mobs for your level at a semi rare rate.

In relation to spells i would also be looking at the possibility of "re tweaking" some of the spell levels just to try keep a bit of interest. I dont think this would be a massive game changer but the level 7 spells bringing them down to level 3 but keeping the initial levels for getting them to level 3, e.g fireball was level 7 to learn and get level 1 (as we all know) but to get it to level 3 you had to be level 12. This will help a small amount in the beginning but not game breaking. Also if you plan on adding spells after the 2.3 patch, i would personally take TDB down to level 22, but have it so its varied out on levels before level 3, stil have level 3 being obtainable at level 37 ( i think it was) so sy 22 to learn TDB and then 29 for getting the spell to level 2 then 37 for level 3. This would also not be game breaking as the MP used by the spell would keep it in check for the lower levels.

Rares such as para, tele, probe, revival, muscle etc etc to be kept to just bosses none of this cave maggots and wedge moths to drop para ring.

Spells to be dropped by normal leveling / hunting mobs not just the bosses / subs of a cave, give the casuals something to be able to obtain for themselves.

Weapons and items of a higher tier level to be dropped by bosses and subs in a lower cave so you can prepair in advanced for that level if your lucky enough to get the boss's.

I feel these are the areas Euro went really down hill with the items and there obtainable levels.

Also personally id have a majority of caves in place from start then add extras to them, Tao village with the mines, keep hold of them then bring them into place in a later patch with the mining in there??

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Wedge moths dropping para's are fun at a super rare drop rate, make's it worth actually stopping to poke them.

Reactions: KingCobra92

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I still have a fair amount of work to do to get this to the standard I would like, I'm aiming for Christmas/New year. To much Hype around Apoc to even consider releasing earlier..

Still in the making :)

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
My small input .

IF the maps are as the original. There will be peeps complaining of being bored. " There's no mystery ! "
Suggest to make an effort and have NEW maps. In caves especialy. The route to level 3 Oma Cave is like a tram-line
no-one stays in level 1 or 2 (except for OmaKingSpirit) .
Running to PrangaTempleKingsRoom is automatic. Damn most recognise in an instant where they are, when they
RandomTelli about.
New maps would have peeps SELLING directions !

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
My small input .

IF the maps are as the original. There will be peeps complaining of being bored. " There's no mystery ! "
Suggest to make an effort and have NEW maps. In caves especialy. The route to level 3 Oma Cave is like a tram-line
Running to PrangaTempleKingsRoom is automatic. Damn most recognise in an instant where they are, when they
RandomTelli about.

Doesn't having new maps sort of go against the whole point of being "Nostalgic" ?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Cool idea. I think it would actually do very well. It’s what it all boils down to in the end...you play Mir because of nostalgia. I can’t wait for the first Para ring to drop and that war gaining a godly name for themselves. (Me fingers crossed)

Exp potions and all that, must be a no go. But you gotta make some money and that’s understandable, make it a monthly fee subscription and jog the gameshop on or atleast all of its player boosting bits.

Goodluck! P.S will you be launching a beta? Or straight in no wipes? Christmas?

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
I like the sound of it, love the idea of releasing caves again slowly for the simple fact of having everyone hunting on a level playing field in the same caves. That with the lack of ability to 1/2 hitting people would make mass fights alot more fun than current servers out there.
I do agree with few comments about the longevity if certain things are too slow, such as spells like tdb and 'too hard a grind' (most servers are too quick now) but the game is too outdated for people to bother waiting months for stuff they've had constantly over last 15 years, especially as most of us have grown up and dont get the same amount of time to play as we used to lol.

Keep it 3 classes, dont bring the others in though. Its where all the balancing becomes fubar'd. Definitely will give server a whirl though.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
My small input .

RandomTelli about.

This makes no sense, its a nostalgia server? That would be like Sony saying they are updating the graphics and rereleasing Crash Bandicoot.. then creating all new levels? =S

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I like the sound of it, love the idea of releasing caves again slowly for the simple fact of having everyone hunting on a level playing field in the same caves. That with the lack of ability to 1/2 hitting people would make mass fights alot more fun than current servers out there.
I do agree with few comments about the longevity if certain things are too slow, such as spells like tdb and 'too hard a grind' (most servers are too quick now) but the game is too outdated for people to bother waiting months for stuff they've had constantly over last 15 years, especially as most of us have grown up and dont get the same amount of time to play as we used to lol.

Keep it 3 classes, dont bring the others in though. Its where all the balancing becomes fubar'd. Definitely will give server a whirl though.

Looking back on my original time frames between patches; your probably right. I'm gearing more towards a more dynamic interval taking into account the average player level for the top 50% of active players compared to the relevant softcap for the current patch to determine when to release the next patch.

I still have a fair amount of work to do to capture the Euro Experience.. you wouldn't believe some of the odd mechanics in the official sources that we are missing in Crystal..

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Looking back on my original time frames between patches; your probably right. I'm gearing more towards a more dynamic interval taking into account the average player level for the top 50% of active players compared to the relevant softcap for the current patch to determine when to release the next patch.

I still have a fair amount of work to do to capture the Euro Experience.. you wouldn't believe some of the odd mechanics in the official sources that we are missing in Crystal..

All kinda neat info in the real code huh :) been saying it for awhile people should refer to the out test and phili code.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Isn't this just a case of bad balancing?

I as a player and assume many others think that within a week of playing they can go and kill top bosses or hunt in top caves and make it feasible. Mir is an ego fuelee game and people like to be the first to do this, the first to get that.

I think people are just to lazy both player and owner to correctly balance a server to make it fun. Range classes should not be able to go in and kite top tier mobs. I can't remember the last time I played a server where firewall actually had 90% misses on a mob and poison doesn't tick insanely fast.

I remember when poison killing bosses was actually a thing and taoist was a real support class. Not a confused support/dps hybrid.

The evolution of mir in the LOMCN community has done it's damage and needs shaking up, I just hope you get the support of the community. Goodluck!

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Isn't this just a case of bad balancing?

I as a player and assume many others think that within a week of playing they can go and kill top bosses or hunt in top caves and make it feasible. Mir is an ego fuelee game and people like to be the first to do this, the first to get that.

I think people are just to lazy both player and owner to correctly balance a server to make it fun. Range classes should not be able to go in and kite top tier mobs. I can't remember the last time I played a server where firewall actually had 90% misses on a mob and poison doesn't tick insanely fast.

I remember when poison killing bosses was actually a thing and taoist was a real support class. Not a confused support/dps hybrid.

The evolution of mir in the LOMCN community has done it's damage and needs shaking up, I just hope you get the support of the community. Goodluck!

No , if you look back out the out test code you will how skill really ment to work. like C files a speed is way off from from euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.