Request Nostalgia or Not

Which file are you more likely to play and what type of server

• Total voters

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
There is not much activity on the Mir3 front, mainly because of lack of files or groups keeping files closed.

I'm creating this thread mainly to ask the community opinions on what people would play.

I have been busy with life and work but feel like I'd like to see a new server open but I want to keep the feel of the old days pre-assassin... keeping away from stupid stats, and also keeping a feeling of working hard for what you have achieved with no donations.

That being said, what does the community want when it comes to Mir3 and what (available) files would you want to see used..? This is the information on the files as far as I know.

[3.38]:
These are the least buggy files now that most users are using Windows 7 or later.
The files have a level and stat cap of 255 which limits what can be done (may not be a problem on low/med rate)
The files are limited to the amount of armour and weapon images can be used
The files do not have armour glows coded

[3.55]:
These files are similar to 3.38 but have slight issues when played on Windows 7 or later
The files do not have a level cap but do have a stat cap
The files are also limited with the amount of armour and weapon images can be used but offer a few more then 3.38
The files have 3 armour glows that can be used
The files can be cheated on by using external programs

[Kings]:
These files have issues with GFX mainly on nvidia (I think) causing very low fps
The files do not have any level or stat caps
The files do not have limitations on armour and weapon images
The files offer 7 or more armour glows
The files have cheats hard coded making pvp slightly annoying and nothing like normal files

With the explanations when you see a server advertised which are you more likely to want to play?

Off-Topic: Amazed at technology now days... connected to my server via iPad
image.png

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Players got pissed off because always are new servers stat stay online for 2 3 months then close or wipe

Nothing stable

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I notice people are voting for 3.55 low rate, wondering what the advantages are over 3.38 if it is low rate and not expecting high levels....

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I notice people are voting for 3.55 low rate, wondering what the advantages are over 3.38 if it is low rate and not expecting high levels....

Maybe they need files they can cheat on? :/

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Low Rate are the best,Mid Rate are great for 2-3 Years then just goes down hill was never a big fan of high rates

i play a server now and there is a lvl cap lets say lvl 50 u cant get any more exp so there is all ways time for new players to catch up

the idea of starting a server when people are lvl 100+ puts people off

dont give the players every map do a patch server i on just put cap lvl up and next patch sabuk wall will be added things like this keeps people active and they cant wait for the new things to come in.

i voted low rate 3.38 best files for me but i do enjoy mid rates iv played hasekura zentaur but after a while gets a little boring for me.
one day lets hope you all get a working set of the sin files and new servers will open.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I liked med rates, being around level 30 - 40 with ease and grinding sort of 45+. I hate not having all my spells but I also dislike high rate 1 hit bosses/pk.

File type, i don't care - all have benefits.

taifun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2012
Romania
Players got pissed off because always are new servers stat stay online for 2 3 months then close or wipe

Nothing stable

i would play your server again..one of best mir3 servers i played..good memories

and your 10years experience of keeping a server online without wipes or long downtime

if you wipe zentaur and add some cool content stuff..you might hit again 70+

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
File availability sucks, 3.38 file were uploaded agan and LOST. I try for 1 more Time, then I am will be DONE with mir3 pain in my ass,and mir2...

good mmo and ill be gone agan.. thx for release shame yur the only1 that shared

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Whats wrong with vital elementz files?

http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir3/VitalElementz/
I think Vital Elementz was the best mir3 server ever made...too bad it didnt make it, but if Azura would revive the original VE with updates i think alot of people would take alook at mir3 again, also too bad there are soo many people working and updating Crystal Mir2 files and there is no mir3 with sin available yet

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
files not ALL there, should be more gates I think, I did send a pm. Stditems1 2 3 Monster1 2 3 magic I can redo, 3 diferent environments, I cant do Local so I Cannot see what to Fix

if its stat dam good why it still a upload and not a Live Free server for Whole community, closest to ths is andy, LS dont have a MUD3, and 2 item databases..

Converted it to 3.55 because 3.38 b4 I put my foot in mouth I will look at stings release on here......... Dont mean to hyjack thread,and why another Mir3;is there a real need, some good midrate but not on here

RandomGKL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2014
None of the servers had the content/skills after the FD patch, it was never the same without them.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Server doesn't have a proper website, I wouldn't trust my time on it. No good communication. Better give the files to someone else. Pay to play? Gtfo of here lol.

Back on topic, if you could somehow grab those GSP files off of the few people that have them working and run a proper server, id play that. Other then that its not worth spending your time on.

I agree with you the server should have a website
I do think gm needs more people to help him he fixed the lag witch is great wont go pay to play witch is good news also
he working on game shop at the moment server not perfect I would love if some one who know more about mir got the files but there is 2 people I know who have these files working not 100% still got bugs but don't open server.

any way I would love to see a new server open the way usa/euro was they the best servers but will only work if user count is good.

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

this server is so hyped up by you and 2 or 3 more persons

maybe thats why they start to sell accounts and move on to another server

good luck playing with that pig system that gives +13 luck or smth like that

stop promote that crap on a non related post

I was not trying to promote that server I was just letting that guy know there is a active server with the sin class
also the pig only gives you 1 luck

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I do think gm needs more people to help him he fixed the lag witch is great wont go pay to play witch is good news also
he working on game shop at the moment server not perfect I would love if some one who know more about mir got the files but there is 2 people I know who have these files working not 100% still got bugs but don't open server.

any way I would love to see a new server open the way usa/euro was they the best servers but will only work if user count is good.

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I was not trying to promote that server I was just letting that guy know there is a active server with the sin class
I can't call that a server...but w/e

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

And who is have GSP files? other than admins from GSP?

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA

Your BUMPING read the fing rules..global rules apply.. You guys have opporunity to get additional forum- USE it, and you bump on Facebook..this thread has nothing todo with SIN....the fact that You DONT SHARE is what it is about.. I see what Azura is talking about..

I cant find files beyond 3.25, plus if you dont know were to look or if some1 dont pay the bill, you wont get the files. And I found 2 files that a user needs to get his server ONLINE it dont exist anywere else, and dmirs and zordon seem MIA. But Zordon did upload his 3.38 from Sumari server, wat happened I dont know. The new site got so many erors think it is gone.

I think that 3.38 will run on win7 if CD will

Thx for thread Azura Mir3 really needs it , and needs to look at the problems too, I will upload as much as my 90k upload allows :)