o2

Join Discord

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Anyone know if o2 broadband is any good I've looked on dslratings and it looks as though its quite good compared to the other big companies, especially because it offers free setup as well. Just wondering if anyone knows any bad points about it as I'm looking to get it for my g/f's house.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
I changed from sky to o2 as my connection was constantly dropping and had seriously high pings in games.

Since i've moved to o2 my connection is fine and im getting 7meg down my line (was 5meg on sky).

Thats all I can go from really but I hear their customer support is good also.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
i get a pretty constant 18mb offpeak with O2, only drops to 10mb during the busiest times, and cos i'm a mobile customer I get it for under a tenner.

Theyre definiately one of the best ISP's ive been with, but theyre gettin more n more well known now so soon be getting slower and oversubscribed...

I think the next 12 months will be the decider. If they keep up with demand and upgrade their hardware to cope they're worth signing up with. Else they'll soon not be any different to any other ISP.

EDIT:

Not bad for 8pm in a busy residential area just outside of Sheffield.

N this was my best result yet.

Last edited:

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
as they don't offer a 100mb service thats not accurate i do tests get 50mb/s then do another get 10... speedtest is ****

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I use o2 at uni house.
As housemate is on an o2 phone contract internet is very cheap. Beats anything else at that price, by a mile.

/Gand

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
as they don't offer a 100mb service thats not accurate i do tests get 50mb/s then do another get 10... speedtest is ****

I agree speedtest isnt very reliable, but this is pulled directly from my router showing actual throughput speed:

DSL Connection

Uptime:0 days, 1:27:44
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:1,317 / 17,383

Very good service.