Objects + maps = confused

smoochy boys on tour

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
never been interested in maps they just annoy me. anyway i have a map i want to use but it uses objects from a separate objects .wil...

ive added them both to my client files and the map to my server files but it isn't reading the objects, so i'm assuming objects have to be coded? hope not but that's my guess

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
1. I haven't touched them.

2. I don't know :s I'm pretty sure I found the stuff that matches up with the map in an objects wil

Upvote 0

Gadget

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Aug 3, 2006
It's more complex than you think. Each tile / object on a map has an ID that points to the actual image in the libs. eg. 1001 might be a certain floor tile. If you add the images to an existing library that has say 2000 images, that means your new tiles correct ID is 3001 - you would need to either modify the map file (every related tile would need updating), or add the tiles in a different file and change the client to support that new file. EDIT: Even if you change the client to support the new file you would also need to update the map (probably) to point to the new file, since each tile on a map also has a library ID which points to the required file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It's more complex than you think. Each tile / object on a map has an ID that points to the actual image in the libs. eg. 1001 might be a certain floor tile. If you add the images to an existing library that has say 2000 images, that means your new tiles correct ID is 3001 - you would need to either modify the map file (every related tile would need updating), or add the tiles in a different file and change the client to support that new file. EDIT: Even if you change the client to support the new file you would also need to update the map (probably) to point to the new file, since each tile on a map also has a library ID which points to the required file.

No point explaining in such detail its a waste of time as nobody cares about maps. Even people who make them don't know that much detail lol. (its funny 1/2 of them cant build objects O.o)

Explain in steps what you didwhen adding the objects copy paste, from whoms client to ur client etc.. illl try see where u gone wrong.

Aslong as you didnt overwrite/rename a file you shouldn't have gone wrong....

Upvote 0