Oblivion - V2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Oblivion - V2

Based on the Oblivion files, and before anyone gives me crap, theyre my files and im improving em!

The new server will contain

Brand new Homezone Map
New Temples and Mobs to go with them
Leveling will be made a bit harder than Skylines, but not much
Items will be edited and changed
Top Stat items will only be available at level 45 and beyond
Complete revamp of some of the features
Drops tweaked
Bosses tweaked
Will also be adding some features from Meltdown and Mythica
The server will be old school, no rebirth and so on.

What i need now is for everyone who tested on Skylines server to give me a hand in sorting out bugs etc. If possible ill put it online for a short while later so people can chat and help me test it!

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
ill be happy to test it as i alrdy love this server!
its rly gd! nice work, and to have it improved,hopefully for the better, wud be kool :)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Ima play :D, i played the original but ended up starting a huge argument wid TurtleDog against LUIGUI and that Kori2 blokey :fthrower:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wont be up today.

YOU WILL ALL LOOSE UR CHARS.

Will be alot better then the 1 i put up :)

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Soz there wont be any uptime tonight im afraid cos i wont have time to setup the files and so forth. During the week when im at my own house and not my girlfriends ill be working on the files and making them much better, as ive had a lot more experience and developed a lot more skills since i made oblivion.

Everyone will start again as this will be a new style server different EXP rates and improved drops files, NPC's Mobs Temples etc.

My plan for the drops is to have certain telpes drop specific items, (say Zuma only drops rings, WT Baces and so forth) Doing this should hopefully speed up the drop file creation and help people target specific items easier. Sets will also be assigned to temples etc.

Skyline said:
Wont be up today.

YOU WILL ALL LOOSE UR CHARS.

Will be alot better then the 1 i put up :)

This man knows how i work ;)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Atomicide said:
My plan for the drops is to have certain telpes drop specific items, (say Zuma only drops rings, WT Baces and so forth) Doing this should hopefully speed up the drop file creation and help people target specific items easier. Sets will also be assigned to temples etc.

This man knows how i work ;)
will make more ppl hunt in diff areas instead of on too.

Yes i do know how u work and i cant wait =D

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
justso u all know aswell lol, i edited the drops, so dont expect it to be so easy.

i made more gold drop, i made lvlin mobs drop semi rares (gaxe, claw necks, g beads, powers ect), so dont expect that in Oblivion V2!!

Oblivion was al labout easy lvling, but hard to get rares.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Im going to *try* and set it up so that say a boss you struggle to kill with a great axe and rares of the same value, (eg corals etc) will drop the next level of items (so mace etc) then you must move on to harder bosses.

Owners of sabuk will get access to personal KR's so that people actually want to fight for it. Ill make the sabuk wars a short as can be hexed and so on.

If im honest i havent had the chance to look at the files yet though, im aiming for some kind of opening next weekend, even if its just to test the server for bugs etc. If this is the case u might not get to keep beta testing characters, but we can see how it goes.

Ive also got a copy of Free mirlander and im going to test it on the server to see what it brings up in the logs, that way if i find anyone cheating they will be INSTANTLY banned, without arguement.

and for a special treat for those of you who think theyre hard. ZTKR will now contain 2 Zumatauruses, they will spawn together, one will hardly ever drop, but the only drops in its files will be rares such as slayers and so on, the other will drop more often, but wont contain the top items ....each temple boss will be improved and made harder over time so there will be no more solo-ing of bosses.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Update on the progress, so far ive looked at my old files lost my temper, deleted them, Downloaded fresh files and now im setting to work. Im going to hardcore it for a few days to see what i can get done but the general message is dont expect a completed server this weekend. However at the same time i want to stress all my servers are based on the same principles.

Steady leveling, Balanced stats, and so on, im still going to include everything ive prementioned. But some additions people may want to note ....

Im going to remove much of the data from the stditems.db becuase a good 60% of the items are never used, and most of ema re boring, so expect brand new items when u log on, only things that are staying are pots, teleports and a few other things.

Quests will be big, and challenging, rewards will include things like ... Weapon and item upgrading services, items only obtainable by quests, quests to let you access special areas.

Please for the love of god, post some ideas cos im stuck thinking on my own accord and i would love some public input.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
definately make some group hunting areas, and quite alot ov lvling areas so thta ppl dnt get bored of the same 1!
lots ov places to go hunt for items and cash aswell!

sounds gr8 neway m8, this is guna be a gd server :)

DigitalBecoming

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2004
England
If you deleted all the old files have you lost the idDB? :(

It sounds good but I wouldn't lvl again if my char has gone.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
DigitalBecoming said:
If you deleted all the old files have you lost the idDB? :(

It sounds good but I wouldn't lvl again if my char has gone.
he alrdy said that the chars have been wiped cos this is a totally dif server, the 1 thta skyline put up wasnt nethin to do with this!