OldSkool 2.3

Join Discord

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
OldSkool is undergoin alot of changes and is being wiped so fresh start for every1 its going live on friday ben hopes so nows ur chance to start cus OS is a long term server, that was bens 1st server, i for 1 will be playin again ;P

anyway im just letting ppl know and puttin word out to attract old/new players :)

/fubu

PS: it has a dedi and is a long term server

Burntsoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2006
Well said, i shall be there 2!

Ill post a list of all the changes/additions when its all confirmed

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Wiped? Is everyone being refunded who donated then?

/Zen2

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Go look up the meaning of donation mate. :eek:

Yeah? Its where you give money for something you appreciate and dont recieve nothing in return, However in this case its more selling and buying so i just assumed they should be returning either the cash or the items to players? Roumour has it bons made over 25k out of old skool so hes in no position to wipe it to try make another 25k.

My thoughts anyway, Mir should be free.

/Zen2

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
ben doesent accept donations he accepts purchases go look up the thread on os forums :) "wanting to purchase items" and hes already said there will be some sort of compensaion

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Well once a server is wiped it looses half the user base within a week or so due to people not wanting to do it all over again as its boring.

/Zen2

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Well once a server is wiped it looses half the user base within a week or so due to people not wanting to do it all over again as its boring.

/Zen2

i tried saying this on forum before they said it was 100% final but no 1 listens to the wise ones :rolleyes:

server count will drop to 50

items will be hard to get

ppl forget for the 1st week they will be lvling on items that were droped on floor and that even a lvl 39 didint wear coz they were so ****

they also forget getting kits like z orbe which tbh were pooh.. will be soo rare and tbh crap stats when u finally do get lol

any way ur mistake ben g/l tho

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
i think the user count will be same or more tbh as theres no item donations or anything and it gives every1 a chance to level at same time

think hard about the items. ppl will get board if after 1 week they r still in very average kits

the whole appeal from os was that if u got lucky from a drop there were already items out there to buy and sell

now its gunna be a few weeks b4 big bosses r getting killed and in grps of 20

its gunna be so hard to get this server off the air again

im gunna monitor user count untill 2 weeks after

and i bet u it will have droped atleast 45+%

After saying all that i beilve one thing.!

This server depends on how good the halloween event is
and wot kinda items u can get out of it

if its anywhere like the easter even on euro
where ppl were getting good kit (not event kit)
and good exp
then this server may yet live

but as i said b4 its all now on bens shoulders and as we all know he has a social life which is gunna be hard for him to update it enough for ppl to want to play from lvl 0

tbh ben if u were a mir nerd ida probly been all for the whipe but as u r normal and have a life outa this gay bubble id dissagree with the idea.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Yeah? Its where you give money for something you appreciate and dont recieve nothing in return, However in this case its more selling and buying so i just assumed they should be returning either the cash or the items to players? Roumour has it bons made over 25k out of old skool so hes in no position to wipe it to try make another 25k.

My thoughts anyway, Mir should be free.

/Zen2
yer, rumour. they will be compensated tho.

as for user count dropin and diein, oh well its only a game i cant force ppl to play

i feel its for the best, can give me so many more things to add and change, and gives me a chance to correct all my mistakes ive made.
afterall, it is my server, and it should be down to me how i run it... if im not happy with how it is i should change it

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
yer, rumour. they will be compensated tho.

as for user count dropin and diein, oh well its only a game i cant force ppl to play

i feel its for the best, can give me so many more things to add and change, and gives me a chance to correct all my mistakes ive made.
afterall, it is my server, and it should be down to me how i run it... if im not happy with how it is i should change it

ye it is down to u but little things u gutta remember

ppl have differnt things on mir they Hate/Love

for example i h8 rebirth think its stupid but other ppl love it

i like subclasses and spoke to ppl l8ly that h8 it

i love lotto and lodz of ppl think its just stupid and an easy way to get items

but at the end of the day these r 3 things that attract ppl to servers

so they r generally a must have.

but yes itis ur server and if u dont mind if it just dies then it supprises me loads i known u longer than u think i have and 1 thing i can say ( which is a good thing running a server, not such a good thing out of mir) is that you have a massive ego and u dont want it to fail as much as the players do. if im wrong then well what can i say.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
only a game anyway people say they worked there ass off for items but infact they sat on the computer clicking the mouse for items.

the people that sent money to ben most likely worked there ass off for items at work

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
Going for a record bon ?? See how much u can make from 1 server lol...

I for 1 hope ur server dies.

/Harry
ur servers a fail before it even goes up dont get me started.

/fubu

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
there will be but only small things, eg, kr teles, few pets, gems or something. wont be any donations for items ingame, will be seperate items that cant be spec repaired/repaired at all, and stats wont be uber either. but im puttin in gamegold scrolls so every1 has the opotunity to get them if they want, and will add to trading.

big donations aint needed, hopein to setup adverts on forums to help contirbute to payments aswell

as for ppl goin on about money, yawn, give it a rest, u think i care? if i did i wouldnt be resetin the server, id still be leavin it up as it was, with ppl donation loads for OS kit and ****

im doin the wipe to better the server, correct my mistakes, and to keep OS the best mir server out there. no1s perfect, we all make mistakes

as for harry... lol cause ur servers well good ye.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
that is a little thing, majority of krs on OS are really easy to get to any way, and tele rings are hardly rare.
they are merely little extras to make life easier for ppl helpin out the server / alrdy helped out the server, not things that are givin ppl major advantages like before

like i said, i aint bothered wot every1 thinks, im pasted the mir ego days where ill sit on forums all day tryin 2 defend myself, its a game, if u all play or u dont im not that fussed, im doin wot i feel is best for the server, and i hope ppl play and enjoy it, cant ask for more.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I've cleaned everything related to donations in this thread. Other than the important parts. The facts are there, I don't need to hear anything else about it now.

Thread reopened.

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
yeah sad really will point TheBoss to this thread to remove it

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
You was being nice, till you advertised.

To be down right honest with you...

A wipe is... a great idea.

I know alot of you are like "blah blah cba doing it all again" crap, but I'd probably play tbh plainly because I could catch up to people/get ahead, where as before it was impossible. Plus will be fun to have a nice nooby competition PVP sorta thing lol

Some servers need a wipe at a certain point, so, good call.

If all goes well, might see you there.

Goodluck ben.