OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Good luck with launch looks good enjoyed all your previous servers.

Alot of toddler adults here winging about auto play / crypto if you want to play the server just play it, if you read the thread it's stated that these are optional features lol auto play on a mir2 server will only end up with you coming back to your PC asking if you want to be revived back in town.. & the crypto function takes away from all you charge back rats when an update hasnt gone your way

Reactions: Vyse

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Good luck with this project, so much new systems in place, a healthy beta will be needed?

I’ve skim read the messages and I know an awful lot about crypto.

The issue is with most folk is they don’t and what may seem harmless comes across as seemingly a con or a stitch up…folk will most likely give this a miss unless some baby step explaining is done on the crypto aspect.

And just be honest? Is it this way to stop folk PayPal reclaiming? If so then great GMs deserve to keep some finance towards the server hosting and countless hours.

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Good idea
I was thinking about crypto + Mir2 integration for a long time and we try to implement too.
It will be the trend for sure, but some will say "Play to Earn" it sounds like a pyramid scheme but hell yeah what it will bring the traffic and attention is what we need for the Mir2 community and server isn't it?
Good luck and keep it going, Bon.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
from what i can see its just bringing out into the open whats already being done behind closed doors on alot of private servers... the buying and selling of items... (personally hate this but thats what players do)

at least on this server you can be safe in the transaction rather than the risk of doing deals only with people you know. also im assuming here but can you also sell the item to the server team? and get payed to play? im not sure on that tbh but say i play and get a nice item dropped, can i sell this as an NFT to a player or can it be sold to the server? the server then buys it and can place it up for sale to other players if need be... i mean if i was to sell something i had dropped i would rather sell it to the server owner than a player i didnt know...

an interesting set of concepts and the best of luck to the server team.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
No way, mir has entered the web3 world lol, I never thought I’d see the day! I been playing an official game built on the polygon network recently which also trades in MATIC, it’s called BlastRoyale a little mobile battle royale game, but the nft/trading side to it is amazing, only thing here though, is when you decide to pull the plug on the server, your “nfts” will be worthless, as there’ll be no game for the nft/items. Still cool idea though to bring it to mir, best of luck with it 👍🏻

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
from what i can see its just bringing out into the open whats already being done behind closed doors on alot of private servers... the buying and selling of items... (personally hate this but thats what players do)

at least on this server you can be safe in the transaction rather than the risk of doing deals only with people you know. also im assuming here but can you also sell the item to the server team? and get payed to play? im not sure on that tbh but say i play and get a nice item dropped, can i sell this as an NFT to a player or can it be sold to the server? the server then buys it and can place it up for sale to other players if need be... i mean if i was to sell something i had dropped i would rather sell it to the server owner than a player i didnt know...

an interesting set of concepts and the best of luck to the server team.
no server doesn’t buy them why would it, I’m not a bank lol.
It’s player to player trading only.
No way, mir has entered the web3 world lol, I never thought I’d see the day! I been playing an official game built on the polygon network recently which also trades in MATIC, it’s called BlastRoyale a little mobile battle royale game, but the nft/trading side to it is amazing, only thing here though, is when you decide to pull the plug on the server, your “nfts” will be worthless, as there’ll be no game for the nft/items. Still cool idea though to bring it to mir, best of luck with it 👍🏻
Same with every game and every NFT and even crypto or stocks. It’s only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Oh and gold same concept.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
no server doesn’t buy them why would it, I’m not a bank lol.
It’s player to player trading only.

Same with every game and every NFT and even crypto or stocks. It’s only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Oh and gold same concept.

Oh yer I totally agree, but these new gen web3 games that are built on the polygon network have a lot more let’s say chance of becoming something big then a private mir2 server, Blastroyale is just starting to take off, I have an nft on there worth around £1200 right now, and I’m hoping if things really do take off it’ll double/triple 🤷🏻‍♂️ but it’s also linked to opensea etc which is a massive crypto market so it’s pretty safe, where as let’s be honest your servers are good, even if it brings 400 players, it’s going to last what 6months? Then the only winner of it is you from all the Matic transactions etc, everyone with there mir nfts will be ermmm **** outta luck lol. But good effort it’s a start and I am amazed you’ve brought mir to the web3 genre 👍🏻

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Oh yer I totally agree, but these new gen web3 games that are built on the polygon network have a lot more let’s say chance of becoming something big then a private mir2 server, Blastroyale is just starting to take off, I have an nft on there worth around £1200 right now, and I’m hoping if things really do take off it’ll double/triple 🤷🏻‍♂️ but it’s also linked to opensea etc which is a massive crypto market so it’s pretty safe, where as let’s be honest your servers are good, even if it brings 400 players, it’s going to last what 6months? Then the only winner of it is you from all the Matic transactions etc, everyone with there mir nfts will be ermmm **** outta luck lol. But good effort it’s a start and I am amazed you’ve brought mir to the web3 genre 👍🏻
All my servers have lasted minimum 12 months before it’s got a little too stale to salvage and then maybe 18-24 months it closes but that is the cycle for all Mir servers and most MMOs tbh because it becomes impossible to attract new players and everyone wants that new fresh start feeling.
Might be a little different this time as new players or returning players can buy NFTs when big patches drop etc - who knows.
Even if a server own is pumping out great content people just love to start fresh unfortunately

All I know is nothing lasts forever and everything comes to an end eventually

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurricane

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
@Jev what is the stand of LOMCN with the Auto Play system? I understand fishing/mining/pigs/stalls leveling but a full auto play system hugely inflating usercount will really not be fair to other server owners on ranking page.
You sound like a salty lil biatch, especially crying to Jev like this 😂

If Ben pays his fee's and the data sent from his sever is based off same data of other servers provide its irelevant how many are bots, afk or active players. A user online is a user online. Arcadia AFAIK has never been punished despite clearly being full of market stalls.

As for Bots - Mirs evolving, we try to avoid bots to retain the nostalgia of Mir when we were kids, not the trash WeMade issue now, but its clear that some people want this to make their lives "easier" but its also clear Ibbys basically saying he's pking all AFK'ers 😂.

Also theres a saying - if you cant beat them, join them. This could level the playing field for some

Cryptos not for me but i can see the benefits, and perhaps, ill divert off minecraft to give it a whizz - no doubt my brothers will play so be fun to do some family guild hunts.

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse and zedina

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You sound like a salty lil biatch, especially crying to Jev like this 😂

If Ben pays his fee's and the data sent from his sever is based off same data of other servers provide its irelevant how many are bots, afk or active players. A user online is a user online. Arcadia AFAIK has never been punished despite clearly being full of market stalls.

As for Bots - Mirs evolving, we try to avoid bots to retain the nostalgia of Mir when we were kids, not the trash WeMade issue now, but its clear that some people want this to make their lives "easier" but its also clear Ibbys basically saying he's pking all AFK'ers 😂.

Also theres a saying - if you cant beat them, join them. This could level the playing field for some

Cryptos not for me but i can see the benefits, and perhaps, ill divert off minecraft to give it a whizz - no doubt my brothers will play so be fun to do some family guild hunts.
I'd happily play just to kill afk levelers/miners etc. No shame

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Even if a server own is pumping out great content people just love to start fresh unfortunately
It is very simple to know why is that. Its because then you can compete with others on level field, for a while anyway, until p2w kicks in later in the game or you play solo while others are grp players (being guilded doesn't rule out either mode of playing). Starting fresh gives one the prospect of again being on a level field, even if for a few days only or for a week or two.

Second factor is that pple like the game when they really have to fight for it, like when you start from scratch. As a higher or high level, all that is lost, inflation kicks in and gold loses any meaning, plus no server owner has the heart to make the game difficult, challenging for high levels as it is for chars just starting out.

I know this is easier said then to figure out how to go about making it difficult without pple complaining and quitting.

I'll give this a bash when it opens but will only play as long as it will hold interest solo playing. I know beforehand that I will play without even checking out game shop (only ever bought from GS using gold and on few servers only at that), never mind item selling or buying using crypto, just buying with gold from TM. I would never buy/sell anything outside game for rl currency. I wouldn't judge if someone who lives in a third world country is selling items, its the buyers that I don't have high opinion of.

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Was enjoying this for the past few days, was nice to be able to play, but not have 100% of my concentration on it haha, #lazylife.

But trying to PVP a little bit earlier was just horrible, "brown mode" just didn't work, and wasn't doing any damage.. the other person was even like "mode?", also I think while white and hitting a brown person's pets, make you brown, weirdly.

it just doesn't feel right, it feels slow and sluggish... and clicking mobs/people is just not a nice feeling for some reason? is it just me? am still on it atm, but doubt I'll play any more after this current fix, unfortunately, couldn't really care less about the crypto, users themselves will decide if it's a good or bad thing.

Some of the things are nice though, the Codex, is good, and I like progressing little things like this, As with all the the other bits I have no clue about, I just saved them as I am very much a hoarder in my play style -,-

Equinnox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2017
Helloyou was banned on Classic WoW for buying gold. He ****ed over many in Xele's RNG guild for doing this. It's funny to see him critising RMT in this thread.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Was enjoying this for the past few days, was nice to be able to play, but not have 100% of my concentration on it haha, #lazylife.

But trying to PVP a little bit earlier was just horrible, "brown mode" just didn't work, and wasn't doing any damage.. the other person was even like "mode?", also I think while white and hitting a brown person's pets, make you brown, weirdly.

it just doesn't feel right, it feels slow and sluggish... and clicking mobs/people is just not a nice feeling for some reason? is it just me? am still on it atm, but doubt I'll play any more after this current fix, unfortunately, couldn't really care less about the crypto, users themselves will decide if it's a good or bad thing.

Some of the things are nice though, the Codex, is good, and I like progressing little things like this, As with all the the other bits I have no clue about, I just saved them as I am very much a hoarder in my play style -,-
I'll look into it can't see why we'd have random bugs with pk modes etc.. seen loads of people fighting and killin and nothing been reported.

We pushed a patch fix last night as found some weird targetting bug so maybe that was your issue?