OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Glad to see you're getting involved with crypto/NFTs and I'm actually shocked as well seeing how this community really moves at a snails pace when it comes to upgrades/updates. Hell this is a 20+ year old game and this server getting involved in crypto/nfts is already 90%+ ahead of other games... Life really does throw curveballs haha.

My only issue is you picked Polygon... why? You all realize they are going to rug pull this year, right? You should have went with Loopring instead of Polygon. Polygon will get rug pulled to bring in more regulation to crypto. This is all planned just like the FTX fiasco.

For people not familiar with this approach... Ben is basically creating a system where there won't be any chargebacks which is smart. Also Ben will be able to make a profit off of anyone selling their items/characters (The decentralized approach which gaming and finance need to be) on any NFT marketplace that uses the same ledger/blockchain. I'm guessing the server owners will be the ones to initially "mint" everything unless they are creating their own marketplace. Also to fight players buying and selling gold/items/characters is a losing battle.... So why not just make money on the transactions of these players?

EDIT : To add to this, besides polygon rug pulling I have other things to mention here. Polygon isn't decentralized as it's very centralized. The assets (held in a multi-sig wallet) are held by 5 people.... Not very safe. Also you really need a trustworthy Layer 2 solution and Polygon isn't a Layer 2... It's a sidechain so the security aspect of it is severely flawed. You REALLY want to use Loopring instead.

Loopring is what powers the GameStop NFT Marketplace which is the most profitable marketplace currently.
Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is or how they work?
To the person you're responding to, this is what a combination of fear + ignorance looks like.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Glad to see you're getting involved with crypto/NFTs and I'm actually shocked as well seeing how this community really moves at a snails pace when it comes to upgrades/updates. Hell this is a 20+ year old game and this server getting involved in crypto/nfts is already 90%+ ahead of other games... Life really does throw curveballs haha.

My only issue is you picked Polygon... why? You all realize they are going to rug pull this year, right? You should have went with Loopring instead of Polygon. Polygon will get rug pulled to bring in more regulation to crypto. This is all planned just like the FTX fiasco.

For people not familiar with this approach... Ben is basically creating a system where there won't be any chargebacks which is smart. Also Ben will be able to make a profit off of anyone selling their items/characters (The decentralized approach which gaming and finance need to be) on any NFT marketplace that uses the same ledger/blockchain. I'm guessing the server owners will be the ones to initially "mint" everything unless they are creating their own marketplace. Also to fight players buying and selling gold/items/characters is a losing battle.... So why not just make money on the transactions of these players?

EDIT : To add to this, besides polygon rug pulling I have other things to mention here. Polygon isn't decentralized as it's very centralized. The assets (held in a multi-sig wallet) are held by 5 people.... Not very safe. Also you really need a trustworthy Layer 2 solution and Polygon isn't a Layer 2... It's a sidechain so the security aspect of it is severely flawed. You REALLY want to use Loopring instead.

Loopring is what powers the GameStop NFT Marketplace which is the most profitable marketplace currently.

To the person you're responding to, this is what a combination of fear + ignorance looks like.
never heard of loopring and its marketcap is too small. the price will fluctuate too much.

i dont agree with what you've said about polygon. No one knows what the future holds and it might be a scam it might not.

If it was a scam though why's it got so many big partnerships? Disney, Starbucks, Meta, etc?
1672595744725.png

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
never heard of loopring and its marketcap is too small. the price will fluctuate too much.

i dont agree with what you've said about polygon. No one knows what the future holds and it might be a scam it might not.

If it was a scam though why's it got so many big partnerships? Disney, Starbucks, Meta, etc?
View attachment 29986
The rug pull here would cause massive crypto regulations. Which has been the goal the whole time. Centralized entity/exchange after centralized entity/exchange are going under. Loopring is actual DeFi / Layer 2.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Best of luck all, some exciting new looking features. Hope all works well!

Reactions: Jev

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
As soon as I saw Crypto in the name, I knew this was going to be bombarded with scam talk or uncertainty and lack of knowledge about it all...didn't disappoint :D

I'm very interested purely in the Crypto aspect and curious as to how it will be received, so I will play just to show support.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Gz for the effort implementing all this new stuff from mir4 and not only.
Im waiting for u on Mir M. Will u have time to play that and manage ur mir2 server ?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
@Bon non crypto question, how will rolling items for slots be worked on here?
You can gain socket slots when item first drops/crafted etc, when you re roll it, or when you use a socketgem to try add one.

Gz for the effort implementing all this new stuff from mir4 and not only.
Im waiting for u on Mir M. Will u have time to play that and manage ur mir2 server ?
Mir M gotta release first, way its going at the moment who knows when that will happen. I got a sneaky feeling its not gonna be that good and hold my attention look, its such a long grindy game, but we'll see.
And if I do play, the answer is obviously yes. the server will take priority over everything.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Glad to see your working on a server, i haven’t missed any of your servers except Paragon Mir which was a big fall down (in my opinion) the reason im sayjng IMO is because i know it was a blast to some of you lol

I made a new account > logged in > saw the big main town and how its limited and didnt like it > so i logged off 😂

Other than that i have enjoyed every server you made specially OldSkool 2.3 which is by far my favourite mir server since Euro

On Topic :

I like the concept/idea of the off-game market but like most of the people here i find it quite vague maybe its because English isn’t my first language I couldn’t understand how is it supposed to work or im just being too dumb to understand lol

But i guess we will have to wait until its live to see, and regardless of the negative/aggressive comments in this thread im actually thrilled to see how far it will get considering its also including characters selling ( hoping it doesn’t ruin/backlash the new market feature )

That being said, wish you all the best and would be nice to know if theres any approximate/estimated live date

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
what a shame, haven't you made enough off the community already? Adding a crypto scam you should be ashamed and embarrassed. ******* disgusting.

Wtf has happened to lomcn from banning p2w cash cows to allowing bullshit like this. when will enough be enough ?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Only thing I don't like is the fact it's using metamask, I've heard plenty of stories of peoples meta mask wallets being "hacked" and crypto being re-routed automatically even though they have the secret words saved on usb. Also being a chrome extension isn't exactly the safest way to store a wallet. Surely there has to be something else you can use as a payment gateway. On top of all that as far as I'm aware since MetaMask is unmanaged that means you cant use 2FA? this is just asking for security risks and people to lose their money, I would really consider other options before it goes live.

Other than that I'm all for the introduction of blockchain to Mir.

Last edited:

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

View attachment 29986

Really Bon? I bet all the DD you did was look at Market Cap and that top 10 image. You should probably figure out... who are the majority shareholders in those top 10 companies and then it might make more sense which ENTITES that favor CENTRALIZATION are behind this. Then when you realize those entities are suffering for liquidity... they will rug pull.

Here's a hint from someone who's the next Bernie Madoff, "Crypto is a jihad against the dollar". You're just asking to get ****ed here.

So now I bring proof/evidence as always... I raise you :
1) FTX Arena.png

2) FTX Umpires.png

3) Celebrities.png

CLEARLY FTX ISN'T A SCAM RIGHT GUYS, RIGHT?! It has celebrities, MLB and a NBA stadium named after FTX (Miami Heat) for starters.

Obviously the Miami Heat renamed
FTX No More.png

Now that your logic in your previous post is massively flawed let's take a look at Polygon and how it's centralized and marketed as decentralized.
4) https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/zqypnw
5)
6) It's a side chain and not a Layer 2 solution which means... Security flaws are comin boy! What better way to bring in more regulations? Polygon also gave up decentralization for scalability but yet still markets itself as decentralization. https://ethereum.org/en/layer-2/

You can do better than this Bon when it comes to DD/research. How do you not see the red flags unless your DD was as minimal as it comes. I guess you need to suffer the lesson hands on as most people do.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
what a shame, haven't you made enough off the community already? Adding a crypto scam you should be ashamed and embarrassed. ******* disgusting.

Wtf has happened to lomcn from banning p2w cash cows to allowing bullshit like this. when will enough be enough ?
Clearly you've understood or read nothing, but thanks for the pointless comment.
Do you really think if it was a shameful embarrassing scam the advert would be allowed on here? Come on, use a tiny bit of your brain before posting. Educate and find more facts before making yourself look stupid.

Only thing I don't like is the fact it's using metamask, I've heard plenty of stories of peoples meta mask wallets being "hacked" and crypto being re-routed automatically even though they have the secret words saved on usb. Also being a chrome extension isn't exactly the safest way to store a wallet. Surely there has to be something else you can use as a payment gateway. On top of all that as far as I'm aware since MetaMask is unmanaged that means you cant use 2FA? this is just asking for security risks and people to lose their money, I would really consider other options before it goes live.

Other than that I'm all for the introduction of blockchain to Mir.
If you don't trust metamask, just dont leave funds on there. Its what we've chosen for now, however we have done some investigating into other wallets that could be used in the future. However if I said we're going to use wallet x, there will just be someone else like you saying that this new x wallet is also not safe.

Really Bon? I bet all the DD you did was look ..............
You may be right, you may be wrong. Screenshotting peoples views on a reddit is hardly evidence or facts, just saying.
Every single crypto could be a giant scam for all we know. All the banks and fiat is a giant scam designed to make rich people richer. This is a conversation for another day, not one for a game advert.

If you, or anyone doesn't believe polygon or any crypto is safe... simply don't buy or use it? and if you have to use it, in this case for oldskool, simply do your transaction then change it up immediately straight back to your preferred "safe" crypto or back into fiat via an exchange and into your "safe" bank account.

Polygon and crypto isn't required to play oldskool mir. its a free to play game. you don't have to buy gamegold, you dont have to buy or sell on the marketplace, its completely optional.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Why are people still slinging crap about bon's server having crypto its simple if you don't like crypto being a part of his server then don't play it...

Its been said multiple times now crypto is just an alternatative way to use the cash shop that every single server on lomcn has the only difference is its safer for bon as the scummy players cannot charge back infact it can even end up cheaper for you than just buying things at a flat rate if you understand how crypto works.

NFT/Crypto gaming is the way the world of gaming is going there is what maybe a handful of games that use subscription based payment left on the market the rest have cashshops that differ on the P2W scale. NFT/Crypto is just the next evolution in the MMORPG payment method that makes a company profits.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Why are people still slinging crap about bon's server having crypto its simple if you don't like crypto being a part of his server then don't play it...

Its been said multiple times now crypto is just an alternatative way to use the cash shop that every single server on lomcn has the only difference is its safer for bon as the scummy players cannot charge back infact it can even end up cheaper for you than just buying things at a flat rate if you understand how crypto works.

NFT/Crypto gaming is the way the world of gaming is going there is what maybe a handful of games that use subscription based payment left on the market the rest have cashshops that differ on the P2W scale. NFT/Crypto is just the next evolution in the MMORPG payment method that makes a company profits.
My point wasn't about crypto, in general, it's the wallet and the fact it has zero protection and doesn't even support 2FA. I personally think it's a good idea for people to be able to sell their items etc but starting with one of the most insecure wallets is not the way to go. The server hasn't been released yet so it wouldn't be too late to find other more secure alternatives. both CoinBase and Binance have shop checkout systems and I am sure there is others too. Of course, you could just say "then don't donate" which I won't be doing but that still doesn't protect all the other people that don't know much about crypto and wallets that may be trying to donate for the first time.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

You can still play it, if it bugs people that much, they just don't need to donate.

Yes Bon could technically get 1/10/100k in donations over crypto and walk away; and (from my limited understanding) nothing can be done about it. But then he loses his reputation in a community he's been in for years.

Alternatively, he allows paypal, and then he gets screwed over by players who've donated hundreds because he's not balancing a game around their very specific crys and they refund (then he has to battle each case and take on any refunds).

Really he's just mitigating his risk as paypal can really screw you out when it comes to refunds; it's the players responsibility to just buy currency wisely.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
My point wasn't about crypto, in general, it's the wallet and the fact it has zero protection and doesn't even support 2FA. I personally think it's a good idea for people to be able to sell their items etc but starting with one of the most insecure wallets is not the way to go. The server hasn't been released yet so it wouldn't be too late to find other more secure alternatives. both CoinBase and Binance have shop checkout systems and I am sure there is others too. Of course, you could just say "then don't donate" which I won't be doing but that still doesn't protect all the other people that don't know much about crypto and wallets that may be trying to donate for the first time.
so not saying it is or isnt safe, but do you have any proof to backup that its not?
Its designed to be safe, because you have completely control of it.
Saying people have been hacked because they were stupid enough to get keyloggers on their PC, or stored their private key in a text file and PC got hacked etc, is not the wallets fault.
I've seen a few wallets that have been linked up to external APIs that give them full control over the wallet, any funds going in immediately go out.. we had someone recently say why didnt they get their payment. but heres the BEAUTY of the blockchain, its all public. We showed him that his wallet was hacked and probably linked to some APIs that had withdraw permission etc... the money went in, then straight out again. That's his fault, not ours or the wallets.

Is Coinbase and Binanace and safer? really? The idea of crypto is its decentralized. By putting all your money in an exchange, you are centralizing it again.
I mean look at FTX.. that was "safe" until it wasnt.

We choose metamask cause its simplicity to develop and interact with.
Coinbase offered a wider varity and let users pay in lots of different crypto currencies, but it was kinda confusing. you had to manually send money within a time frame, then wait for confirmation etc... just felt was too complicated for a community that isn't very educated. Its perhaps something we'll do later.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
mans gonna get pumped and dumped and then come out with 100 different excuses. this **** is the death of mir. if mods are gonna allow bull **** like this the the community has taken its last breath.

Your servers have been great there is no need for this bull **** this only spoils your reputation.

Because all crypto/NFT bollocks is a scam the insiders make bank while ******* over every one else how many times does the same **** have to happen for people to understand there being taken for a ride?. The only people to benefit that are not part of the scam are those in the 3rd world who are gonna spend 16 hours a day to make in a day what they would in a month.

Your eyes are tainted by story's of people getting lucky cashing out in the middle of a dump.

Nobody really gave a **** about loot boxes until it was to late to stop. We are in the position to stop it before it gets out of hand.