Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Hey, I got NTL as my ISP, and I tried to use XBL, after 3 hours of trying numerous connection types and change ports and stuff, even hooking it directly to my modem didn't work.

Anyways, I phoned XBOX support. They said NTL may charge extra for XBL users, like £5/month?

That's discusting. Has anyone got XBL with an NTL connection?

Please shed some light on this?

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Ricky said:
Hey, I got NTL as my ISP, and I tried to use XBL, after 3 hours of trying numerous connection types and change ports and stuff, even hooking it directly to my modem didn't work.

Anyways, I phoned XBOX support. They said NTL may charge extra for XBL users, like £5/month?

That's discusting. Has anyone got XBL with an NTL connection?

Please shed some light on this?

is your connection automatic dchp? do u have to put in a id+pass? you shouldn't be charged a penny extra to use the connection as xbl

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
You're right. That sucks. They shouldn't, like, but even if they try, isn't there a way to route the xbox traffic through your PC?

That'd teach 'm ;p

lol ye, you just set up ur comp for ICS and plug the xbox into your comp :)

heck, he should just do that now, its the easiest way, and it doesn't require any configeration except the ICS part which is easy/automatic

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
I understand your problem. I'm with BT Broadband, and one problem I had was that my modem don't support X-Box LIVE, and I argued it out with like 12 different support people on BT, and X-Box LIVE Support. Well, I got the same modem, and it fully works. They looking for people to work for them? :D

-Neo

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Kay, I'm going to try ICS, but then I'll have XBOX > PC > Router > Internet.

Shouldn't be too hard if I open up DMZ to the PC.

Thanks, guys! I'll let you know how I get on.

P.S. NTL can kiss my ass. I'm changing ISP as soon as I can be bothered.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Ricky said:
Kay, I'm going to try ICS, but then I'll have XBOX > PC > Router > Internet.

Shouldn't be too hard if I open up DMZ to the PC.

Thanks, guys! I'll let you know how I get on.

P.S. NTL can kiss my ass. I'm changing ISP as soon as I can be bothered.

w8 a second... u have a router??? u should just be abl to plug youyr xbox into your router and ur done

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I've tried it, I spent 3 hours last night configuring the ports on my router and XBOX. 3 hours wasted. :(

I just tried ICS, too. Managed to update the XBOX Dashboard(Which it wouldn't do before). Now it says "Unable to connect due to technical issues". I'm thinking of phoning XBL support again, however, I think they will just tell me to pay NTL again. :(

Can anyone help?

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Got it working now. Bypassed my router altogether and just used ICS through 1 of my PC's. It;s a bit of a pain in the ass but worth it.

Lol, I've now entered my activation code, got to the billing information and I can't find my credit card, problem after problem!

Anyways, thanks for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.