Opinions please :|

smoochy boys on tour

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
Well ive made a site to promote the small business ive got going. Anyway Its not about my business.. I would just like to know what you think of the general layout etc of the site, im aware it still needs a lot of work and some of the links are not working * I can fix this all myself * As i said before i just want to know what i could do to make the general layout better. Also just to note, this is my first ever site using CSS so im very bad at it im aware of that lol.

edit: would help if i added the link ¬_¬ lol

http://www.xebekz-components.co.nr

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
My opinion is that it looks cheap, and in that i mean, if i stumbled across that website looking for computer components then i wouldn't trust them, just by the look of the site.

Colour scheme and graphics need changing on the website to begin with.

/Ash

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
download a template from template monster, they're very proffesional. if you dont wanna pay the £33 for a template. just put the number into google and 60% of the time you'll find it on rapidshare.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Lol that blue looks terrible. I think these days its more whites, blacks, and greys that make sites look pro.

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
cheers for the input everyone, can anyone suggest a good colour for the side bars and bottom? >_< ive been going through every colour i can think of but none of them look right, Ive tried dark colours, greys etc but i cant find a perfect one

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
As has been said, the colour choice isn't very professional looking.
The green is far too much of a contrast to white and black.
The font size is several points too large and the headings also too large and bold.
The link buttons are forced down a row if you have a browser any smaller than 1024x768. They need to be smaller or set in a table with a fixed width so it doesn't wrap.
Are the google ads your idea or the business ? This is likely to offer competitor links on the site. A no-no in my opinion.

Last edited:

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Looks really 1995'ish lol, imo current fashion is bright strong colours like primary colours or blacks/greys although a nice mix is always nice like from white to black or silver to white.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Saw a forum somehow the other day, the template was a white background with gun metal grey toolbars or whatever you wanna call 'em. Looked nice though.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
lmao looks so taki and u got adverts on there :S so professional m8.

just nick a template off a site