Original Mir

trippie121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2017
is there any Original Mir servers out there thats not run by jo public, i used to see a patch getting released and be excited about it geting released on a wesite, now adays its just all about discord and what everyone wants..... lets just make adjustments to suite peoples needs,,, thats no fun in a game, thers to many people involved with servers,and players, friends etc,, bring back the old !

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
is there any Original Mir servers out there thats not run by jo public, i used to see a patch getting released and be excited about it geting released on a wesite, now adays its just all about discord and what everyone wants..... lets just make adjustments to suite peoples needs,,, thats no fun in a game
unfortunately now adays if you're not updating your server to what everyone wants then your server just flops within a couple months when the next server comes out. Closest to euro you're going to get atm is probably Win's EliteMir. Or try and get a Chinese account and play official with 500 ping 😂

Reactions: Omnibus

trippie121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2017
unfortunately now adays if you're not updating your server to what everyone wants then your server just flops within a couple months when the next server comes out. Closest to euro you're going to get atm is probably Win's EliteMir. Or try and get a Chinese account and play official with 500 ping 😂
it's just a shame it's went the way it has, not like over 20 year ago,, yes win's is good but with being an old skool player i dont like the feel of it,, mabe i retire lol

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
it's just a shame it's went the way it has, not like over 20 year ago,, yes win's is good but with being an old skool player i dont like the feel of it,, mabe i retire lol
there is no such thing as retiring in Mir, you'll be back 😂 whether it be in a year or 10 years from now, you'll always be dragged back in 😂

Reactions: sweetfa

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Expectations on hobbiest GM teams is huge

Original Mir had a decent size dedicated team to manage, patch and update the game.
Original mir players also had a lot more time to grind; if you put true mir out there, the majority of people would hate it as the pace would be insanely slow; no one wants to spend weeks/months in caves they've been grinding in for the past 10+ years with minimal rewards.

The reason servers are influenced by players is that there is only a team of 2-3 people who may be able to work on a server so many hours a day; so they need to use what genuine feedback they can identify to help them progress the server

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe Artificial might be what OP is looking for? I never played it but isn't it supposed to be a clone of todays Korean official mir2? If so, it should be close to what euro used to be, or not?

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Maybe Artificial might be what OP is looking for? I never played it but isn't it supposed to be a clone of todays Korean official mir2? If so, it should be close to what euro used to be, or not?
My friend told me Artificial is close to the original.

Definitely a recommendation :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Sounds like the OP isn't really asking for a euro replica. Just wants something ran professionally, where updates are laid out in real patches, and not just changed daily with communication via discord.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Sounds like the OP isn't really asking for a euro replica. Just wants something ran professionally, where updates are laid out in real patches, and not just changed daily with communication via discord.
Thats why its best to post them on the forum.

Not everyone goes on Discord and with all the random groups, it can scatter the communication which makes it really difficult for everyone.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Thats why its best to post them on the forum.

Not everyone goes on Discord and with all the random groups, it can scatter the communication which makes it really difficult for everyone.
I don't think thats what he's asking for either. He wants a server where they release an update and that's it. No discussions, no "let me know if anything needs tweeking" posts or threads.

Discord is just a less controlled place of forums, same happened here before discord was about.