ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
WizardAd.gif

Wi3drd? :/

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
okay im not that great at making banners and the such but after spending the morning learning about animating and stuff ive created 3 banners for you guys to use to represent the server if you want to add them to your signature your more than welcome and i will be adding one to mine :)

WarriorAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/WarriorAd.gif

WizardAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/WizardAd.gif

TaoistAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/TaoistAd.gif

Currently working on a Facebook page aswell and will advertise where ever i can, probably once i get a definate date for the open beta at least.

Ha.

Basic, but done ;)

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I've added to my sig to help you advertise the server

going to go tao this time around as I have not actually played one as a main charatcer before

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
One thing i've been meaning to ask though.

Skill exp....How alike Euro are you keeping this?

I mean I personally think 25,000 for Lv1 Thrusting for example is OTT, along with numerous others (Such as SummonSkele with 18,000 or something lol).

Are you perhaps thinking of reducing this? I don't want to burn all my time on ranking up skills.

Or if you are (ergh!) how about a MP Regenerating SafeZone? So we can at least speed it up somewhat lol. Or a MP regenerating Training Zone, you get the idea lol. Yes, i'm being somewhat selfish thinking about leveling Skele/Shinsu/Deva lol, sue me :P

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Like the work you're putting in, the banners look good for a small team, it's a shame that the server is so euro based (not specifically the Experience, don't mind that).

Id probably have given it a try had it not been for that. - Will put the banner in my Signature for you though.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
One thing i've been meaning to ask though.

Skill exp....How alike Euro are you keeping this?

I mean I personally think 25,000 for Lv1 Thrusting for example is OTT, along with numerous others (Such as SummonSkele with 18,000 or something lol).

Are you perhaps thinking of reducing this? I don't want to burn all my time on ranking up skills.

Or if you are (ergh!) how about a MP Regenerating SafeZone? So we can at least speed it up somewhat lol. Or a MP regenerating Training Zone, you get the idea lol. Yes, i'm being somewhat selfish thinking about leveling Skele/Shinsu/Deva lol, sue me :P

I will give this server a shout but if I see anything like this i'll be logging straight off.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the skill exp will be the same as official and as far as im aware Far has them on his wiki so ill make sure they match

Warrior
http://mir2wiki.com/Warrior

Wizard
http://mir2wiki.com/Wizard

Taoist
http://mir2wiki.com/Taoist

Its a low rate server with some spells having different graphics per the level of the skill, 70% of them are warrior skills that have them.

Leveling spells will not be easy, if you want to sit in SZ and level them, thats fine, if you want to find a trainer and stand oposite it with a friend to level thrusting, thats good too..

It wont be easy to level spells, it wont be easy to level, if you dont like it, sorry but then this server isnt for you......

Also Elijah thank you for the kind words, a small team that is true.. its just me :) I know being a euro clone will put alot of players off but thats just the mir i like. there are some changes, like WT, AST, ZT to make it feel different but there the only dungeons that have changed completely

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
lomcn says banner is too large to use, which is daft as you clearly are using it. wonder how i'm failing tbh XD

but my actual point, im loving how true to all these aspects of original euro you are being! no handholding! yay!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I shall be representing the Wi3drds o/

20k for level 3 Firewall, ouch!

I suggest using your own values for spells, that's the only thing I think you should change. In this day and age no one wants to leave their character online for 4 days just to get a level 3 spell :(

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I shall be representing the Wi3drds o/

20k for level 3 Firewall, ouch!

I suggest using your own values for spells, that's the only thing I think you should change. In this day and age no one wants to leave their character online for 4 days just to get a level 3 spell :(

Wi3drd for life.

Actually I like the idea of high skill exp requirements.. why have the feature at all when its made easy?

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Wi3drd for life.

Actually I like the idea of high skill exp requirements.. why have the feature at all when its made easy?

Personally I think its a massively outdated feature of Mir. I like the fact that people have decided to modernise certain aspects of it, bringing it more up to date. Standing in the SZ for 8 hours to level Summon Skele wasn't fun, nor engaging.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Personally I think its a massively outdated feature of Mir. I like the fact that people have decided to modernise certain aspects of it, bringing it more up to date. Standing in the SZ for 8 hours to level Summon Skele wasn't fun, nor engaging.

Simple then, Don't enable skills to be leveled in safezone?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i played a tao in my euro days so i feel the pain... i know that agomny i really do!, logging off at night with a rizla top torn off wedging down the F1 key only to find in the morning i had done 1k....... or forgot to put a fresh amulet on :S

but look at chrons... two years running.... doing bloody well and a great example of a server, im hoping that this server can atleast last some form of time.

The easy skill exp comes from a generation of easy to level servers where your LEVEL wasnt the cap on a skill, it was the amount of exp a skill needed...

Here, it will be hard to level, so 90% of spells will be leveled whilst playing. and i want to bring back the advantage of having a leveled spell over a player that didnt level it... Knowing my SS lasted 30 seconds longer was a big deal... it should be again. Knowing i can get a skele to level 5 because i leveled it to 1 as soon as i got it.

I think there should be a balance between extremely hard, very hard and just down right boring.... yes leveling spells is boring, but its all part of the game i remember, bad or good... i think it shouldnt be easy

if i could find the original skill exp requirements from the old mir2resource site i would be very happy, unfortunately im missing alot of those euro elements that i need. i once ripped the site but it was years ago and i dont have that copy anymore :(

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I don't mind the idea of high skill leveling, but for you as a gm/player and the other gm/player it's hard to see why you guys wouldn't just instant level your skills. You could say you wouldn't do that but it would be hard to tell, if you gave yourself items/money/levels people would notice, but if you level your skills most wouldn't notice. Kind of a put off imho.

Edit: Since i'm here also i'm assuming there will be a gameshop, also assume that you and the other gm/player won't be allowed to purchase items from it?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I don't mind the idea of high skill leveling, but for you as a gm/player and the other gm/player it's hard to see why you guys wouldn't just instant level your skills. You could say you wouldn't do that but it would be hard to tell, if you gave yourself items/money/levels people would notice, but if you level your skills most wouldn't notice. Kind of a put off imho.

Edit: Since i'm here also i'm assuming there will be a gameshop, also assume that you and the other gm/player won't be allowed to purchase items from it?

Ive always said from the beginning i will be a player/gm and theres only 1 other person that will be the same, ive known him for more than 20 years.

It would be VERY easy to give myself kit, skills, spawn bosses.... but then i wouldnt spend the last 6 months getting this ready, advertising it, finding a server host, paying for the server to be put online for others to enjoy who share the same values as me.

I want to play this game how i remember it, HARD, and hoping for that one good drop! okay maybe a few good drops!

This server will never be corrupted by money, ive said this so many times before, i ran heroesEU and was offered alot of money to level a player to the top level of current players and give said player a good kit. ofcourse i never took it. it wont happen on any of my servers EVER.

I despise the thought of a player PAYING for levels and kit, it should be earnt and it will be earnt.

If knowing im a player and a GM puts players off, thats understandable but also their loss. its the server i want to play on and its the server i will be playing on.

----------------------------

The gameshop will be very basic, infact there are only two items in it atm... a VanityPetMirror (so you can rename your vanitypet) and an item that stops your vanitypets stamina from decreasing for 24hours.... There are so many other things i want to get right before i even look at the gameshop.

The servers not being made to make money, in fact im thinking of scrapping the gameshop all together. the only thing that puts me off is knowing that its going to cost me to pay for a dedicated server monthly off my own back.. it would be nice to have the cost covered but at the same time i dont want to make money from players.. im not rich and have bills like everyone.... so the GameShop is still under discussion (mainly with myself lol)

If there was a GameShop then the items available will not be of a huge importance to gameplay and not many people will buy GG unless there doing it to support the server rather than buying the items in it. So if there is a gameshop then yes i would be entitled to its contents, but i would limit myself to say... i dunno a fiver a month....

there are no EXP or game changing items in the gameshop, never will be.

could do gems... but would NEVER do orbs.

again its not high on my list atm

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Have to agree with this lol.

Try as you might to never want to sit in SZ and level skills....you end up doing so as you get sick of having under leveled spells.

The only spells i leveled whilst leveling, were the beginning onces....all others would afk'd for days on end.

I'd rather have no exp on skills at all, and only be able to level them by using another skill book found in drops...even if it meant not having a leveled skill for ages, just anything to not have to afk level them lol.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
but look at chrons... two years running.... doing bloody well and a great example of a server, im hoping that this server can atleast last some form of time.

There's a massive difference between your server and Chronicles, besides the fact they have a dedicated team and have custom coded spells/features that we're likely never to see.

It's not a bog standard euro clone, which this is. It may have started off as such for the first 6months but it is FAR from that now and is the reason why it's so successful.

I wish you the best of luck and success, but I'm very worrisome that you won't be able to hold players attention long enough. I personally wouldn't touch a server that made me level my skills at the same rate as euro did. Sure, make them have to be levelled, but don't go full euro christ almighty. I want to play the game not AFK it.

Status
Not open for further replies.