Photoshop as a map maker

Gilgalad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2003
Birmingham
Lo,

A thought just crossed my mind and I wanted to ask all you map makers if its absurd or remotely possible. You know that crappy mapmaker we use atm, how annoying it is and the problems with placing things correctly and working fast... well if anyone uses Photoshop (or any other professional graphics program) theres this really helpful utility that lets you make brushes. I only just started using Photoshop myself so getting to know everything.

Cut to the chase, I want to make a brush for stuff like cliffs/objects by exporting the objects.wil and importing it as seperate brushes (i.e. sorting it out so just say the Sabuk wall Palace would be one brush and the desert floor tiles would be another). Is that possible? And would mir then accept the save if is saved it as ".map"

If anyone got what I meant lol then is it possible :P (am going to try now but I'll need some ecpert directions on how to do it)

Gil.

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
i would say no but photoshop is a peice of crap so it may work like the mir map creator -_+ (but i really doubt it cuz photoshop wouldnt reconise code like opening doors etc and it would just be one big fixed image like a screenshot).

Gilgalad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2003
Birmingham
Hate said:
i would say no but photoshop is a peice of crap so it may work like the mir map creator -_+ (but i really doubt it cuz photoshop wouldnt reconise code like opening doors etc and it would just be one big fixed image like a screenshot).

Aww lol, what if you could create it in the Photoshop as a fixed image then import it into the map maker, (do the Easterners have a better program than us, or are they stuck with the same junk?).

Earlier I tried to export all the images from the object.wil and then compile them into photshop brushes, need I say it failed misrably.

But photoshop was only a suggestion, anyone know of anything else at all that can be used instead of that friggin map maker!?

Happy New Year guys!
:drunk:
Gil.

mrj6000

i think you can. you just have to convert it to an object file. (???)