Pk Village and Hell

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
On Euro, red players who died went to Pk Village.

On Project69, there was hell for red players.

Are there any other servers that do Hell for the red players?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Although PK is very much alive in mir, the whole going red, stuck in PK Village etc is no longer a thing I don't think?
Guild Wars are so readily available most guilds will just continuously ensure they are at war with almost every other guild, giving them free PK.

Back in the day guild war wasn't such a common thing (Was it even a thing at first, or was it introduced later on?).
It was certainly only used during certain times, rather than guilds being at war constantly. Therefore you accumulated more PK points and you'd see more red players around.

I remember the very early days, one prolific PKer - I think he was called Psyco5 or something. He basically lived in BC, killing anyone he could. I used to chat to him quite often.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Although PK is very much alive in mir, the whole going red, stuck in PK Village etc is no longer a thing I don't think?
Guild Wars are so readily available most guilds will just continuously ensure they are at war with almost every other guild, giving them free PK.

Back in the day guild war wasn't such a common thing (Was it even a thing at first, or was it introduced later on?).
It was certainly only used during certain times, rather than guilds being at war constantly. Therefore you accumulated more PK points and you'd see more red players around.

I remember the very early days, one prolific PKer - I think he was called Psyco5 or something. He basically lived in BC, killing anyone he could. I used to chat to him quite often.
Going red seems to be of the past.

Never saw it on USA Mir. I was on Project69 for a bit and did pk and go to Hell lol.

Guild wars were my thing in my last days on Euro.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

didn't both guilds have to war against each other for PK points not to be gained? that's kind of what I remember.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
didn't both guilds have to war against each other for PK points not to be gained? that's kind of what I remember.
I briefly remember something like that, yeah. Not 100% sure on exactly how it worked. A guild war was deffo less common than it is now.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
When guilds are at war, they get no pk points for killing opposition. They would have their name as Orange.

There was grief play where some would unguild or use a time teleport to get their opponent points for murder.

Some guilds would war others because of grief play to spare getting murder points.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I briefly remember something like that, yeah. Not 100% sure on exactly how it worked. A guild war was deffo less common than it is now.

Nope it worked the same way as what you're used to now. Before I fked Euro off I left Revival & made a guild so I was able to war every other guild going and not go red. This was approx 2005.

Reactions: goldenballs101

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Nope it worked the same way as what you're used to now. Before I fked Euro off I left Revival & made a guild so I was able to war every other guild going and not go red. This was approx 2005.
Oh look who it is...!
Cheers for Clarifying, 2005 is probably around the time guild wars were much more common? I think I left Euro around this time to join the private server scene and returned to it a good few years later.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I made a guild and war'd every other guild in my last few days on D server before shifting over to P server until I finally left Euro.

My guild was The Republic

It was just me. Made it a complete mystery.

This was late 2008 I did this :D

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

It was certainly only used during certain times, rather than guilds being at war constantly. ...

I joined a guild on private server, in post euro mir era, and noticed we were at war with one guild and were at war constantly for weeks, even if there was expiry time on it, I think a week or something like that, it was always renewed.

I asked about it and was told not to worry, the other guild is a friendly one, they are only on war footing with us because it protects both guilds from being declared war on by some other guild. There was a rule you couldn't declare war on a guild that was already in war with some other guild.

Was a smart way to avoid guild wars. :cool:

PK village only worked maybe first half a year on euro when nobody had a clue about the provinces extent and there was no minimap or bigmap and I think no teleport npc (or it was too expensive) and of course no mounts, it was all going afoot blindly LOL. When Mongchon province was discovered by the first intrepid explorers, pple followed SV right hand map edge to get there so they wouldn't get lost and die horrible slow death encircled by hissing and biting snakes. :D

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I joined a guild on private server, in post euro mir era, and noticed we were at war with one guild and were at war constantly for weeks, even if there was expiry time on it, I think a week or something like that, it was always renewed.

I asked about it and was told not to worry, the other guild is a friendly one, they are only on war footing with us because it protects both guilds from being declared war on by some other guild. There was a rule you couldn't declare war on a guild that was already in war with some other guild.

Was a smart way to avoid guild wars. :cool:

PK village only worked maybe first half a year on euro when nobody had a clue about the provinces extent and there was no minimap or bigmap and I think no teleport npc (or it was too expensive) and of course no mounts, it was all going afoot blindly LOL. When Mongchon province was discovered by the first intrepid explorers, pple followed SV right hand map edge to get there so they wouldn't get lost and die horrible slow death encircled by hissing and biting snakes. :D
Some guys would be already observing their character and not afk to de-red.

There was that building to run in to get away.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
pretty sure anyone could war anyone but it only applied to the other team. So if you were declared war on you kind of had to declare war back to be able to attack on site instead of waiting for them to attack first.