playstation 3 warranty

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005
Last Christmas, i was given the choice of getting a *free* Laptop or Playstation3 with my Internet Package deal, the ps3 has now stopped reading games/dvds (discs) and have read it is something to do with the laser?

The console has never been opened, stickers are intact (warrenty is void if the stickers are removed) but i'm still unsure whether my console will still have the one year warranty on it?

anyone have any feedback/fixes on the matter?

reply asap please, thanks! x:001_smile::001_smile:

mapadale

Last Christmas, i was given the choice of getting a *free* Laptop or Playstation3 with my Internet Package deal, the ps3 has now stopped reading games/dvds (discs) and have read it is something to do with the laser?

The console has never been opened, stickers are intact (warrenty is void if the stickers are removed) but i'm still unsure whether my console will still have the one year warranty on it?

anyone have any feedback/fixes on the matter?

reply asap please, thanks! x:001_smile::001_smile:
You should have recieved the warranty information with the PS3, but you may need to contact the company who provided it to you. Though usually it is 12month from purchase, so could be a bit of catch 22 with this one. So get in touch with the company who provided the PS3 and get the details from them, they should also replace it as well.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Lol, I thought there would be somethiung dodgey about the * Free stuff given away with mobile phone contracts * Other than the 24 month contract you sign your self into. Probly get the ones that have been dropped in the warehouse lol. But yeh i would do as mapadale said phone sony give them the serial number see if its still in warrently failing that get on the phone to your mobile phone provider and moan lots!

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
My brother's done this his warranty was void, he phoned them they came and picked the PS3 up and dropped a new one off.