Please Read If Your Concidering Building up A 3G Server

DevilWish

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2006
here's my tip for any think starting or making an 3g server, don't because you will soon find out its not worth the hassle as like me spent 3 days and had every error you can possibly imaging from sql, gates, login, maps, npcs, client miss-match in game problems from cant buy sell wear items to cant see npcs and mobs not right images.
OK here's goes i thought long and hard about putting up a 3g server for people to play and well just have fun as well for my daughter to play without any hassle i downloaded loads 3g server stuff from kings, crueldragon, and even LiquidServer,
i followed Ls Guide first and started off using euro client with Ls client exe , got past all the sql, gates, problems manage login make create char and get in game , only to find 1 step lag, need to switch gameinter and interface to patch and then for for the 1 step lag ,this is now this was because i was using old 2.9 maps fr example Mir 2.9 0.map = 9mb and in euro is 1.8mb so you need to make sure you have euro maps installed in server side first and then i reload server up only to get 399 npcs need new homes so i a re thought and and spoke to some people on msn for some advice, was advised use base server 3.38 + Ls 1v envir + ls Uptodate db and use euro client, at first seemed great server loaded up after a load errors and stuff to setup different got in game and then i could see the new maps and npcs thought cool its worked! how wrong was i lol, found out you cant wear buy or sell items with this mix of server files and incompatible client i started working on getting holley.exe and got in game again only this time using new interface and using loader + holley exe found no npcs i could see items and maps setting ect and all worked but npcs + some mobs wasn't right files , so i went back to run the ls server base and the ls1v enir with new maps,
only loads npc errors in eiserver fixed that , got in game saw npcs maps well everything i think went to buy book from shop OK here, went to translate book , ok vanishes and didn't add or replace its, further more still wasn't the right client files cos hell blade I'm sure meant to look like the red gem slayer and glowing wasn't i put it on and vanished! all you could see was hp line floating around, now i probably get flame for this post or worse still get warning but after 3 days messing around with these server i would say leave it or the pros! cos unless you want to spend loads days weeks months repairing all the server + matching db to npcs to client, only to find at the end of it something new and better pops up on lomcn don't waste your time it seriously is not worth it , oh and for the latest CD server exe or something I'm using xp pro and installed the chinese Lang pack etc but still couldnt crack it gave up after 1/2 day on that 1 , i can see now why there isn't so many 3g servers out there unless you got a good team its lot hard work fixing for little reward , so for now i decided myself IL stick with my old msrf 2.9 that i upgraded here and there until something comes up like server +db+client all in 1 all 100% working which i doubt will happen, but i not spending another 3 days at this hard enough looking after my 3 kids lol

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Whoa dude- edit that post and make it into Sentences and Paragraph's - its VERY Hard to read.

Upvote 0

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
Ive been setting up 3g servers for nearly 2 years now and not really had any problms with setting them up.

Ive followed the LS guide twice on my original firt set of servers and had no problem setting them up.
A lot of people who go into setting servers up blind will have problem after problem, cause instead of searching and reading numerious posts and threads aout setting servers up. They exspect everything to be handed to them on a plate.

The setting up of the servers is really easy and simple to do, infact even more simple with all the guides that are availible.

And there is also the huge team that is availible for ay problems that you may encounter whilest trying to get one up and running.

Its simple and its fun.

Upvote 0

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
lol u need to keep trying lol i was like that at first now i can do loads with the files just got to keep trying and u will get better at it an soon will be easy to do

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I gave up half way through reading your post, however these issues that you had are not unsolvable. If you go step by step through the guide and do it right, you will not have any issues with setting up the server correctly.

As long as you have a completely uptodate European, or US client again you will not have any issues with seeing items, all your other issues are very simple and non time consuming to fix.

Anyone with common sense who can read, follow instructions and most importantly search forums regarding their errors (99% of which will be solvable with a simple search) will get a basic server running no problem.

No offence but if you have major difficulties even setting up the basic server, heaven help if you try to add new things considering there is alot of work to be done even on the basic server files.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
from what i gathered from the first line, you are telling us not to setup a 3.55 server because you couldnt?

it takes 2 minutes to setup a mir3 server, iv neva had a problem.

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Well it took me 3+ months to set up my first server and it is a painfull process no doubt, but you search and you read and search more and read more, try get a few friends who can help you a bit, 1 in particular person helped me a damn lot whereas another ignored me all the time lol, there are good people out there willing to help and that is what this forum is used for now.

Just keep at it because the end result is very worth waiting for. And then you can come back and help people in the same situation that you were in like i try to do, because all of us at some point started where are you are and some didnt have the help thats available to us now.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
If you are serious about setting up a Mir3 server and really interested, persevere, you'll learn so much more than you can imagine and no problem is insummountable :)

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
read demonics 3g guide, found on mf.kaorimir.com, if you follow that its impossible to go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0